Vixen Verified: Chef Cheo's Easy-to-Make Meals for Two
Nothing says "I love you and appreciate you" better than a home cooked meal. These days, it seems (some) men are getting comfortable and putting in zero effort when it comes to relationships. Fret not-- Chef Cheo is here to save the day and get things cooking between you and your boo--pun intended. The renowned celebrity chef has personally compiled a list of Vixen Verified meals guaranteed to satisfy your palette and his/her stomach.
Cheo takes pride in creating individualized healthy diets for his clients in an effort to help them maintain healthy lifestyles. Follow his cooking expertise and these easy to make meals will become a personal kitchen staple.
Keep reading for recipes and instructions.
Photo Credit: Getty Images
Tempura Avocado with Sweet Chili Sauce Dipping Sauce
For tempura batter:
1/2 cup Flour
1/2 cup Cornstarch
1 tsp. of Baking Soda, Powder and Sugar
1/2 tsp Salt
2/3 cup Cold Water
Canola Oil or Peanut Oil for deep frying
2 mid ripe, avocados, seeded and peeled
Dipping Sauce 1/2 cup Mae Ploy Sweet Chili Sauce
1. Whisk together all dry ingredients in a small bowl.
2. In another small bowl, whisk together eggs and cold water.
3. Add the dry ingredients to the eggs and water. The batter will be a little lumpy.
4. Fill the pan or pot with canola oil or peanut oil. Heat until the oil reaches 375 degrees.
5. Halves the avocados and cut the halves into thirds.
6. Lightly coat the cut avocados with flour, and then dip in the tempura batter with tongs.
7. Carefully remove the avocados from the batter to the hot oil. Fry until golden brown.
8. Remove from oil and place on paper towel to drain. Salt and pepper to taste.
Walnut Crusted Baked Salmon with Oven Roasted Fresh Artichoke
For the Salmon:
2 8oz Salmon Fillets
1 cup Fine Chopped Walnuts
1/2 cup fine chopped Parsley
1/4 cup EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
Salt and Pepper, to taste
For the Artichoke:
2 mid-size fresh Artichoke
1/4 cup fine chopped Garlic
1/2 cup EVOO
salt and pepper, to taste
1. Season both the salmon fillets with salt, and pepper.
2. Preheat the over 350 degrees and a mid-size sauté pan.
3. Fine chop the walnuts add the parsley and EVOO. In the preheated pan, add EVOO then sauté both sides of the seasoned salmon.
4. Top both salmon fillets with a thin coating of walnut crust. Place the salmon in the oven let bake till preferred doneness and ready to serve.
5. Season the fresh artichoke with the salt, pepper, and garilc. Let's stand for 5 minutes to incorporate all the favors. Place in the oven to cook till tender. Then ready to serve.
Chocolate Fondue for Two
12oz Dark Chocolate
8oz Heavy Cream
Pinch of Sea Salt
- Candied Ginger
- Warn the cream till tiny bubbles add the chocolate whisk until smooth and fully incorporated.
- Transfer the chocolate to a heated fondue pot and keep warm. Serve from the Fondue Pot.
- Arrange all the dippables fruit on a platter around the fondue pot. Use fondue forks or bamboo skewers.
- To personalize the dessert menu, alternative option to add a tablespoon or two of and flavored syrups and liquors.