Screen shot 2013-04-20 at 8.37.59 AM

Boston Bombing Suspect Clings to Life in Same Hospital As Victims

The manhunt for suspect No. 2 that shutdown Boston most of Friday came to an end later that evening. 19-year-old Dzhokhar Tsarnaev was apprehended after a Watertown, Mass. resident noticed blood on the boat parked in his backyard, after the neighborhood lockdown had been lifted around 6PM EST.

According to Boston Police Commissioner Edward Davis, the man, who lived one block outside the door-to-door sweep radius of the police search, opened the tarp on the top of the boat, and saw a man covered in blood inside. He backed away and called authorities.

“Over the course of the next hour or so we exchanged gunfire with the suspect, who was inside the boat, and ultimately the hostage rescue team of the FBI made an entry into the boat and removed the suspect, who was still alive,” Davis said. The suspect is now listed in “serious condition” after being initially wounded in Thursday night's gunfight that left his older brother and suspect No. 1 Tamerlan Tsarnaev, 26, dead.

The brothers Tsarnaev blew their cover Thursday evening, hours after surveillance images of them were shown all over the media. They led Boston police on a wild, bullet-heavy car chase after killing a MIT patrol officer execution-style, carjacking a Mercedes SUV and its driver; took out $800 on the captured person's ATM card and later left them at a gas station. While police continued to pursue the two, they hurled explosives out the window and injured a transit officer who went into emergency surgery after arriving at the hospital.

The younger, teenage Tsarnaev is being held at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center. 11 victims from Monday's horrific double-explosion at the Boston Marathon were also being treated at the same hospital. Federal officials say that he will not be read his Miranda rights or given a lawyer for up to two days in an effort to gain intelligence as quick as possible on other explosive devices and accomplices.

The city of Boston rejoiced with the news that the younger Tsarnaev had been captured. Bostonians chanted "USA! USA!" in the streets near Fenway Park.

“If anyone wants to know who we are, what America is, how we respond to evil and terror – that’s it,” President Obama said yesterday. “Selflessly. Compassionately. And unafraid.”

From the Web

More on Vibe

Vanessa Laine Bryant (L) and Kobe Bryant attend the 2018 Baby2Baby Gala Presented by Paul Mitchell at 3LABS on November 10, 2018 in Culver City, California.
Tommaso Boddi/Getty Images for Baby2Baby

Vanessa Bryant Reveals Latest Installment Of Kobe Bryant’s ‘Wizenard’ Book Series

The latest installment in Kobe Bryant's bestselling Wizenard book series has officially arrived. The late NBA legend's widow, Vanessa Bryant, took to Instagram on Tuesday (March 31) to announce the release of The Wizenard Series: Season One.

“Welcome back to Dren! We hope you are all ready to catch up with the West Bottom Badgers for another magical basketball season. 'The #Wizenard Series: Season One' is OUT NOW,” reads a message on Vanessa's Instagram account.

The announcement was also posted to Kobe’s Instagram, marking the first post since the 40-year-old athlete, his 13-year-old daughter, Gigi Bryant, and seven others, passed away in a helicopter crash two months ago.

Created by Kobe, and written by Wesley King, The Wizenard Series follows a young athlete named, Reggie, who has big basketball dreams but serves as a bench warmer for the worst team in the league. Although Reggie is committed to putting in the work to make his dreams come true, he must first “survive the extraordinary ordeals of practice.”

The book is a followup to Kobe’s #1 New York Times bestseller, The Wizenard Series: Training Camp.

 

View this post on Instagram

 

Welcome back to Dren! We hope you are all ready to catch up with the West Bottom Badgers for another magical basketball season. The #Wizenard Series: Season One is OUT NOW.🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡#KobeBryant #GranityStudios #Kobeinc

A post shared by Kobe Bryant (@kobebryant) on Mar 31, 2020 at 8:57am PDT

Continue Reading
Allen Berezovsky/Getty Images

Lauren London Marks 1-Year Anniversary Of Nipsey Hussle's Death

As Lauren London continues to grieve over the death of her longtime love, it seems that writing has become a form of therapeutic release for the  mother and actress. London shared an emotional message on Instagram on Tuesday (March 31) in commemoration of the one-year anniversary of Nipsey Hussle’s death.

“Time is deceptive,” London wrote. “It’s been a year since you transitioned. The pain is as heavy today as it was a year ago. God knows I would give anything to see you again. I didn’t think I was going to survive a second of any of this. Prayers have kept me together. The kids keep me going and [God's] Grace and Mercy have carried me this far.”

London noted that she now stands strong, thanks to Hussle. “Because I know you wouldn’t have it any other way. Because I recall every late night conversation we had about resilience and fear. Because you were my greatest teacher and because you are still with us, in spirit.”

In closing, London vowed to continue to honor her late partner, with whom she shares a son, Kross. “I carry this pain with a purpose. I promise I will make you proud. I promise to apply everything you taught me. In life and in death, Ermias Asghedom, there will never be another. Until we are together again....I love you beyond human understanding ( but you know that already).”

The 33-year-old rapper, activist and entrepreneur was shot to death in front of his Marathon clothing store on March 31, 2019. Hussle’s accused killer, Eric Holder, is expected to go to trial next month.

Read London’s full post below.

 

View this post on Instagram

 

Time is deceptive It’s been a year since you transitioned The pain is as heavy today as it was a year ago God knows I would give anything to see you again I didn’t think I was going to survive a second of any of this Prayers have kept me together The kids keep me going and Gods Grace and Mercy have carried me this far As today makes a year I stand strong because of you Because I know you wouldn’t have it any other way Because I recall every late night conversation we had about resilience and fear Because you were my greatest teacher and because you are still with us, in spirit With every breath i take I honor you I carry this pain with purpose I promise I will make you proud I promise to apply everything you taught me In life and in death Ermias Asghedom There will never be another Until we are together again.... I love you beyond human understanding ( but you know that already)🏁

A post shared by Lauren London (@laurenlondon) on Mar 31, 2020 at 7:12pm PDT

Continue Reading
Getty Images

Ice Cube’s Big3 League To Launch Quarantined Basketball Tournament

Ice Cube and the Big 3 League have come up with a plan to continue entertaining basketball fans quarantined due to the current global pandemic. Cube and the league are partnering with the producers of Big Brother for a “quarantined reality hoops tournament” kicking off in early May, the rapper and entrepreneur announced on Twitter last Thursday (March 27).

Continuing to change the game every day. @thebig3 is partnering with the producers of Big Brother to launch a quarantined reality hoops tournament in early May. pic.twitter.com/On3O8on4lH

— Ice Cube (@icecube) March 27, 2020

According to Yahoo! Sports, Cube and Big 3 co-founder, Jeff Kwatinetz, have been in talks with multiple networks to broadcast the tournament. The three-on-three tournament will reportedly include 16 to 22 players, all of whom have tested negative for coronavirus, and will be quarantined in Los Angles home, courtesy of the Big3 League. Cameras will capture the games and the players’ daily lives. The production crew will be housed at an offsite location.

Players will be eliminated after netting three losses. The top three remaining players will win millions in cash and prizes.

Kwatinetz said that the goal is to provide fans with a “safe, entertaining brand of basketball” to help get through the pandemic.

“Cube and I have been in the entertainment business for 30 years. This is our job,” Kwatinetz explained. “People want to be entertained with all we’re going through and enjoy our sports. We think this will help.”

Continue Reading

Top Stories