The critically acclaimed Marvel franchise is heading to South Africa to begin work on the sequel to the box office smash, The Avengers.

'Avengers: Age of Ultron' To Begin Production In Johannesburg, South Africa

Anticipation is high for the next installment of Joss Whedon's Avengers sequel. Online reports are pegging production has already begun in Johannesburg, South Africa.

According to Independent Online, the superhero project will be in South Africa filming for the next two weeks. It was previously revealed that Earth's Mightiest Heroes would also assemble in northern Italy and in South Korea.

A portion of Johannesburg's Albertina Sisulu Road was closed for filming yesterday (Feb. 10) between 7:00 am and 7:00 pm. The road is proposed to be closed between those hours for the rest of this week heading into the next. Other roads are also planned to be shut down for even longer periods beginning Friday, February 14.

"We are excited to host Marvel," Johannesburg Mayor Parks Tausaid proclaimed in an earlier statement. "It strengthens Johannesburg's position as a worldwide film production centre with first class facilities and production support. It also has a very positive impact for the region and is a great opportunity for the city to be showcased to a worldwide audience."

In addition to the rumor that Ms. Marvel is heading to the Marvel Cinematic Universe, Age of Ultron will also feature James Spader as the title villain, Thomas Kretschmann as Baron Strucker, Aaron Taylor-Johnson as Quicksilver, Elizabeth Olsen as Scarlet Witch and Paul Bettany as The Vision.

Directed by Joss Whedon, comic book movie fans can expect all hell to break loose when Avengers: Age of Ultron hits theaters on May 1, 2015.

Props: MStarz

From the Web

More on Vibe

Photo by Roy Rochlin/Getty Images

Gabrielle Union Slammed For Kissing Newborn Daughter

Filled with that new-mommy joy, Gabrielle Union's Instagram feed has been packed with baby pictures. But a new video with her showering her daughter in kisses is receiving backlash.

Captioned "Kissing Game, She's got my heart on a string," the short video is a less than 30 seconds of the mother-daughter combo kissing on the mouth. Still, some commenters felt that Union was harming the child.

 

View this post on Instagram

 

Kissing Game. She's got my ❤ on a string. @kaaviajames 💋💋💋

A post shared by Gabrielle Union-Wade (@gabunion) on Dec 6, 2018 at 6:38pm PST

"Kissing seems so harmless, but research suggests that you could spread oral bacteria called mutant streptococci through saliva if you have active tooth decay," said one commenter, giving an unwelcome dose of cyber parenting. "And this could increase your child's risk of tooth decay."

With hundreds of people giving unrequested advice, Union offered a response to the comments.

"Hey guys, I appreciate all the concern about kisses on the mouth and labored breathing,” the 46-year-old wrote. "I am blessed enough to have a nurse here with us while at work. Kaav is healthy and I don’t even touch her without washing and sanitizing myself and everything and everyone that comes into contact with her.”

A classy comeback, the actress stood her ground while defending her right to parent in her own way.

READ MORE: The Wades' Newest Addition, Kaavia James Union Wade, To Make TV Debut With Oprah

Continue Reading
Photo by Roy Rochlin/Getty Images for Paramount Pictures

50 Cent, Starz CEO Detail $150 Million Deal, 'Power' Spinoffs

50 Cent continues to flourish as a television producer as he spilled the tea to Business Insider during their Ignition conference this week on some projects he has coming in relation to his hit series Power.

In a sit-down interview, 50 along with Starz's CEO Chris Albrecht, told moderator Nathan McAlone that although he'll no longer appear on the Omari Hardwick-headed show, he'll be bringing three spin-offs from the show into on-air fruition.

One of the spin-offs will be a prequel revolving around 50's slain character Kanan. Meanwhile, all three spin-offs will be moving simultaneously, according to Albrecht.

"The prequel is my spin-off. I get the chance to come back. I'm dead," 50 said. "It's cool, though. It gives the chance to show the world where all of these characters grew in so you can see the defining moments that developed their imperfections that people are attracted to at the moment. It's exciting. It's TGE, the golden era."

Albrecht chimed in on 50's announcement, saying, "I'm happy to have them all work, but we're determined to have at least one.

"it's important because there's a lot of fans out there that want to see more of those characters and new stuff like BMF [Black Mafia Family], which is going to be amazing. Not easy, but amazing."

Black Mafia Family is another show that will be overseen by 50, about the infamous drug organization that ran rampant in the 1980s headed by Demetrius "Big Meech" Flenory.

This news comes almost two months after the October announcement that 50 signed a multi-series deal with the network worth up to $150 million.

Check out the conversation below.

READ MORE: 50 Cent Says He Wouldn't Be Mad If His Son Got Hit By A Bus

Continue Reading
Kevin Winter

Snoop Dogg Advises Kevin Hart To Tell The Oscars To "Suck A D**k"

Kevin Hart has pulled out of hosting the Oscars after refusing to apologize for his resurfaced tweets that appeared to share homophobic views. The gig may have been Hart's dream job, but Snoop Dogg is telling him not to worry. Instead, he suggested the comedian should tell the Academy to "suck a d**k."

Snoop gave Kevin some advice in a video on Instagram on Friday (Dec. 7). "Don't trip, that ain't our kind of shit anyways. Oscars? Yeah right, come do the BET Awards," Snoop said in the video. "They don't care. You a comedian, crackin' jokes...really? Y'all want me to host it now? Nah, I don't think so. I got s**t to do, and I got way more customers before I get to you. Kevin Hart, smoke a blunt. Tell the Academy to suck a d**k or die trying. F**k 'em. We still love you, n***a."

As previously reported, Kevin Hart landed at the center of controversy after someone re-discovered his tweets from 2011. He reportedly claimed that he would hit his son if he was ever caught playing with dolls. The comedian stated that the Academy called him Thursday night (Dec. 6), and gave him an ultimatum: apologize or step aside. Hart decided to pass on the apology and later stepped down from his position. Amidst his exit, he also offered an apology to the LGBTQ+ community. "I sincerely apologize to the LGBTQ community for my insensitive words from my past," he said.

The Academy hasn't announced a new host at this time. The 91st Oscars ceremony will kick off on Feb. 24, 2019. Check out Snoop's advice to Hart in the video below.

 

View this post on Instagram

 

P. S. A. @kevinhart4real 🎥👍🏿💙. 🏆 🥇 Oscar Meyer Weiner

A post shared by snoopdogg (@snoopdogg) on Dec 7, 2018 at 7:14am PST

 

Continue Reading

Top Stories