Jeremy Lin1

Coach Mike Woodson Looking to Keep Jeremy Lin in New York

Coach Mike Woodson has confirmed the New York Knicks plan to match the offer given to Jeremy Lin by the Houston Rockets.

Last week, it was reported the Rockets offered Lin a $28.8 million deal over a four-year period. However, according to Woodson, he didn’t give the offer a second thought and says the Knicks are looking to keep Lin in New York.

“Never once,” said Woodson in Las Vegas where the Knicks are participating in summer league. “Jeremy Lin has always been a big part of what we’re trying to do as we move forward with our franchise.”

He’s expressed same sentiment at the end of the season as well stating the “future’s very bright for him.”

Woodson also has plans for Lin and the newly acquired Jason Kidd to work together as well during the next season. According to ESPN NY, he feels the veteran baller will be a “perfect fit” for Lin.

“Jason’s a veteran guy that brings leadership,” he said. “He’ll be able to tutor (Lin) as he grows as a point guard for our franchise. And Jason can still play and run a ballclub, so that’s important I think as we move forward and get ready for (training) camp and start the upcoming season.”

This week, Jeremy Lin refuted a report made by the New York Daily News stating he was upset the Knicks haven’t matched the Rocket’s offer as of yet. He took to his Twitter page to refute the claims, posting “Lol why do u guys believe everything? No quotes from me = probably not true.”

During the regular season, Lin averaged 14.6 points and 6.2 assists per game. While Linsantiy as bubbling, he was leading the team to a 6-1 stretch directly after Woodson took over for former coach Mike D’Antoni.

From the Web

More on Vibe

Robin Marchant

A 'New York Undercover' Reboot May Be On The Way

Nostalgia seems to be the name of the game these days. As networks flirt with the idea of rebooting beloved television shows birthed in the 90s, the return on investment appears to be two-fold: being able to tap into the fanbase that helped catapult the show to success, while exposing the series to a new audience.

According to Deadline, ABC is not only rebooting NYPD Blue but also considering bringing back New York Undercover. Created by Dick Wolf, the cop drama starring Malik Yoba and Michael DeLorenzo was the first series that featured two actors of colors as the lead.

Yoba and DeLorenzo played undercover detectives J.C Williams and Eddie Torres with New York's fourth precinct. Later on in the series, Lauren Valez joined the cast as a detective and Torres' love interest. Originally housed on Fox, the series lasted from 1994-1998, with the unsuspecting death of Torres who perished in a car bomb.

Wolf's agent spoke to Deadline and hinted about the reprisal. "Wolf  is reviving one of his shows from years ago – it’s a franchise you can redo” that “doesn’t necessarily have to have the same cast.” Reportedly there are multiple networks interested.

If the show does make a return, will you tune in?

READ MORE: Yes, Martin Is A Classic But Let's Leave It In The 90s

Continue Reading

R. Kelly's Ex-Girlfriend Kitti Jones Details Abuse By Singer

With the recent gun threats at a screening of Lifetime's Surviving R. Kelly docuseries, former girlfriend Kitti Jones sits down with Page Six TV to detail the ins and outs of her relationship with the singer on Monday (Dec. 6).

Joining the conversation via video live stream, Jones speaks on the emotion and physical abuse she endured during her two-year relationship with Kelly, telling a number of horror stories in the process.

Having lived with him in his Chicago home from 2011 to 2013, Jones shares the way the abuse evolved from verbal to physical beginning with an implementation of rules. According to Jones, Kelly would expect her to follow a number of obscure and possessive rules such as, "standing up when he walks into the room," "facing the wall," and "asking permission to use the bathroom."

In addition, Jones shares that she was often expected to have "sex on demand" and would suffer adverse consequences if she did not comply, including being denied food for days at a time.

During the interview, Jones also aligns with Kelly's ex-wife, Andrea Kelly, in her claim that the R&B musician was undoubtedly behind the threats that ultimately evacuated a private screening of the upcoming R.Kelly docuseries, Surviving R. Kelly on Dec. 4.

“I believe it was somebody connected to him," Andrea Kelly told Rolling  Stone. “This was an outside inside-job to me; someone on the outside does not want what’s going on on the inside to be completed. Whoever it came from, they know that this is not a good thing because there’s power in numbers.”

According to reports, those in attendance included the several of Kelly's accusers as well as the founder of the #MeToo movement, Tarana Burke.

Check out Jones' full interview here.

READ MORE: Andrea Kelly Believes R. Kelly Is Behind Gun Threats At Documentary Screening

Continue Reading
Getty Images/YouTube

Nas, Sauce Walka And Kanye West Make Up Jay-Z's 'Best Of 2018' Playlist

Jay-Z's year has been an eventful one so it makes sense the mogul would have a fire playlist to match.

For Tidal's End of Year content, the head honcho himself curated a playlist dedicated to the rap tunes he enjoyed the most in 2018. The list is a mix of today's power players like Pusha-T, Nipsey Hussle, Lil Wayne, Meek Mill and standouts like Sauce Walka and Westside Gunn.

Drake also has a noted three nods with Scorpion cuts "Emotionless," "That's How You Feel" and his guest spot on "SICKO MODE" with Travis Scott making the list.

The artist also included the righteous "BLACK EFFECT," a track from Everything Is Love with Beyonce. Rounding out the list is Rapsody's soulfully stirring "Sojourner" with J.Cole.

Check out the full list below.

READ MORE: 44 Artists & Industry Elite On The Legacy Of JAY-Z & His Discography

Continue Reading

Top Stories