#IdrisAtYourDoor: 12 Things We Would Do if Idris Elba Was at Our Door
With the Sept. 12 release of thriller No Good Deed starring Idris Elba and Taraji P. Henson on the horizon, the unique hashtag – #IdrisAtYourDoor is spreading wildly across social media. In the film, Elba portrays a violent prison escapee while Henson is the unsuspecting damsel who answers his knock and request to use her telephone. And, as you would expect, all chaos ensues thereafter. Though the handsome Brit depicts an obsessive criminal in the flick, we Vixens began to ponder what we would do if Idris was at our door asking to use the phone – but as his normal non-criminal sexy self, of course.
— Demara White
1. After taking multiple glimpses out of the peep-hole (ensuring that our eyes weren’t playing cruel tricks on us) do the Shmoney dance, fall on our knees and thank the heavens above for this sweet blessing of fate.
2. Yelling, “JUST A MINUTE” while sprinting to the bathroom to spruce up and cursing yourself for throwing on your bonnet and making it a Netflix night, at 6 p.m on a Saturday.
3. Actually answer the door – looking something like this, listen to his spiel and let him in.
4. Although after letting him we start to speculate the reasons why Idris has no cell in 2014, and then remind ourselves; IDRIS FREAKING ELBA just stepped foot into MY front door, care not!
5. Making sure we deadbolt the door and letting him know it’s for his safety because he’s a celebrity you know, *side-eye*. But in our minds we're thinking, “Nah-uh you ain’t going nowhere.”
6. Tell him to make himself at home, while you go grab your phone. But first we’d call, text and yell out the window to share this glorious sip of tea with the world.
7. Run to the kitchen, rummage through the cabinets and get something cooking for him. I’m just saying, we can’t let the man starve, show some hospitality!
8. Break out the GOOD wine – you know that bottle that you splurged on when you want to look good in front of your bougie company.
9. Sit down on the couch, Beyonce style.
10. Completely ignoring the fact that he still needs to use the phone – attempt to strike up a mind blowing conversation that contains important details like your astrological sign, the fact that you like hand holding and long walks on the beach. Lots of giggling and hair twirling included.
11. Give him a spare key, and casually explain that it’s an ‘in case of emergency’ key for whenever he’s in the neighborhood, wants to stop by and no one’s home. *another side-eye*
12. Finally get ready to pass over the phone, because remember that’s what he came for. But not without, first – taking an usie *wink*.