ti-vibe_0

T.I. Discusses Possible Collaboration Album With Young Jeezy

Fresh off his New Year’s Day release of F*ck Da City Up, T.I. called Power 106 Los Angeles to talk with J Cruz and Los Angeles Leaker's Justin Credible.

TIP and the gang chopped it up about the reception of his new mixtape, which was released specifically for fans of his trapstar raps. The Kang also talked about one of the mixtape’s most-talked about tracks, “Popped Off” featuring Dr. Dre. He had nothing but admiration for the West Coast legend and is hoping to continue building their chemistry on future work.

Another topic of discussion was Young Jeezy, who TIP has been frequently working with as of late. He addressed a possibilty of a collaboration album a la Kanye and Jay-Z’s Watch The Throne. But the focus for TIP is putting ATL back on top with his latest LP Trouble Man and B.o.B.'s Strange Clouds.  Watch him reclaim his crown in 2012. --Eric Diep

Read the interview from Power 106 below:

His motivation for releasing F*ck Da City Up as a free mixtape:

"My motivation for the mixtape was to serve the core audience of my fanbase, man. The people that were down with I’m Serious,Trap Muzik, the Urban Legend ,before there was a multi-platinum T.I. I want to give cats more dope boys, more 24s and more top backs. You know right now man, Giving the success of T.I., the labels ain’t trying to get behind that as much like they once were. I still care about the people who represent me from the get-go, and I feel like this mixtape was way a to give them the music that they want to hear first."
Working with Dr. Dre:

"Working with Dre, man, that was really was a check off my bucket list. I plan and I hope to continue working with him at a great deal man. Because the music, you are not going to get a better producer than that – point blank, period. You can get some cats that are as good at some things, but you are going to get a better producer than Dr. Dre. He hears things in a certain way that other ears ain’t wired the same as ours. His mind don’t think like ours do. To be in there with the best of the best, and actually begin to be able to put your best work in the hands of man that can put you where you need to be musically, it’s phenomenal. That opportunity, I’m floored by it. Now, the chemistry, we just kicked it like before I was T.I. and before he was Dr. Dre. "
Possible Young Jeezy collaboration album

"Jeezy and I we have discussed doing a collaborative album. Right now, we are both focused on putting Atlanta back on top. In my absence, I’ve seen the city take a backseat – if you will - to other areas and other regions. No I ain’t trying to swipe everybody’s efforts and contributions to the game, but I know what my city represents and I know what my city is capable of, and if I feel like we are not living up to our full potential, I am gonna gather the cats who I know, who supposed to ride for the town like I ride, and we get it back right."

From the Web

More on Vibe

Vivien Killilea

Romeo May Have Landed A Role In 'Bad Boys For Life'

Bad Boys 3 is officially going down, and there's going to be a lot of new changes. The biggest change seems to be major additions to the film's cast. In fact, Romeo Miller recently hopped on social media on Tuesday (Dec. 11), suggesting that he could be the newest addition to the Bad Boys team.

Romeo shared a photo of an email for a callback to the Bad Boys set on his Instagram Stories on Dec. 11. "When you get callbacks and opportunity to work alongside your idols, @martinlawrence and @willsmith, you go study and go ghost," the rapper-turned-actor said, mentioning stars Martin Lawrence and Will Smith.

Romeo isn't the only hip-hop star to possibly land a role in the forthcoming movie. Nicky Jam also suggested he was going out for a part during an interview with TMZ in Nov. 2018. "I actually came her because I'm doing a casting for a movie," he said at the time.

As previously reported Will Smith and Martin Lawrence announced that the third installment of the Bad Boys franchise is finally happening after years of negotiating. The upcoming film, entitled, Bad Boys For Life, is expected to premiere in Jan. 2020.

Check out Romeo's post below.

 

View this post on Instagram

 

Looks like #Romeo May be joining the #BadBoys3 crew! Are y’all here for it, #Roomies!?

A post shared by The Shade Room (@theshaderoom) on Dec 11, 2018 at 10:13am PST

Continue Reading
Getty Images

'Selena: The Series' Is Headed To Netflix

It's been more than 20 years since Selena Quintanilla's senseless death, but the singer's fans and family have done their part to keep her memory and legacy alive. With the hope of introducing the Grammy-award winner to a new generation, Netflix has ordered a Selena series to live on the streaming platform.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, the Quintanilla family will produce what is being described as a coming of age story for the model, actress and fashion designer. It's unclear how many episodes will be in the series and if it'll be 30 minutes or an hour.

"Selena will always have a lasting place in music history and we feel great responsibility to do justice to her memory. With this series, viewers will finally get the full history of Selena, our family, and the impact she has had on all of our lives, Selena's sister Suzette Quintanilla said in a statement. "We are excited to partner with Campanario and Netflix to give fans a never-before-seen glimpse at our story and highlight why Selena will remain a legend for generations to come."

Selena began her musical career in the 1980s often performing at festivals in her hometown of Corpus Christi, Texas. She quickly rose to fame and earned a Grammy in 1994 for best Mexican/American album, becoming the first female Tejano singer to do so.

In 1995, Selena was shot and killed by Yolanda Saldivar who managed her fan club after it had been discovered she was embezzling money. Saldivar was found guilty and sentenced to life in prison. The singer's life then made it to the big screen in 1997, with Jennifer Lopez starring in the principal role.

READ MORE: Her Living Legacy And What It Still Means Today

Continue Reading
Robin Marchant

A 'New York Undercover' Reboot May Be On The Way

Nostalgia seems to be the name of the game these days. As networks flirt with the idea of rebooting beloved television shows birthed in the 90s, the return on investment appears to be two-fold: being able to tap into the fanbase that helped catapult the show to success, while exposing the series to a new audience.

According to Deadline, ABC is not only rebooting NYPD Blue but also considering bringing back New York Undercover. Created by Dick Wolf, the cop drama starring Malik Yoba and Michael DeLorenzo was the first series that featured two actors of colors as the lead.

Yoba and DeLorenzo played undercover detectives J.C Williams and Eddie Torres with New York's fourth precinct. Later on in the series, Lauren Valez joined the cast as a detective and Torres' love interest. Originally housed on Fox, the series lasted from 1994-1998, with the unsuspecting death of Torres who perished in a car bomb.

Wolf's agent spoke to Deadline and hinted about the reprisal. "Wolf  is reviving one of his shows from years ago – it’s a franchise you can redo” that “doesn’t necessarily have to have the same cast.” Reportedly there are multiple networks interested.

If the show does make a return, will you tune in?

READ MORE: Yes, Martin Is A Classic But Let's Leave It In The 90s

Continue Reading

Top Stories