Justin Bieber

Justin Bieber Sued Over Alleged Restaurant Assault

Justin Bieber isn't ready for his close-up. The 20-year-old singer is reportedly being sued by paparazzo Manuel Munoz who claims that JB locked him in a Subway restaurant and was beat up by the Biebs' bodyguard, Dwayne Patterson, according to TMZ.

The suit reportedly states that the alleged assault went down after the photog snapped a few pics of him leaving SET nightclub, just minutes before his January arrest in Miami.

Patterson then allegedly chased Munoz into the bathroom of a Subway, cornered him and them demanded the pap delete his pictures. The bodyguard allegedly tried removing the memory card from his camera before punching and kicking him. Munoz claims the camera was also damaged.

However, Munoz's police report doesn't match his claims. The report says that Munoz claims Patterson never attacked him, but chased him and made him fall, resulting in a "small scratch in his left knee."

Meanwhile, Bieber’s lawyer Howard Weitzman says the entire suit isn't substantial. "This new lawsuit filed by a paparazzo is yet another shakedown for money. The paparazzo admits that Justin was not present at the alleged 'assault.' The paparazzo told the police he had only scratched his knee when he was allegedly tripped, but now claims he was beat up. There are no damages."

Bieber has had a particularly rough week in the spotlight. Earlier this week, he was caught cursing at a woman for trying to take his flick at a horse ranch and is under investigation for "attempted robbery" after allegedly grabbing for a woman's cell from her purse after she, too, tried to take a photo of the Biebs.

From the Web

More on Vibe

Getty Images

Ja Rule Vows To “Stop Engaging” In Feud With 50 Cent

Ja Rule says he’s done “engaging in anymore back and forth” with 50 Cent. In a lengthy Instagram rant posted Friday (April 19), Ja blasted his longtime nemesis as a “parasite” and a “cancer to the culture.”

“THIS is why me and 50 will NEVER co exist,” he captioned a video of a Min. Louis Farrakhan speech. “He’s a parasite, a cancer to the culture and our [people]. He comes out with music takes shots at me Kanye etc. Comes out with liquor takes shots at Diddy, comes out with his show [Power], takes shots at Taraji [P. Henson].”

Ja added that Fif is “always downing his own [people],” and “always running his f**king [yuck] mouth until the smoke gets thick then you wanna make anonymous calls to the Feds and NYPD talking about you scared for your life... lmao smh.”

He continued, “Then when the minister [Farrakhan] called for both of us to sit with him for [hip-hop] unity you gave this man your a** to kiss… definition of a SUCKER.”

In closing, Ja announced that he is walking away from the beef. “I’m saying all this to say I will not be engaging in any more back and forth with this goofy a** n**ger Curtis Ratson!!! #BootlickingkneekissingCOON#cloutchasingclown you can have all the money in the world, can’t buy class.”

The 43-year-old Queens born rappers have been going at it for more than a decade.  Earlier in the week, Fif took to Instagram to make fun of Ja's newly reported tax debt. He has yet to respond to this latest roast but last year, Fif promised to continue feuding with Ja until one of them dies.

Read Ja’s full Instagram post below.

 

View this post on Instagram

 

THIS is why me and 50 will NEVER co exist he’s a parasite a cancer to the culture and our ppl... he comes out with music takes shots at me Kanye etc. comes out with liquor takes shots at Diddy comes out with his show takes shots at Taraji always downing his own ppl... always running his fucking yuk mouth until the smoke gets thick then you wanna make anonymous calls to the Feds and NYPD talking about you scared for your life... lmao smh then when the minister called for both of us to sit with him for hip hop unity you gave this man your ass to kiss complete definition of a SUCKER... I’m saying all this to say I will not be engaging in any more back and forth with this goofy ass nigger Curtis Ratson!!! #BootlickingkneekissingCOON #cloutchasingclown you can have all the money in the world can’t buy class... 🤷🏾‍♂️ #Iconn 12.XII.Twelve

A post shared by JaRule (@ruleyorkcity) on Apr 19, 2019 at 6:40am PDT

Continue Reading
Joe Scarnic/Getty Images

Cardi B Turns Down Plea Deal In Strip Club Assault Case

Cardi B will be heading to trial after rejecting a plea deal in her assault case. The 26-year-old rapper, who is accused of ordering an attack on two bartenders at a strip club last year, made a brief appearance in Queens Criminal Court Friday (April 19).

The Grammy winner faces misdemeanor assault and reckless endangerment charges. During Friday’s hearing, prosecutors reportedly offered Cardi a deal to plead guilty to third-degree misdemeanor assault, with a conditional discharge and no jail time. The case would have eventually been dismissed, provided that she abided by the terms of the plea agreement.

Sisters Jade and Baddie Gi accuse Cardi of being involved in an attack against them at a New York strip club last August. The women claim Cardi accused Jade of sleeping with her husband, Offset.

"Cardi B ordered and committed violent assaults against my clients and is being called to justice for her crimes,” a lawyer for the women said last year. “Apparently, she thinks her celebrity status puts her above the law, since she has bragged to multiple people and on social media that she orchestrated these vicious attacks. But reality is setting in, as justice does not care whether her name is Cardi B or Carly B, and she will now answer for her crimes."

Cardi surrendered to NYPD last October, for her alleged role in the brawl. Her trial date is scheduled for May 31.

Continue Reading
Beyonce Knowles performs onstage during 2018 Coachella Valley Music And Arts Festival Weekend 1 at the Empire Polo Field on April 14, 2018 in Indio, California. (Photo by Kevin Winter/Getty Images for Coachella)
Getty Images

Beyoncé Makes $60 Million In Netflix Three-Project Deal

Beyoncé's Netflix deal proves to be another successful business move by the entertainer. The multihyphenate reportedly earned a hefty $60 million from the streaming site for three projects.

Variety reports Beyoncé's deal included the release of Homecoming a documentary and visual treasure that features a breakdown of her legendary 2018 performance at Coachella. Each project appears to be worth $20 million each with the next two projects carefully under wraps.

It makes the current debate about her earnings for her Coachella performance almost laughable. On Thursday (April 18) it was also reported by the publication that Mrs. Knowles-Carter earned a mere $4 million for her set–a stark difference from Ariana Grande's reported $8 million paycheck. While other reports claim the two were paid equally, Bey's choice to release the documentary in addition to a live album reminds us all that the singer is always ten steps ahead.

Beyonce’s nor Netflix have confirmed the numbers on the deal, but the streaming site is known for paying entertainers shiny coins for their projects.

Dave Chappelle was famously paid $60 million for his stand-up projects The Age of Spin: Dave Chappelle Live at the Hollywood Palladium, Deep in the Heart of Texas: Dave Chappelle Live at Austin City Limits and Dave Chappelle: Equanimity. Meanwhile, Chris Rock was paid $40 million for his two-stand up specials. The first being the 2018 release of Tambourine and a second yet to be released.

Continue Reading

Top Stories