Easy Tips to Keep Your Makeup From Melting This Summer
Summer means hot days, and runny makeup. But with these quick tips and tricks, you’ll be set and prepped for all day wear. Take a look. — April Dawn Ricchuito
1. Always use a primer before foundation—even if you’re using a powder foundation. A primer helps prep the skin, moisturize, and hide imperfections like large pores or uneven skin tones. You can use a traditional primer, a BB cream, or even moisturizer in a pinch. It’s best to visit your local makeup counter and review the primers for different skin types. Try Smashbox primers.
2. Wear the foundation that’s suitable for your skin. If you have dry skin, you may be tempted to opt for a powder foundation since it’s hot and sticky outside—but that’s not the best option for your skin. Try a lighter liquid based foundation. Cream to powder foundations usually work well for all skin types, and offer a medium to full coverage. Try MAC’s Studio Tech.
3. Opt for a long wearing foundation. Many makeup lines have foundations that are formulated specifically for longwear; most of these are fairly sweat proof.
4. Set with a powder only where you get oily. Why wear a foundation and a powder to set it if you don’t have too? The less stuff on your face, the better it will wear. Avoid powdering your whole face and target only the areas that get shiny, like your T-zone.
5. Invest in a blot powder. Blot powders are powders that give little to no coverage, but are great at absorbing oil, sweat, and shine during midday touch ups.
6. Seal with a makeup setting spray. Once you’ve finished beating your face, spritz yourself a few times with a makeup setting spray.