rick-ross-vibe-murder

UPDATE: Police Are Not Looking to Question Rick Ross Over Murder

Ricky Rozay is making news headlines this morning.

A 40-year old man was found dead in front of Ross' Miami pad. TMZ has reported the unknown man was shot to death on Rozay's property, however, he was not home when the shooting took place.

The MMG boss is not a suspect in the investigation, but law enforcement is looking to speak with the rapper. Ross' camp has yet to comment, and it is still in question if the victim has any affiliation with Rick or his camp.

More details to come as the story develops. --Jolie Sanchez


Update 2 via MTV: After police found a dead body in front of a Miami Gardens home owned by Rick Ross, the Maybach Music boss' name began to pop up in connection to the killing, but an area detective confirmed to MTV News on Wednesday (February 29) that the rapper is not a suspect, nor is he being sought for questioning.

Update via AllHipHop: According to reports, Gregory Paul Nesbitt, 39, was the man killed early this morning, outside of Rick Ross’ home.

Police responded to calls of shots fired near the home and found Nesbitt had been shot multiple times, just inside of a gate connected to the property, which Rick Ross owns.

Police are still trying to determine why Nesbitt was at the residence and as of press time there are no suspects or a movie in the shooting.

“They do have neighbors that did hear some gunshots,” Miami Gardens Police spokesman Sgt. Bill Bamford told The Huffington Post. “They are talking to them to see what they heard and when they heard it, and hopefully put the pieces of this puzzle together and find out who killed this man.”

Although Rick Ross was not home during the shooting, police are seeking to question the rapper about the murder.

Rick Ross does not reside at the address, but he uses the Miami Gardens residence as a recording studio, where friends also live.

From the Web

More on Vibe

'Sesame Street' Praised For The Inclusion Of Homeless Character

Sesame Street continues its crusade to include statement-making characters on their block. This time around, families will be introduced to Lily, the show’s first homeless character.

According to USA Today, Lily- an adorable hot pink, red haired puppet- was first introduced to the show in 2011, but in new online clips, Lily opens up about being homeless and staying with friends.

"Now we don't have our own place to live, and sometimes I wonder if we'll ever have our own home," she says to Elmo in one clip. In her initial appearances on the show, Lily discusses her family’s food insecurities, meaning they didn’t have much to eat.

“We know children experiencing homelessness are often caught up in a devastating cycle of trauma – the lack of affordable housing, poverty, domestic violence, or other trauma that caused them to lose their home, the trauma of actually losing their home, and the daily trauma of the uncertainty and insecurity of being homeless,” said Sherrie Westin, President of Global Impact and Philanthropy at Sesame Workshop.

“We want to help disrupt that cycle by comforting children, empowering them, and giving them hope for the future," she continues. "We want them to know that they are not alone and home is more than a house or an apartment – home is wherever the love lives.”

In recent years, Sesame Street has introduced a slew of ground-breaking new characters, including Julia, a puppet with autism, and Alex, a character whose father is incarcerated.

READ MORE: 'Sesame Street' Introduces A Character Who Has A Father In Jail

Continue Reading
Getty Images

Cardi B To Join James Corden On A Forthcoming "Carpool Karaoke" Segment

Your rapper’s favorite rapper Cardi B is slated to make her debut on “Car Pool Karaoke” with James Corden, Billboard reports. The Late Late Show host teased the upcoming episode, which airs Monday (Dec.17) via Instagram along with a small schedule of the show’s upcoming guests.

 

View this post on Instagram

 

Here’s what the next two weeks look like on the @latelateshow! Seeing the year out with a bang x x x

A post shared by James Corden (@j_corden) on Dec 10, 2018 at 5:17pm PST

In addition to the “Money” rapper, Amber Heard and Armie Hammer will also appear on the same episode. Corden is closing out the last leg of 2018 strong by having a slew of other prominent stars on the show on the last week before the program goes on break for the holidays. The likes of Gwen Stefani, RuPaul, Jennifer Lopez, Emily Blunt, Leah Remini, Lin-Manuel Miranda, among others will be featured on the show after Bardi’s Monday episode.

To say the least, we're sure the British talk show host and the newly minted Grammy-nominated rapper are going to have the time of their lives.

The 26-year-old's now estranged husband Offset, along with the other members of Migos were guests on the beloved show. Joining Corden as he drove through the streets of Los Angeles, the trio performed a slew of hits including "Walk It Talk It"  while also giving a nod of praise to past hits, including Whitney Houston's "Wanna Dance With Somebody."

With all the fun Migos had with Corden, we can only imagine what shenanigans James and Belcalis are going to get into.

READ MORE: Cardi B Buys Her Mother's House

Continue Reading
Vivien Killilea

Romeo May Have Landed A Role In 'Bad Boys For Life'

Bad Boys 3 is officially going down, and there's going to be a lot of new changes. The biggest change seems to be major additions to the film's cast. In fact, Romeo Miller recently hopped on social media on Tuesday (Dec. 11), suggesting that he could be the newest addition to the Bad Boys team.

Romeo shared a photo of an email for a callback to the Bad Boys set on his Instagram Stories on Dec. 11. "When you get callbacks and opportunity to work alongside your idols, @martinlawrence and @willsmith, you go study and go ghost," the rapper-turned-actor said, mentioning stars Martin Lawrence and Will Smith.

Romeo isn't the only hip-hop star to possibly land a role in the forthcoming movie. Nicky Jam also suggested he was going out for a part during an interview with TMZ in Nov. 2018. "I actually came her because I'm doing a casting for a movie," he said at the time.

As previously reported Will Smith and Martin Lawrence announced that the third installment of the Bad Boys franchise is finally happening after years of negotiating. The upcoming film, entitled, Bad Boys For Life, is expected to premiere in Jan. 2020.

Check out Romeo's post below.

 

View this post on Instagram

 

Looks like #Romeo May be joining the #BadBoys3 crew! Are y’all here for it, #Roomies!?

A post shared by The Shade Room (@theshaderoom) on Dec 11, 2018 at 10:13am PST

Continue Reading

Top Stories