A Closer Look at Will Smith's Admiring Reporter

A Closer Look at Will Smith's Admiring Reporter

So by now, you're probably well aware of Will Smith's infamous "attack" on that Ukrainian reporter. Well after a little bit of digging, we've discovered that his name is Vitalii Sediuk, and that this isn't the first time he's gotten on the wrong side of Hollywood's elite.

The proclaimed "prankster" is a anchor for Ukrainian morning show "Breakfast with 1+1." He's famous for his lighthearted approach in news, almost in a Borat-esque manner. It seems that Will Smith isn't the first major celebrity he's pissed off either.

Last year, he gave pop icon Madonna a bouquet of hydrangeas during the premiere of her directorial effort W.E. at the 2011 Venice Film Fetsival. Sounds nice, right? Well supposedly it's common knowledge that Madonna hates hydrangeas (in her words, "loathes" them), and he purposely presented her with the flowers to get a rise out of her.

Whether or not the gesture was meant to purposely offend Miss MDNA, there's no denying the jokester persona of this guy. And who knows, maybe he didn't really mean to kiss Will Smith. After a few more views of the now-infamous video, maybe Vitalii simply got caught up in a awkward cheek kiss gone way wrong (come on, don't front like you haven't been caught in one of those before!).

While we await his explanation behind the slap heard around the world, we'll take some responses from you guys. Was Will right or wrong? Maybe this guy needs to chill out on the pranks before he runs into the wrong person—we're pretty sure DMX ain't just gonna give him a tap on the cheek!

Here's Vitalii at work:

And here's the Madonna situation:

This is his response to Madonna:

From the Web

More on Vibe

Actor Steve Harvey attends the super welterweight boxing match between Floyd Mayweather Jr. and Conor McGregor on August 26, 2017 at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada
Photo by Christian Petersen/Getty Images

Steve Harvey's Daytime Talk Show To End In June

Steve Harvey's nationally syndicated show has officially come to an end.

According to Variety, the series will take its final bow in June. The final episode was filmed on Thursday (May 9), but details about what took place remain unknown. Steve ran for seven years on NBC, with Harvey one of the few people of color with a successful talk show in the daytime slot in years. The talk show was previously pushed as The Steve Harvey Show but changed styles and tone after Endeavor’s IMG Original Content reached a deal with Harvey in 2017 that included him receiving a majority stake in the show.

In September, it was previously reported that Harvey was losing his slot with NBC after the network announced plans to develop a talk-variety hour with Kelly Clarkson.

A source told Variety that Harvey has no regrets about making the shift to IMG and changing the content from a traditional Oprah-like feel to heightened attention to celebrities and pop culture. “Steve took a shot,” the source said. “He still made more money than he would have under the old deal.”

Harvey touched on the topic back in January at the Variety Entertainment Summit, throwing bits of shade at NBC for not keeping him in the know about the decision.

“I thought I was, until they made an announcement a couple of weeks ago that they wanted to give Kelly Clarkson the owned-and-operated NBC networks -- that’s my slot," Harvey said about the decision. "I don't know if it sold, it's not selling like they thought, but I thought it would have been nice of them to come to me -- as the only dude who’s survived [in daytime TV] for seven years -- about it. You know, I'm an honorable guy," he added. "I'm just an old school guy, and I just thought that you're supposed to just talk to people and just go, 'Look, you've been good business for us. This is what we're thinking of doing, are you OK with that?' No, you just don't put something in the paper and say, 'I'm just going to make this move right here,' because it's crazy."

Ironically, the show has gotten more attention on social media thanks to Harvey's candor about general topics. This week, the comedian was met with disputes about ableism after he pushed the idea of "no days off" work ethic by not sleeping in. With a new audience (agreeing with his views or not) there's a chance the show can be picked up at another network or live in streaming world.

Rich people don’t sleep 8 hours a day. pic.twitter.com/jcDWBYKE6V

— Coach Kay (@Kierstensharris) May 7, 2019

Continue Reading
Getty Images

Tiffany Haddish Will Hold 'Make Up Show' In Miami After Ridiculed New Year's Eve Set

Tiffany Haddish made headlines earlier this year for performing a widely-panned comedy set during her 'She Ready' Tour. The Last O.G.'s leading lady started 2019 on the wrong foot after reportedly forgetting her jokes during her Miami show on New Year's Eve.

Haddish said that her cringe-worthy set was due to "burn out" and "partying," and she's attempting to make things right with the disappointed fans in attendance.

"I’m doing a free make up show in Miami on JUNE 20th for people who were not happy with my New Year’s Eve show," Haddish wrote on Twitter on Friday (May 10). "You will be receiving an email shortly from AEG, so make sure to claim your tickets by next Monday night because these tickets are first come, first serve."

"See, your brain is an interesting thing when it don’t get the proper amount of rest," she told TMZ of the performance shortly after making headlines. "You gotta understand, I’ve worked almost every day last year...Lesson learned, but also, it was a blessing because so many people… so many really dope comedians, they all supported me and reached out… I got all these great phone calls, I’mma try my best for it to not happen again, but it might!”

Hopefully her fans are forgiving and will give her another chance to get it right.

I’m doing a free make up show in Miami on JUNE 20th for people who were not happy with my New Year’s Eve show. You will be receiving an email shortly from AEG, so make sure to claim your tickets by next Monday night because these tickets are first come, first serve.

— Tiffany Haddish (@TiffanyHaddish) May 10, 2019

Hope to see you there! #SheReady #NoImeanitThisTimeIWILLbeready

— Tiffany Haddish (@TiffanyHaddish) May 10, 2019

Continue Reading
Matt Winkelmeyer/Getty Images

Steph Curry Publicizes Support For Ayesha Curry

Days after Ayesha Curry came under fire for honest comments made on Red Table Talk, the famed chef's husband, Stephen Curry, issued a message of love and support. Taking to his Instagram Story, the Golden State Warrior commended his wife and mother to their three children for remaining true to who she is.

"Proud of you for being authentic and putting yourself out there—not being afraid of the potential bullsh*t and nonsense that could and did come at you," he said. "Way more positive than negative with all of this. Keep being you. I love you."

During a recent episode of Jada Pinkett Smith's Facebook show, Ayesha Curry stated that she doesn't receive the same attention from the opposite sex as her counterpart does from women. The instance made her take an internal look and begin to question her outward perception. "I have zero—this sounds weird—but, like, male attention. So then I begin to internalize it and I'm like, 'Is something wrong with me?' I don't want it, but it would be nice to know that someone's looking," she said.

On Instagram, the 30-year-old expanded upon her stance and fulfilling her need to be transparent with herself. "I have never been one to cage my feelings and emotions to any capacity," she wrote. "I am human. It brings me pure joy to speak my mind, be vulnerable at times and to know myself inside and out."

 

View this post on Instagram

 

#StephCurry sends #AyeshaCurry a sweet message in support of her sharing her feelings with y’all ❤️

A post shared by The Shade Room (@theshaderoom) on May 10, 2019 at 4:19am PDT

Continue Reading

Top Stories

Cookie Settings