8 Racist Moments in Hollywood
We all know that racism still exists. It’s a sad story, but it is inevitable in this imperfect world. The Donald Sterling rant has gained immense popularity, but he wasn’t the first to make racial slurs that disrespect an entire culture. There are countless declarations of ignorance and leaked footage of other celebrities who still live in a color-conscious world.
Although we have made great strides with race relations over the years, we still struggle with name-calling and stereotypes being publicly pandered and published all over the media. Unfortunately, it’s usually minorities who suffer. Here is a compilation of some of the most racist moments in Hollywood.
Photo Credit(s): Getty Images
1. Donald Sterling: Rant about black people and how he doesn’t want them at his games.
2. Celebrity chef, Paula Deen used the “N” word in 2013 and is accused of racially harassing an employee.
3. Robert Downey Jr. goes blackface in Tropic Thunder in 2008
4. In 2007 Don Imus calls Rutger’s basketball team “nappy headed hoes”
5. In 2011, Dave Chapelle created a white face character named Chuck Taylor.
6. Charlie Sheen left ex-wife Denise Richards a racist voicemail calling her a “liar” and a “n*gger.”
7. Michael Richards (the guy from Seinfeld) called and audience member a “n*gger after saying “50 years ago, we’d have you hanging upside down with a fork up your ass.”
8. Paris Hilton is accused of calling black men "gross" in 2011.