5 Tips to Get Rid Dull Winter Skin
The dry, cold winter ruins skin. Fortunately, there's ways to combat the flaky, lackluster skin that's caused by frigid weather. Here's a few tips and products to battle the chill. -- Sandra Garcia
1. Start with a rich daily moisturizer. In the winter, it's important that the skin is constantly moisturized. Jergens is rich and creamy yet light, so you won't feel like you just rubbed Vaseline all over.
2. Our skin is constantly shedding, believe it or not. When that dead skin stays on your skin, it can create a dull flaky situation. Avoid all the extra skin and exfoliate your entire body with Bliss Sugar Scrub. It's effective but not too abrasive. Bonus: it smells like heaven.
3. I call Josie Maran Argan Oil the miracle worker. This potent oil is filled with fatty acids and antioxidants that are good for your hair, nails and, most importantly, your skin. Show the largest organ of your body that you love it and rub this all over once a week.
4. Your hands are the ones that catch the worst winter beating. Keep your skin and cuticles in check with The Body Shop's Hemp Hand Protector. The über thick concoction wards off dull skin and keeps your hands ridiculously soft. This is also perfect for those "rough patches" like your elbows and knees. Your boo will love it when you put your hands on him.
5. Looking for a more yummy response to crackling hands? Go get Burt's Bees beeswax and banana hand creme. Not only will you smell like the sweetest mix of fruit and sweet, but your hands will take on a life of their own after applying this baby daily. Throw it in your purse and rub it on your hands after every wash.