UjdyVP7w UjdyVP7w

50 Cent vs. Floyd Mayweather: Former Pals Hash It Out on Twitter After Rapper Leaves Money Team Promotions

The bromance that was Floyd Mayweather and 50 Cent is done. Gone with the wind. Finito. Think, 5AM at the King of Diamonds strip club O-V-E-R. But before the boxing groupies of the world shed a single tear, Mayweather and 50 Cent ended their friendship with a hilarious, insult-fueled Twitter war that would make any twelve-year-old jealous. Picking out one insult, or our favorite in the he-said/he-said 140-character feud would be too difficult and probably start a VIBE office feud in it of itself, so we're just going to lay them all out on the table. For those not in the know, the professional boxer and hip-hop entrepreneur called it quits with their joint boxing promotion company, TMT Promotions or The Money Team, earlier this week. The partnership didn't last long, a mere four months, before 50 decided he'd do the whole fight-promotions thing alone and call it SMS Promotions. (50's headphone company is similarly called SMS Audio.) 50 had his reasons too, and he took them to Twitter. "I move the fighters to SMS promotion cause the other half of the money team didnt put up there [sic] $MONEY$," he wrote after tweeting he was "no longer apart [sic] or down with TMT promotions." Being the hip-hop jokester he is, 50 also added this gem:

Taking some boxers -- Yuriorkis Gamboa, Billy Dib and Andre Dirrell -- with him to the new SMS roster, 50 then decided to up the ante. "GAMBOA WANTS TO FIGHT FLOYD. I will put up a extra 20 million for the winner," he tweeted. "He don't like it that Floyd pulled out." (Let's do this! All good Twitter feuds should be settled in the boxing ring.) But then all hell broke loose after 50 tweeted:

That tweet alone was tweeted more than 10,700 times and favorited by some 7,000 people. Time for Mayweather to step into the Twitter ring. The champion boxer retaliated with an uppercut -- with the news that he had some new hip-hop friends. "YMCMB + Maybach Music + The Money Team collaborating on some new music," Mayweather wrote. Maybach Music's Rick Ross took to his defense too. "We the new Money team #Tmt #MMG #oilmoney," tweeted Rozay. Maywether went to call 50 a "male boxing groupie" and tweeted his new affinity with Beats by Dre headphones. (Oooh. That last one especially must have hurt as 50's SMS headphone sales have been less than stellar in comparison.) Mayweather then moved to the subject of 50's record sales.

But that wasn't the icing on the cake just yet. Mayweather then dropped the following tweet with a picture of 50 Cent supposedly holding his money (pictured above).

Pretty safe to say this friendship is over. Let us know who you're putting your money on. Or, do you think this a hoax in the name of good promotion?

From the Web

More on Vibe

Vivien Killilea

Romeo May Have Landed A Role In 'Bad Boys For Life'

Bad Boys 3 is officially going down, and there's going to be a lot of new changes. The biggest change seems to be major additions to the film's cast. In fact, Romeo Miller recently hopped on social media on Tuesday (Dec. 11), suggesting that he could be the newest addition to the Bad Boys team.

Romeo shared a photo of an email for a callback to the Bad Boys set on his Instagram Stories on Dec. 11. "When you get callbacks and opportunity to work alongside your idols, @martinlawrence and @willsmith, you go study and go ghost," the rapper-turned-actor said, mentioning stars Martin Lawrence and Will Smith.

Romeo isn't the only hip-hop star to possibly land a role in the forthcoming movie. Nicky Jam also suggested he was going out for a part during an interview with TMZ in Nov. 2018. "I actually came her because I'm doing a casting for a movie," he said at the time.

As previously reported Will Smith and Martin Lawrence announced that the third installment of the Bad Boys franchise is finally happening after years of negotiating. The upcoming film, entitled, Bad Boys For Life, is expected to premiere in Jan. 2020.

Check out Romeo's post below.

 

View this post on Instagram

 

Looks like #Romeo May be joining the #BadBoys3 crew! Are y’all here for it, #Roomies!?

A post shared by The Shade Room (@theshaderoom) on Dec 11, 2018 at 10:13am PST

Continue Reading
Getty Images

Safaree Says He's Over His Beef With Meek Mill: "He Ain't On No B.S"

Safaree is ready to leave the ill feelings in 2018. In a forthcoming episode of BET's Rants, Safaree dished about his previously beef with Meek Mill, insisting that he was way over the drama.

During the episode, Safaree addressed Meek's new attitude and maturity level. "As far as Meek—and I can see in Meek and everything he does now—he's way more mature than he was even a year ago," Safaree said. "From what he's been through, I can tell he ain't on no B.S. because when I hosted the BET Pre-Awards and all that, [Rick] Ross was there. Me and Ross, we spoke, we chopped it up and Meek was right there."

He also stated that he's moving on and focusing his energy elsewhere. "It was what it was. The s**t happened. Ain't nobody die. I'm over that."

As previously reported, Safaree and Meek's beef started in 2017, over what seemed to be the common denominator: Nicki Minaj. Meek started dating the rapper after her 10-year long romance with the Love & Hip Hop star.

Things escalated after Safaree accused Meek and his crew of jumping him during the 2017 BET Awards weekend in Los Angeles. Footage taken during the incident shows Safaree talking to some people at the same time that Meek hops out of his vehicle a couple of feet away. Soon after, someone is seen throwing a punch at Safaree. At the time, Safaree called Meek the "biggest pu**y on the planet, but he clearly has a change of heart now.

It's unclear if Meek and Safaree have officially made up, but this wouldn't be the first reconciliation that happened involving the CHAMPIONSHIPS artist. He previously made up with Drake in Sept. 2018.

Safaree's episode of Rants airs on BET on Dec. 11.

Continue Reading
Getty Images

'Selena: The Series' Is Headed To Netflix

It's been more than 20 years since Selena Quintanilla's senseless death, but the singer's fans and family have done their part to keep her memory and legacy alive. With the hope of introducing the Grammy-award winner to a new generation, Netflix has ordered a Selena series to live on the streaming platform.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, the Quintanilla family will produce what is being described as a coming of age story for the model, actress and fashion designer. It's unclear how many episodes will be in the series and if it'll be 30 minutes or an hour.

"Selena will always have a lasting place in music history and we feel great responsibility to do justice to her memory. With this series, viewers will finally get the full history of Selena, our family, and the impact she has had on all of our lives, Selena's sister Suzette Quintanilla said in a statement. "We are excited to partner with Campanario and Netflix to give fans a never-before-seen glimpse at our story and highlight why Selena will remain a legend for generations to come."

Selena began her musical career in the 1980s often performing at festivals in her hometown of Corpus Christi, Texas. She quickly rose to fame and earned a Grammy in 1994 for best Mexican/American album, becoming the first female Tejano singer to do so.

In 1995, Selena was shot and killed by Yolanda Saldivar who managed her fan club after it had been discovered she was embezzling money. Saldivar was found guilty and sentenced to life in prison. The singer's life then made it to the big screen in 1997, with Jennifer Lopez starring in the principal role.

READ MORE: Her Living Legacy And What It Still Means Today

Continue Reading

Top Stories