webbie-rocsi-vibe

Webbie Brushes Off Rocsi and 106 & Park Ban: 'I Ain't Thinking About [Her]'

Last week, BET’s 106 & Park hostess Rocsi Diaz sat down with Peter Bailey on NBC’s NiteCap and basically said she was sexually harassed by rapper Webbie on the show in October. She claims he made an offensive remark and was then banned from 106, by Diaz’ cohost Terrence J.

“It’s really sad that it was taken to the extreme, not to the extreme, excuse me, but the way it was looked upon. ‘Oh he was banned.’ I think that…in any light that a woman feels she was disrespected and I have thick skin…but when you’re at a job and someone sexually harasses you in a manner that is very vulgar and disgusting. You know, I have no shame in sticking up for myself and telling you that you’re improper right now. I’m at work, I’m on a set, there’s children around us…you’re really out of line right now. And I think that people should applaud more so a woman sticking up for herself and the people around her for sticking up for herself than allowing that kind of behavior to happen. And I think that we allow that behavior to happen too much in our society and we don’t put light on people being unappropriate (sic).”

Webbie somewhat addressed Diaz’s comments in an interview with HipHopNews24-7.com, giving a slightly incoherent response to the accusations.

"Man, I ain’t thinking about that girl man. I be here with my dogs, we ain’t trippin all day…My n*gga talking ‘bout what’s the best way to get a bad b*tch? We steady thinkin’ of tricks playas do to get bad bitches in the bed. We started makin plans, ya heard…if you ain’t thick or fine, a** ain’t jiggling when you walk, I don’t even want to have nothing to do with you. We can be friends, ‘Hey. How you doin?” I don’t f**k with ‘em, my d*ck too big.”

Despite the lingering controversy, 2012 already seems to be a busy year for both. Diaz will make her acting debut as a Western girl in “Gang of Roses,” release a new book and has started to DJ.

From the Web

More on Vibe

Matt Winkelmeyer

Keanu Reeves Will Reprise Role In ‘The Matrix 4’

Keanu Reeves is returning to The Matrix. Reeves and co-star, Carrie-Anne Moss, have signed on to reprise their roles as “Neo” and “Trinity” in an upcoming fourth installment of the successful film franchise, Variety reports.

Lana Wachowski, who wrote The Matrix and The Matrix Reloaded, will pen the script for the film produced by Warner Bro. Pictures and Village Roadshow Pictures. Additional information, including the plot and further details around other potential cast members returning for The Matrix 4, remain unknown. Production on the film is set to begin in 2020, a source told the website.

Lana and her sister, Lilly Wachowski, are credited with creating and directing The Matrix series. In 1999, a woman named Sophia Stewart filed a billion dollar copyright infringement lawsuit accusing the Wachowskis of stealing the script from her. Conflicting reports claim Stewart won the lawsuit, while others say the suit was dismissed.

The original Matrix film, which was released in 1999, brought in more than $400 million worldwide. Its 2003 sequel, The Matrix Reloaded, earned close to a billion dollars, while The Matrix Revolutions made just under $430 million.

Continue Reading
Actor Tray Chaney attends "Traffik" Atlanta VIP Screening at Regal Atlantic Station on April 16, 2018 in Atlanta, Georgia.
Photo by Paras Griffin/Getty Images for Codeblack Films

'The Wire's' Tray Chaney Shares His Testament In Self-Entitled Documentary Trailer

You may have seen Tray Chaney as Malik "Poot" Carr on the HBO Emmy-nominated drama series The Wire where he starts as a neighborhood drug dealer in the Barksdale organization and slowly moves up in ranks. He has also starred in a list of roles including Bounce TV's  Saints & Sinners as Kendrick Murphy and was nominated in 2019 at the International Christian Film Festival for Best Actor: Short Film in Angels in Rocket Field. 

After being accepted as an "Official Selection" during the Black Continental Independent Movie Awards in Silver Spring, Maryland, Chaney released the documentary trailer for Undeniable: The Tray Chaney Story under his Undeniable (Wired Different) campaign on Thursday (Aug. 15). The potential docuseries will follow the narratives of the journeys of The Wire cast members, how they landed their roles, what happened when the television series ended in 2008, and what they are doing now.

Under the production of Commodore Independent Filmworks and Safe House Films DC. Chaney's 45-minute episode features testimonials from Big Daddy Kane, Clifton Powell, Kenny Lattimore, Vanessa Bell Calloway, Russ Parr, Jd Williams, Keith Robinson, Anwan Big G Glover, and Black Child. His former co-star Idris Elba also shows his support for the documentary.

"Just know how hard he hustles," says Anwan "Big G" Glover.

The less than 2-minute snippet touches on the framework of Chaney, his eagerness and willingness to learn,  even mentioning his journey on Saints & Sinners as "the work of the Gods".

Watch the trailer for Undeniable: The Tray Chaney Story below.

Continue Reading
Disney Channel

Is 'The Proud Family' Coming Back To Disney?

According to reports, beloved early-2000s cartoon The Proud Family could reportedly be heading to Disney's new streaming service with all-new episodes.

During a red carpet interview for the film 47 Meters Down: Uncaged, actor and comedian Tommy Davidson, who played the cartoon family's patriarch Oscar Proud, stated that new episodes would come with the media company's upcoming service, Disney+.

"I forgot to tell you that, The Proud Family is coming back. Proud Family's coming back," he reportedly said. "It's on one of Disney's streaming [services]. Yeah, Proud Family's coming back. They told me not to tell you."

Fueling even more speculation, an unofficial, fan-made page featuring new animation of Penny Proud and her friends made the rounds on Twitter Monday night (Aug. 20). Over the weekend, people also discovered that Solange and Destiny's Child sang the show's theme song (we thought everyone knew, but welcome to the club).

Disney+ is reportedly going to drop on Nov. 12, so we'll likely hear more news about it soon, and will finally get an answer about The Proud Family's possible reboot.

#TommyDavidson revealed #ProudFamily is coming back. He revealed it will be on #DisneyPlus streaming app.https://t.co/ODqHwiKN0R pic.twitter.com/3bWCZcbW1m

— WhereistheBuzz (@whereisbuzzzzzz) August 14, 2019

Continue Reading

Top Stories