kane-beatz-vibe

V Exclusive! Kane Beatz Speaks on His 2011 Grammy Nominations

With the nominees of the 2011 Grammy Awards building excitement for the upcoming show, Kane Beatz will certainly be in attendance when it goes down next February.

The 24-year-old producer is known for producing smash hits such as Trey Songz’ “Bottoms Up,” Young Money’s “Bedrock” and recently Nicki Minaj’s “Super Bass.” This year, Lupe Fiasco’s “The Show Must Go On” is nominated for Best Rap Performance, while Minaj scores a nod for Best New Artist. Kane Beatz has multiple chances of winning an award he has dreamed of since becoming a producer.

“It would be a blessing,” Beatz said. “To be recognized at that level, it would just be the ultimate acknowledgement. That’s what everybody works for–that Grammy.”

Beatz’ early days of producing began with Trick Daddy’s “Tuck Ya Ice” in 2006, and since then he has expanded his musical repertoire outside of hip-hop. He has turned his focus to R&B, crafting sounds that goes along with his universal appeal. He is currently working with The Building Records signee The-Mad Violinist.

“Once you hear, ‘Kane is in the buildin’,’ the exciting part is because I’m making music that is fun,” Kane Beatz said. “The type of music I’m touches a lot of different people.”

The Orlando native is a part of a new wave of young producers who are high in demand by big name hip-hop acts. Already having a few successful singles with the YMCMB camp under his belt, he is set to boast appearances on Birdman’s Bigga Than Life, Minaj’s Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded and Wayne’s I Am Not A Human Being 2.  He has also produced for Rick Ross and Nas.

“That was such a crazy experience, Nas is so hands-on,” he said. “You can’t make a beat for Nas, you really got to make it for the sound he wants.”

 Beatz is continuing to stay busy going into 2012, scouting talent for his label The Building. He has recently signed JR Get Money, who is also nominated for a Grammy from work on Lupe’s single off Lasers. --Eric Diep

From the Web

More on Vibe

Photo by Roy Rochlin/Getty Images

Gabrielle Union Slammed For Kissing Newborn Daughter

Filled with that new-mommy joy, Gabrielle Union's Instagram feed has been packed with baby pictures. But a new video with her showering her daughter in kisses is receiving backlash.

Captioned "Kissing Game, She's got my heart on a string," the short video is a less than 30 seconds of the mother-daughter combo kissing on the mouth. Still, some commenters felt that Union was harming the child.

 

View this post on Instagram

 

Kissing Game. She's got my ❤ on a string. @kaaviajames 💋💋💋

A post shared by Gabrielle Union-Wade (@gabunion) on Dec 6, 2018 at 6:38pm PST

"Kissing seems so harmless, but research suggests that you could spread oral bacteria called mutant streptococci through saliva if you have active tooth decay," said one commenter, giving an unwelcome dose of cyber parenting. "And this could increase your child's risk of tooth decay."

With hundreds of people giving unrequested advice, Union offered a response to the comments.

"Hey guys, I appreciate all the concern about kisses on the mouth and labored breathing,” the 46-year-old wrote. "I am blessed enough to have a nurse here with us while at work. Kaav is healthy and I don’t even touch her without washing and sanitizing myself and everything and everyone that comes into contact with her.”

A classy comeback, the actress stood her ground while defending her right to parent in her own way.

READ MORE: The Wades' Newest Addition, Kaavia James Union Wade, To Make TV Debut With Oprah

Continue Reading
Photo by Roy Rochlin/Getty Images for Paramount Pictures

50 Cent, Starz CEO Detail $150 Million Deal, 'Power' Spinoffs

50 Cent continues to flourish as a television producer as he spilled the tea to Business Insider during their Ignition conference this week on some projects he has coming in relation to his hit series Power.

In a sit-down interview, 50 along with Starz's CEO Chris Albrecht, told moderator Nathan McAlone that although he'll no longer appear on the Omari Hardwick-headed show, he'll be bringing three spin-offs from the show into on-air fruition.

One of the spin-offs will be a prequel revolving around 50's slain character Kanan. Meanwhile, all three spin-offs will be moving simultaneously, according to Albrecht.

"The prequel is my spin-off. I get the chance to come back. I'm dead," 50 said. "It's cool, though. It gives the chance to show the world where all of these characters grew in so you can see the defining moments that developed their imperfections that people are attracted to at the moment. It's exciting. It's TGE, the golden era."

Albrecht chimed in on 50's announcement, saying, "I'm happy to have them all work, but we're determined to have at least one.

"it's important because there's a lot of fans out there that want to see more of those characters and new stuff like BMF [Black Mafia Family], which is going to be amazing. Not easy, but amazing."

Black Mafia Family is another show that will be overseen by 50, about the infamous drug organization that ran rampant in the 1980s headed by Demetrius "Big Meech" Flenory.

This news comes almost two months after the October announcement that 50 signed a multi-series deal with the network worth up to $150 million.

Check out the conversation below.

READ MORE: 50 Cent Says He Wouldn't Be Mad If His Son Got Hit By A Bus

Continue Reading
Kevin Winter

Snoop Dogg Advises Kevin Hart To Tell The Oscars To "Suck A D**k"

Kevin Hart has pulled out of hosting the Oscars after refusing to apologize for his resurfaced tweets that appeared to share homophobic views. The gig may have been Hart's dream job, but Snoop Dogg is telling him not to worry. Instead, he suggested the comedian should tell the Academy to "suck a d**k."

Snoop gave Kevin some advice in a video on Instagram on Friday (Dec. 7). "Don't trip, that ain't our kind of shit anyways. Oscars? Yeah right, come do the BET Awards," Snoop said in the video. "They don't care. You a comedian, crackin' jokes...really? Y'all want me to host it now? Nah, I don't think so. I got s**t to do, and I got way more customers before I get to you. Kevin Hart, smoke a blunt. Tell the Academy to suck a d**k or die trying. F**k 'em. We still love you, n***a."

As previously reported, Kevin Hart landed at the center of controversy after someone re-discovered his tweets from 2011. He reportedly claimed that he would hit his son if he was ever caught playing with dolls. The comedian stated that the Academy called him Thursday night (Dec. 6), and gave him an ultimatum: apologize or step aside. Hart decided to pass on the apology and later stepped down from his position. Amidst his exit, he also offered an apology to the LGBTQ+ community. "I sincerely apologize to the LGBTQ community for my insensitive words from my past," he said.

The Academy hasn't announced a new host at this time. The 91st Oscars ceremony will kick off on Feb. 24, 2019. Check out Snoop's advice to Hart in the video below.

 

View this post on Instagram

 

P. S. A. @kevinhart4real 🎥👍🏿💙. 🏆 🥇 Oscar Meyer Weiner

A post shared by snoopdogg (@snoopdogg) on Dec 7, 2018 at 7:14am PST

 

Continue Reading

Top Stories