Beyoncé, Michelle Obama Among Forbes ‘Most Powerful Women’
The catchy hook of Beyoncé’s “Who Run The World (Girls)” is a testament to Forbes’ annual list of “The World’s Most Powerful Women 2013.”
The “Grown Woman” singer lands at No. 17 with Oprah Winfrey (13), Sofia Vegara (38), Hillary Clinton (5), First Lady Michelle Obama (4) and Chancellor Angela Merkel at No.1 for the eight time out of the last 10 years.
Merkel became Germany’s first female chancellor in 2005 and strives to denounce anti-Semitism in Europe and enhanced Germany’s friendly relations with Israel.
“This year’s Power Women exert influence in very different ways, and to very different ends, and all with very different impacts on the global community,” said Moria Forbes, president and publisher of ForbesWoman.
The top 10 reads:
- German chancellor, Angela Merkel
- President of Brazil, Dilma Rousseff
- Co-chair, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Melinda Gates
- First Lady of the United States, Michelle Obama
- Former U.S. Secretary of State, Hillary Clinton
- Facebook COO, Sheryl Sandberg
- Managing Director, IMF, Christine Lagarde
- Secretary for the U.S. Homeland Security, Janet Napolitano
- President, Indian National Congress Party, Sonia Gandhi
- CEO of PepsiCo, Indra Nooyi
Check out the entire list here.
Photo Credit: CBS