Screen Shot 2013-06-10 at 11.02.16 AM

Trillectro Performers Announced: Phase 1 Includes A$AP Ferg, DJ Sliink, Travi$ Scott And More

Last year, the nation's capital played host to the very first ever Trillectro -- an event developed with the intentions of cross-breeding hip-hop and EDM.

The premier festival was a triumphant success, ultimately merging rising rappers such as Schoolboy Q, Casey Veggies and Flatbush Zombies with established EDM acts like Flosstradamus, Brenmar and Body Language. This year the concert organizers, DCtoBC plan on topping their previous party by enlisting help from some of the trillest artists from both genres.

They recently announced their phase 1 lineup, which features DJ Sliink, DJ Carnage, Travi$ Scott, A$AP Ferg and more. This one-of-a-kind event will be held August 17 at the Half St. Fairgrounds in Washington, DC. Check below for the entire list of artists announced and head over to Trillectro.com to pick up your tix now!

Alex Young | A$AP Ferg | Carnage | DJ Sliink | Gent & Jawns | Ghost Beach | Gold Room | King Chip | Nadastrom | Travi$ Scott | Salva

From the Web

More on Vibe

Nuccio DiNuzzo/Getty Image

Jussie Smollet Reportedly Cut From ‘Empire’s Last Two Episodes Of Upcoming Season

Shortly after news surfaced of Jussie Smollett facing charges of disorderly conduct and lying to police officials about a hate crime, the actor will not appear in Empire’s last two episodes, The Hollywood Reporter states. The announcement was made public by the FOX series’ executive producers on Friday morning (Feb. 22).

In a statement, the show’s gatekeepers described the past weeks’ instances as “incredibly emotional.” To keep a neutral working environment, the executive producers decided this decision would be best to sidestep any obstacles on set.

“While these allegations are very disturbing, we are placing our trust in the legal system as the process plays out,” the statement reads. “We are also aware of the effects of this process on the cast and crew members who work on our show and to avoid further disruption on set, we have decided to remove the role of ‘Jamal’ from the final two episodes of the season.”

NEW: Executive producers of “Empire” announce Jussie Smollett will be removed from the last two episodes of the season pic.twitter.com/3hnNIDDAme

— BuzzFeed News (@BuzzFeedNews) February 22, 2019

Smollett, 36, stated he was attacked by two men who hurled homophobic and racial slurs at him. The incident, which occurred in mid-January in the early hours of the morning in Chicago, was immediately investigated by local authorities. Recently, officials arrived at the conclusion that Smollett reportedly falsified information. Two men who were questioned, brothers Ola and Abel Osundairo, told law enforcement officials that Smollett contracted them to carry out the assault. They also claimed Smollett paid them $3,500.

Chicago Police Superintendent Eddie T. Johnson alleges Smollett planned the occurrence “to promote his career.” Johnson also addressed Smollett’s recollection that a noose was placed around his neck. “Why would anyone, especially an African-American man, use the symbolism of a noose to make false accusations?” Johnson said during a press conference on Thursday (Feb. 21). “How could someone look at the hatred and suffering associated with that symbol and see an opportunity to manipulate that symbol to further his own public profile? How can an individual who’s been embraced by the city of Chicago turn around and slap everyone in this city in the face by making these false claims?”

As Smollett expressed his innocence to those at Empire, his attorney issued a statement backing his guiltlessness. “Mr. Smollett is a young man of impeccable character and integrity who fiercely and solemnly maintains his innocence and feels betrayed by a system that apparently wants to skip due process and proceed directly to sentencing.”

If Smollett is found guilty, he faces one to three years in prison.

Continue Reading
Kevin Winter

Big Boi To Play Motown Founder Berry Gordy In DeBarge Biopic

Big Boi has reportedly been cast as Motown's legendary founder Berry Gordy in the upcoming biopic about Bobby DeBarge. The rapper confirmed the news on Instagram on Thursday (Feb. 21).

"Just finished playing Berry Gordy in the Debarge movie. Coming Soon," Big Boi announced on Instagram. The photo showed an acting chair with his name and Gordy's printed on the backrest.

Bobby DeBarge was the lead singer of R&B group Switch, an act signed to Gordy’s Motown Records imprint Gordy Records. Known for his  impressive falsetto, DeBarge quickly shot up to stardom during the late 70s. He later co-produced for his siblings' band, also named DeBarge, before joining the group himself.

Amidst his success in music, he struggled with substance abuse and legal issues. He died in Aug. 1995 of AIDS complications at the age of 39.

The Bobby DeBarge Story is slated to premiere on TV One sometime this year.

 

View this post on Instagram

 

Just finished playing Berry Gordy in the “ Debarge “ movie @swirlfilmsig 🎬🎥🔥 coming Soon ! 🆙

A post shared by Big Boi (@bigboi) on Feb 21, 2019 at 8:21pm PST

Continue Reading
Getty Images

Welcome To The Jam: 'Space Jam 2' Gets 2021 Release Date

It looks like we've got a real jam going down, and it will all happen in a few short years. According to Springhill Entertainment's Twitter page, the official release date for Space Jam 2 will be on July 16, 2021.

The follow-up to the 1996 Looney Tunes-heavy film starring Michael Jordan will star LeBron James this time around. Black Panther’s Ryan Coogler will produce it, and Terence Nance is directing, which were revealed in summer 2018 with a pretty cute promotional photo.

Filming will reportedly begin this summer, and we're certain we'll find out more high-profile cast members within the next year. James' production partner discussed the possibility of Michael Jordan appearing in the second film, but only time will tell.

"Michael Jordan is Michael F**kin' Jordan," said Maverick Carter. "It doesn't matter [if James] calls him, he's gonna do whatever the hell he wants, which he has earned that right to do."

The first film features basketball stars Charles Barkley, Patrick Ewing, Larry Johnson, Larry Bird and more, and features a pretty memorable cameo by Bill Murray. Danny DeVito voices Swackhammer, the owner of outer space theme park Moron Mountain. He and his tiny group of aliens steal the talent of NBA players to win a basketball game against the Looney Tunes, which could determine the cartoons' fate.

July 16, 2021 🎥🏀🥕 #SaveTheDate pic.twitter.com/qV1Tnxuksd

— SpringHill Ent. (@SpringHillEnt) February 22, 2019

Continue Reading

Top Stories