Q&A: Jason Newsome | VIBEVixen.com [via Kodak Boi]
Since beating out the competition to win Tocaara's love on TV One's The Ultimate Merger, Newsome's schedule has been jammed-packed with phone interviews and appearances. Everyone is curious about their relationship, and want to know more about the couple! Have they seen each other? Is it true love? Did Tocarra make the right choice?
Well, I had my chance to sit down with The Ultimate Merger winner this week to speak with him about Tocarra, his upcoming book deal, and I also got the scoop in regards to his past relationships, including the recent scandal with an "ex-lover". Check it out!
1) Congrats on your win! How are you feeling?
Exhausted. A lot of running around since the show ended.
2) You weren't able to see Tocaara for a while, after all this time Have you been able to see Tocarra yet? If so, has the time apart changed your feelings towards Tocarra?
Yes and the time apart didn't change my feelings. During the show there is alot of commotion with the competition, so there is very limited time that you spend with the person. I definitely feel more for her and our relationship now, than I did during the course of the show.
3)Do you think Tocarra made the right choice when she choose you? Why?
I would like to think she made the right choice, because so far its been great. We compliment
each other and I don't think anyone else would compliment her as well as I do.
A heart. I say that because I'm a very caring person and I need someone that has the heart to relate to family
and who is God fearing. For example if I see a homeless person, I'm inclined to help them, so I look for a woman with the same heart.
I've actually done about 9 music videos from background appearances to feature roles, and I'm not trying to be that "video guy" - but at the same time if the right artist comes along with the right opportunity, ofcourse I'll consider it.
At this point there are no misconceptions I'd like to clear up, but there are some misconceptions of me.
9) Now let's get to the scandal... the blogs have recently talked about your relationship with a women by the name of Francesca. Are you guys still together?
We were never together, I did consider her to be a friend though.
10) According to a ‘concerned friend’, you were involved in a long-term relationship with Francesca... even while being on the show.
Like I said we were never together, but I cut off all ties with any female friends that desired more than friendship because I found someone I really wanted to be with ....Toccara.
11) Now, in the email letter, you were accused of being physically abusive, a cheater, and stealing $75,000 from this woman. Can you clear up these accusations?
I've never put my hands on a female in an abusive way. In order to cheat you have to be in a relationship and I've never stolen anything.
12) What would you like your fans to know about Jason Newsome:
I'm glad they've supported me through the show and after the show. If its in God's will,
there will be alot more of me shown in a positive light. I have a couple of events that my company
is spear-heading. I'm also writing a book, called "An Open Book".
13) What's your book going to be about?
Its going to be kind of like a Steve Harvey book, but geared more towards the younger crowd so they can relate to it better that they would a Steve book.
14) How can fans stay in connect with you?
Everyone can stay in the loop of my efforts through Facebook and on Twitter @i_jasonN
15) Thanks for taking the time out and leting VIBEvixen interview you.
I appreciate the support.