The VIBE House Artists at SXSW 2012

CASHMERE AGENCY, VIBE MAGAZINE AND MMXLII RETURN TO SXSW 2012 WITH THE VIBE HOUSE, THE HOTTEST URBAN EVENT IN AUSTIN

Los Angeles/New York/Austin (March 6, 2012) – Cashmere Agency, VIBE Magazine and MMXLII are excited to hit Austin with the most comprehensive urban lineup with the official SXSW event residency, The VIBE House presented by adidas Originals. The must-attend event will feature two showcases, “AllHipHop.com's Breeding Ground” and “Respect The West”, which will take place on Friday, March 16 and Saturday, March 17 respectively, from 8pm – 2am at Kiss & Fly on 404 Colorado St. in Downtown Austin. The showcase series features some the biggest names in hip hop, including Cash Money’s Mystikal, Big K.R.I.T., Nipsey Hussle, Kendrick Lamar, Don Trip, Dom Kennedy, Strong Arm Steady and more, along with plenty of surprise guests.

Click Here for RSVP and More on The 2012 VIBE House

The VIBE House has been the hottest hip hop ticket in Austin for the last two years, bringing over 100 of the biggest and freshest urban artists to Austin; including Snoop Dogg and DPG, EPMD, DJ Quik, Tech N9ne, Mac Miller, Big Sean, Machine Gun Kelly, Slaughterhouse, Curren$y, Big K.R.I.T, Murs, Bone Thugs-N-Harmony, Kendrick Lamar and Dom Kennedy. All past VIBE House showcases have sold out, with over 1,200 fans attending every night and over 50,000 live stream viewers.

The 2012 VIBE House kicks-off on Friday with the “AllHipHop.com Breeding Ground” showcase and continues on Saturday night with Stampede Management hosting the successful “Respect The West” showcase, which celebrates West Coast hip hop. The VIBE House will also stream live via Livestream, so fans around the world can tune-in to watch the entire show, exclusive at livestream.com/vibehousesxsw

From the Web

More on Vibe

Vivien Killilea

Romeo May Have Landed A Role In 'Bad Boys For Life'

Bad Boys 3 is officially going down, and there's going to be a lot of new changes. The biggest change seems to be major additions to the film's cast. In fact, Romeo Miller recently hopped on social media on Tuesday (Dec. 11), suggesting that he could be the newest addition to the Bad Boys team.

Romeo shared a photo of an email for a callback to the Bad Boys set on his Instagram Stories on Dec. 11. "When you get callbacks and opportunity to work alongside your idols, @martinlawrence and @willsmith, you go study and go ghost," the rapper-turned-actor said, mentioning stars Martin Lawrence and Will Smith.

Romeo isn't the only hip-hop star to possibly land a role in the forthcoming movie. Nicky Jam also suggested he was going out for a part during an interview with TMZ in Nov. 2018. "I actually came her because I'm doing a casting for a movie," he said at the time.

As previously reported Will Smith and Martin Lawrence announced that the third installment of the Bad Boys franchise is finally happening after years of negotiating. The upcoming film, entitled, Bad Boys For Life, is expected to premiere in Jan. 2020.

Check out Romeo's post below.

 

View this post on Instagram

 

Looks like #Romeo May be joining the #BadBoys3 crew! Are y’all here for it, #Roomies!?

A post shared by The Shade Room (@theshaderoom) on Dec 11, 2018 at 10:13am PST

Continue Reading
Getty Images

'Selena: The Series' Is Headed To Netflix

It's been more than 20 years since Selena Quintanilla's senseless death, but the singer's fans and family have done their part to keep her memory and legacy alive. With the hope of introducing the Grammy-award winner to a new generation, Netflix has ordered a Selena series to live on the streaming platform.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, the Quintanilla family will produce what is being described as a coming of age story for the model, actress and fashion designer. It's unclear how many episodes will be in the series and if it'll be 30 minutes or an hour.

"Selena will always have a lasting place in music history and we feel great responsibility to do justice to her memory. With this series, viewers will finally get the full history of Selena, our family, and the impact she has had on all of our lives, Selena's sister Suzette Quintanilla said in a statement. "We are excited to partner with Campanario and Netflix to give fans a never-before-seen glimpse at our story and highlight why Selena will remain a legend for generations to come."

Selena began her musical career in the 1980s often performing at festivals in her hometown of Corpus Christi, Texas. She quickly rose to fame and earned a Grammy in 1994 for best Mexican/American album, becoming the first female Tejano singer to do so.

In 1995, Selena was shot and killed by Yolanda Saldivar who managed her fan club after it had been discovered she was embezzling money. Saldivar was found guilty and sentenced to life in prison. The singer's life then made it to the big screen in 1997, with Jennifer Lopez starring in the principal role.

READ MORE: Her Living Legacy And What It Still Means Today

Continue Reading
Robin Marchant

A 'New York Undercover' Reboot May Be On The Way

Nostalgia seems to be the name of the game these days. As networks flirt with the idea of rebooting beloved television shows birthed in the 90s, the return on investment appears to be two-fold: being able to tap into the fanbase that helped catapult the show to success, while exposing the series to a new audience.

According to Deadline, ABC is not only rebooting NYPD Blue but also considering bringing back New York Undercover. Created by Dick Wolf, the cop drama starring Malik Yoba and Michael DeLorenzo was the first series that featured two actors of colors as the lead.

Yoba and DeLorenzo played undercover detectives J.C Williams and Eddie Torres with New York's fourth precinct. Later on in the series, Lauren Valez joined the cast as a detective and Torres' love interest. Originally housed on Fox, the series lasted from 1994-1998, with the unsuspecting death of Torres who perished in a car bomb.

Wolf's agent spoke to Deadline and hinted about the reprisal. "Wolf  is reviving one of his shows from years ago – it’s a franchise you can redo” that “doesn’t necessarily have to have the same cast.” Reportedly there are multiple networks interested.

If the show does make a return, will you tune in?

READ MORE: Yes, Martin Is A Classic But Let's Leave It In The 90s

Continue Reading

Top Stories