How To Dodge Single Girl Depression On Valentine's Day
It's nearing the most romantic time of the year. Nobody wants be alone within their four walls, scribbling hearts with no potential prospects in sight. Unfortunately, that can be the hand you're dealt this Valentine's Day. Combat your single girl depression with healthy alternatives to spruce up the not-so-special day.
1. Recruit your backup
If there was ever a reason to party, this would be the prime time to migrate away from the indoors and into a colorful setting. Enlist your single girlfriends for a day of pampering and fun. They'll be a great distraction throughout the day and you'll realize that you're not alone in your misery.
2. Retail therapy
Consult with your bank account first. If your finances are in alignment for the week, bend your budgetary confinements and treat yourself to a mini shopping spree. You don't have to wait for the perfect guy to shower you with the gifts you deserve! You'll have no time to complain if you're busy revamping your wardrobe.
Despite the stereotype, a woman doesn't have to be at her lowest or even most desperate to consider purchasing her next date. Hiring an escort can be an exciting (and refreshing) alternative to spicing things up and embracing a new experience! Sites like rentagent.me allow you to hand pick your selection from a pool of quality (and super sexy) candidates.
Often times, finding the right guy comes with an unyielding factor of good timing. Until then, there is always the option of shopping for your dream guy online- although it may cost you one month's rent.
4. Change your perspective
Research shows that 46% of people have negative feelings towards Valentines Day while the remaining 54% are either indifferent or looking forward to celebrating with their counterparts. Change your perspective and don't let one single day define you. Instead of chasing fantasies, dedicate your time towards spending with close friends and family; the ones who love you most.
5. Steer clear of slow jams
Music has the power to firmly grasp our emotions by the neck; hence why steering clear of all man bashing slow jams will hinder your thoughts from running wild and resurfacing those feelings of anger, sadness or subtle depression.
6. Binge Eat Through The Pain
The gym can wait! If none of your options weigh out this Friday, dedicate your entire day to binge eating! Satisfy those chocolate cravings. And you can do so in good health, as chocolate releases a large amount of feel good chemicals needed to experience euphoria. Before you know it, the 24 hours will be up - and so will a few pounds.