Screen shot 2013-04-21 at 8.08.10 AM

DMX Wants 'Iyanla' Footage Pulled From OWN Network

Last week, DMX appeared on the season two premiere of Iyanla: Fix My Life on Oprah's OWN network. In the interview, X admitted he'll "always have a drug problem" and provided audiences with other gems like, “I felt like my mother threw me away when I was the best thing she had.” It was a candid side of X people hadn't even seen on Celebrity Rehab, and you were left thinking, "Dang, this Iyanla is gooooood." X isn't happy. Apparently, the whole conversation was suppose to be about his addition to women, not drugs. “DMX agreed to be a guest on ‘Iyanla: Fix My Life’ with the understanding that she would be helping his relationships with his 10 children,” a statement released by X's people earlier in the week read. “When he arrived for the taping, most of the content was focused on his struggles with drugs and poor parenting. Iyanla did not ‘fix’ DMX’s life just made his image worse, and does not have DMX’s personal written consent to use the footage.“ Questions about his drug use had not been cleared beforehand. He wants all the footage pulled from OWN and is looking into legal action. "Iyanla set the whole thing up to make me look bad for ratings," X told TMZ. "That lady is toxic ... My last words to her were that she can suck my dick and she still can." X is working on a new album with his former Ruff Ryder pal Swizz Beatz and hopes to attach Dr. Dre or Kanye West to the project. He will also appear in the film Blame It On The Hustle later this year.

From the Web

More on Vibe

Odell Beckham Jr. #13 of the Cleveland Browns warms up prior to the game against the Baltimore Ravens at FirstEnergy Stadium on December 22, 2019 in Cleveland, Ohio.
Jason Miller/Getty Images

College Football Officials Pondering Policy Changes After Incident With Odell Beckham Jr.

A domino effect might be on the horizon after Odell Beckham Jr.'s encounter with LSU players and a security officer that led to arrest warrants and debates about possible NCAA violations.

Speaking to USA Today Sports Thursday (Jan 16) executive director Bill Hancock said officials from the College Football Playoff will investigate practices that allow non-players to engage with players on the sidelines during events such as the national semifinals and championship games.

“Being on the sidelines is a privilege,” Hancock told the outlet. “Along with any privilege comes responsibility, because the focus should be on the people playing and coaching in the game, rather than on any visitors. The CFP will be reviewing its policy for allowing guests onto the sidelines and into locker rooms at future games.”

While the LSU Tigers beat Clemson Monday to secure a spot in the national championship, all eyes were on the Cleveland Browns wide receiver for handing out money to players and slapping the buttocks of a Superdome security guard. The incident took place in the LSU locker room. It was initially reported that the money was fake but it was confirmed that the money was actually real.

Video of the incident went viral and just a few days later, New Orleans Police Department public affairs officer Juan Barnes confirmed that the security guard filed the complaint. An arrest warrant for simple battery was issued against Beckham Jr. on Thursday.

The NFL star and former LSU player possibly committed an NCAA violation "if it’s determined athletes with eligibility remaining received cash," USA Today Sports mentions. OBJ and his representatives are cooperating with authorities, the Browns said in a statement.

Statement regarding Odell Beckham Jr. incident: pic.twitter.com/7cN3jOLCj6

— Cleveland Browns (@Browns) January 16, 2020

LSU will now investigate the incident to confirm if any NCAA violations were committed and if it will affect any of the players seen in the video.

Many have pointed exactly why the officer was in the locker room in the first place. As the players were celebrating their big win, the security guard allegedly threatened the players who were smoking cigars in the locker room. Stephen A. Smith reacted to the news and the NCAA possible violation as "bogus."

Continue Reading
Mike Stobe/BIG3/Getty Images

Jim Jones Hints At A Dipset Movie

With recent individual projects from Cam’ron and Jim Jones gaining widespread acclaim, the latter East Coast rap veteran plans to keep that momentum going with this latest news. According to XXL Magazine, Jones hinted at a movie on their rap collective Dipset, which formed in the late 90s but rose to mainstream prominence in the 2000s.

“We started this as young teenagers. We would’ve never thought that we did what we did and ended up where we are and we’re still here today making money off this industry that we dreamed of being in," he said during an interview on Nick Cannon's Power 106 show. "People know we make music and there’s always a nostalgic value when we pop out and do music. But I do believe we got a story that needs to be seen in hip-hop like no other. I know people have a lot of their own glory story, but we really have an action flick that needs to be told.”

Dipset, which is comprised of Cam’ron, Jim Jones, Freekey Zeekey, Juelz Santana, and former members 40 Cal., Hell Rell, and J.R. Writer, churned out hit after hit like “Hey Ma (Remix),” “Real Ni**as,” "Family Ties," “Dipset Anthem,” “I’m Ready,” “Crunk Muzik,” and more.

A Dipset film will not head to production until Santana’s release from prison, Jones also noted. Santana was sentenced to two years in prison for possession of a firearm as a convicted felon. He was also found guilty of possession of a controlled substance. According to his partner Kimbella, Santana is expected to be released in summer 2020.

Continue Reading
Kevin Mazur

Tekashi 69 Fears For His Life In Prison, Wants To Serve Remainder Of Sentence At Home

Tekashi 69 fears for his life in prison, especially after snitching on his old crew. The onetime gang-affiliate, born Daniel Hernandez, received a shortened sentence after cooperating with federal prosecutors, but he wants to serve out the rest of his time on house arrest, or at a halfway house.

“Allowing Hernandez to serve the remainder of his jail sentence under home confinement would be the most reasonable means to adjust and prepare for his re-entry into the community,” Tekashi’s lawyer Lance Lazzaro said in court documents filed on Tuesday (Dec. 15).

Tekashi is currently incarcerated at a private facility for safety reasons. However, his attorney argues that the Bronx native “is still housed with various members of the Bloods” gang.

“As a result of Hernandez's cooperation with the government against multiple gang members with the Bloods, Hernandez's safety is still, and will continue to be for the foreseeable future, seriously at risk,” the lawyer pointed out, according to The Blast.

The documents go on to note that Tekashi’s co-defendant, Roland “Ro Murda” Martin, was stabbed nearly a dozen times for severing ties with the Nine Trey Gangsta Bloods. Tekashi fears that he could meet a similar fate if his request isn’t granted. “It is foreseeable that placement in any Bureau of Prisons facility, including any CCC, would jeopardize Hernandez's safety,” the lawyer added.

A judge has yet to rule on the request.

Regardless of whether or not he’s allowed to return home or to a halfway house, Tekashi’s lawyer says that “given the sensitive nature of his testimony,” the “Gunmo” rhymer will have to take “extreme” safety measures, likely for the rest of his life.

Continue Reading

Top Stories