5 Theories Behind Michael Strahan and Nicole Murphy's Split
Since news of the Michael Strahan and Nicole Murphy split hit news outlets Friday (Aug 1), the question of how it all went down has been on everyone’s mind. The couple released a statement siting distance as the reason for their broken engagement. And while we’re sure that played a small part in their break up, there’s probably a lot more to the story. Check out five other plausible reasons for the Michael Strahan and Nicole Murphy split after the jump.
Photo Credits: Getty Images
1. Their jobs may both be in television, but are on two opposite sides of the broadcast spectrum. While Murphy indulges in spa days and drink-throwing contests on her VH1 reality show Hollywood Exes, Strahan doubles as a sportscaster and a daytime talk show host. Maybe they just grew apart.
2. He’s been cheating on her. The New York Daily News reported that Nicole Murphy has had suspicions of him cheating for months and finally got the proof she needed just last week. Once she knew for sure that her fiancé was being untrue, she gave him the boot.
3. She cheated on him and got caught. TMZ reported that it was actually Murphy who was doing the cheating in their relationship. The tabloid posted pictures of her getting cozy in a Puerto Rican cabana with a man who was definitely not Michael Strahan in early June.
4. Their blended family just wasn’t working. The couple had a combined total of nine children from previous relationships—three of which are still relatively young. The idea of raising their children together or even having more children could have been a problem between the two.
5. Drawing out their engagement for five years could have strained their relationship—especially if one of them was stalling the nuptials while the other was trying to speed up the process.