Get Keke Palmer's VIBE Vixen Magazine Cover Look with Cynthia Alvarez
Celebrity Hairstylist Cynthia Alvarez is responsible for Keke Palmer's hair on VIBE Vixen's Dec/Jan digital magazine cover. She shares with Vixens on how to achieve beautiful, wavy tresses to re-create Keke's hairstyle. Check below for a step-by-step guide!
1. Apply heat protecting serum to clean, dry hair.
2. Add a few rows of extensions. I prefer to use Hair Factory's New York Remi line as they add the length and fullness that's required for this look.
3. Starting from the back of the head, curl sections around a 1.5" curling iron. Be sure to curl all sections facing the back of the head. Pin the curls so they can set and last longer.
4. Once the whole head is set and the curls have cooled off, take out the pins, shake the curls loose and flip head over.
5. My trick for sexy, voluminous hair is to rake your fingers through the hair while your head is flipped. This adds tons of volume and helps blend the curls for a seamless finish. Once your done, spray a flexible hold hairspray and you're ready for a night on the town.