Get The Look: Kerry Washington’s NAACP Hairstyle
- Blow dry the hair with a round brush, adding a few drops of Carol’s Daughter Monoi Oil Sacred Strengthening Serum to the ends.
- Flat iron the hair from root to end to seal in shine. Next, add in a small pump of Carol’s Daughter Monoi Repairing Split End Sealer after flat ironing to lock in added moisture.
- Section out the top middle section, creating a clean part on either side of the head, then lightly tease a few sections at the front for height, and brush using a Mason Pearson hair brush. Then blend the teased hair into the back of the head, keeping the sides clean and secure with two bobby pins underneath the hair on either side.
- With a 1 1/4″ size curling iron, curl the ends of medium-sized sections and hold for three seconds for added movement, brushing out to soften and break up any tendency the hair had to curl.
- Next, smooth the hairline with a spritz of Carol’s Daughter Macadamia Heat Styling Hairspray on a toothbrush-like finishing tool. Finally, spray the entire head and finish with a final half pump of Monoi Repairing Split End Sealer on the curled ends.
Photo Credit: Getty Images