VV Must Have: Sam Fine for Fashion Fair Supreme Color Collection
For over a decade, Sam Fine has crafted one-of-a-kind looks for the world’s most dazzling stars. From Jennifer Hudson and Tyra Banks to Vanessa Williams and Iman, Fine is without question a sought-after makeup artist for women of color. Now, as Creative Makeup Director for Fashion Fair Fine is infusing his unique vision into his debut line, a collection of eye shadow palettes, lipsticks and lip gloss designed exclusively for the 40 year old makeup brand.
His goal: translate his expert techniques into head-turning looks that women can achieve at home.
The collection includes eight lipsticks ($22) in champagne toast, whispering rose, deep suede, pink parfait, moroccan spice, dynasty red, cognac African violet. Two Eyeshadow quads ($38) in a variety of sheer sparkle, satin, shimmer and matte shades, and a non-sticky lip gloss ($20).
Sam Fine Fashion Fair Supreme Color Collection is available at select stores including and on fashionfair.com.
Turn the page to learn how to use the collection.
1. Using the Supreme Eye Color Quad in Tunisian Nights, apply Iridescent Ice eye shadow directly beneath the brow, along the brow bone.
2. Next, apply Matte Black eye shadow from lash line to crease and gently sweep upward and outward toward the temples to create the look of an elongated eye.
3. Apply Matte Black eye shadow along the lower lash line, surrounding the entire eye in color.
4. Apply Iridescent Ice eye shadow to the inner corner of the eye, nearest the nose, for a touch of sparkle.
5. For added definition, use Midnight Eye Liner Pencil to line the inner rim of the eye.
6. Lastly, apply two coats of Lift and Define Mascara in Black to both top and bottom lashes.
1. Starting near the ear, sweep Beauty Blush in Chocolate Chip towards the center of the face to add contour and warmth to the complexion.
2. For an added glow, softly dust Beauty Highlighter in Golden Lights along the highest point of the cheekbone.
1. Using short strokes, apply Lip Liner Pencil in Passion to the outer perimeter of the mouth.
2. Fill in lips with Supreme Lip Color in African Violet for a seamless, luxurious finish.
3. For added shine and dimension, apply Supreme Shine Lip Gloss in Canary Diamond to the center of the mouth.