10 Quotable Lines From Lloyd Banks' 'V6: The Gift' Mixtape
Lloyd Banks is back, and killing it with his new mixtape V6: The Gift.
This time around, it seems like Banks had more to prove—especially with the recent comments made by 50 Cent about his work ethic. It almost seems like 50's words were taken as constructive criticism, and used to propel a project that's heavy on street anthems, cohesive production, and just enough features that allows Banks to prove his worth to the game without getting overshadowed by other MCs.
Check out these 10 rewind-worthy punchlines from V6: The Gift, and see if you agree that Banks is back to set the game on fire:
1. "Praying I'm in God's eyes behind these bricks/Life's a bitch, and she kicks/I switch 'em out/Switching bitches like I'm switching these whips." — "Intro/Rise From The Dirt"
2. "Honey got a fetish, so her face is all spit/Stuck my fingers in her pussy/Made her taste her own shit" — "The Sprint"
3. "I know you see me/You wish you was me/Life's a bitch, and ya chick is ugly." — "Open Arms"
4. "I'm heating up, and I'm out the pot/My style came from the suns of corn/Shine so bright, give the crowd shades/Might get burnt when the son perform" — "We Run The Town" (feat. Vado)
5. "Don't get on my shit list/I'll give all y'all the business/Let your number one fan be the witness/It's your number one chance in the benches/You lucky to be my apprentice." — "Protocol"
6. "Hottest nigga in my city/Ain't no way that I could possibly chill/Illest nigga around/That's one hell of a hospital bill." — Fabolous, "Bring It Back"
7. "I lost my pops, October/It made me colder/No longer able to stand shoulder to shoulder/You know when it's over/No rewind, no controller/No degree, no diploma/Just the heart of a soldier." — "Chosen Few" (feat. Jadakiss)
8. "Fuck, you gon' take advantage of Blue?/I wrote the Blueprint/Lay you out with my serpent/Beat that pussy up and roof it" — "Hate You More"
9. "The hate in the street's too crowded, Royal Rumble/I'm gon' see to it that all you crumble/Racks by the bundle/Relax, while I son you." — "Show & Prove"
10. "I gets 'em in, move 'em out/I need a U-Haul truck/My cup overflows with mojo/You den used yours up/Feel like I'm catching stunts in slo-mo/Got the shoe stores stumped." — "Terror Dome"