Charlie Wilson Tells Kanye West 'Sit Down And Be Quiet'

After calling himself a god, Kanye West has pretty much said it all when it comes to boosting his own ego. That’s why it’s not surprising that one of his closest collaborators, Charlie Wilson, says he has called Yeezy out on his big mouth.

“When he does something wrong, I’m the first one to tell him that he’s wrong and sit down and be quiet," he tells HipHollywood.

Watch the singer sound off above and stay tuned for Uncle Charlie's next album, to be executive produced by Kanye West.

From the Web

More on Vibe

Getty Images

Court Rules To Uphold Vybz Kartel’s Murder Conviction

Exactly six years after he was convicted of murder, a Jamaican court of appeals ruled to uphold the convictions against Vybz Kartel and two co-defendants. The ruling was handed down by a three-judge panel on Friday (April 3) via video conference as a precaution during the coronavirus pandemic.

Kartel’s lawyer wasn’t surprised by the court decision. “The public pressure is such that there is a lot of negatives for Vybz Kartel from certain persons and areas of the society, so I expected it,” Valerie Neita Roberson said according to the Jamaica Star. Neat Roberson added that her client did not receive a “fair trial.”

On April 3, 2014, Kartel and his co-defendants, Shawn Storm and Adidja Palmer, were convicted in the murder of Clive “Lizard” Williams, and sentenced to life in prison. The murder took place in 2011.

Williams’ body was never found. Kartel, Storm and Palmer were convicted on the testimony of a single witness.

Kartel was ordered to serve at least 35 years before he is eligible for parole. Storm and Palmer must serve 25 years before they are eligible for parole.

Despite losing the appeal, Kartel could have his sentence reduced. Appeals court Judges Frank Williams, Dennis Morrison and Patrick Brooks gave Kartel’s legal team one week to produce evidence to support claims proving that his prison sentence is excessive.

Continue Reading
Getty Images

Playboi Carti Released From Jail Following Arrest In Georgia

Playboi Carti posted bond and was released from custody in Georgia following a brief arrest. Carti was apprehended on Thursday (April 3) after authorities in Clayton Country pulled him over in a Lamborghini for driving with expired tags, the Atlanta-Journal Constitution reports.

Per a news release from the Clayton County Sheriff's Office’s COBRA task force, deputies found three firearms, 12 bags of weed, xanax, codeine, and oxycodone in the vehicle. Carti, whose birth name is Jordan Carter, was arrested alongside another man, Jaylon Tucker. The release goes on to state that Carti, 24, and Tucker, 21, are “facing the wall at Georgia’s toughest para-military jail known as the Hill-ton.”

Both men were taken into custody at the Clayton County Jail. Carti was released on bond soon after his arrest.

According to arrest records, Carti was charged with two traffic violations and one count of marijuana possession. Tucker, was charged with multiple counts of weapons possession during the commission of a crime and violation of Georgia’s controlled substance acts. Tucker remains locked up.

Earlier in the week, Clayton County issued a mandatory shelter in place orders due to the coronavirus outbreak. Clayton County Sheriff Victor Hill announced that his COBRA team would continue to make arrests during the pandemic.  As of Mondau (March 30), the COBRA task unit made nearly 70 arrests since the outbreak began, removed 13 illegal firearms off the street, and recovered eight stolen cars.

“We want to encourage everyone to continues to stay home as much as possible,” Hill said in a statement. “Wash hands frequently, sanitize surfaces, and rest assured that the Clayton County Sheriff’s Office will continue to protect no matter what.”

 

Continue Reading

‘Candyman’ Receives New Fall Theater Release Date

What was once slated to be released on June 12, Candyman will now appear in theaters on Sept. 25 due to COVID-19 concerns, Deadline reports. The Nia DaCosta-directed thriller had viewers on the edge of their seats when the trailer was released earlier this year, setting up the box office for a smash of a film.

Candyman stars Yayha Abdul-Mateen II, Teyonah Parris, Colman Domingo, and more. In 1992, the original film was released and instantly became a mainstay within the canon of horror films.

For the film’s producer Jordan Peele, Candyman’s original director Bernard Rose’s mission for the movie grew into a level of understanding that Peele recently realized. “And his vision, I think, is nothing short of beautiful, albeit complicated,” he said in an interview with Gizmodo. “It’s one that I can look at in hindsight with more experience and education and go, ‘Wow, that is…it’s definitely a mirror.’ All I’ll say—because I don’t want to go too far down that rabbit hole—is we’re doing it differently.”

Revisit the trailer above.

Continue Reading

Top Stories