Relationship Advice For K. Michelle Through 25 Song Lyrics
While we all love a good K. Michelle album. Her most recent album, Anybody Wanna Buy A Heart, was solely based off her failed relationship with Idris Elba, and filled with plenty of broken hearted anthem. Yet as much as we love singing to the emotional tracks, we're hoping for a new love in the new year for Ms. Michelle.
How awesome would it be to see the reality starlet in a healthy, positive relationship and possibly even singing about it. Since music is her release, catch some relationship advice for K. Michelle, through 25 song lyrics, after the jump.
1. Work on yourself.
"Shine the light on whatever's worse, tryna fix something, But you can't fix what you can't see, It's the soul that needs the surgery."
—Beyonce "Pretty Hurts."
2. Take time to think of all the positives of failed relationships.
"Like the more that I breathe, and start to go slow, of all the many things, I can only recall, all of the good things"
—Jhene Aiko "Eternal Sunshine"
3. Remember words are not enough, actions must be included.
"I look beyond what people sayin, and I see intent, Then I just sit back and decipher what they really meant"
—Nicki Minaj "All Things Go"
4. Let him chase you. Never stop doing your own thing even in a relationship.
"I can't fall for you, can't give my all to you, I can't let you think that Imma let the game stall for you, gotta protect me, you gotta sweat me"
— Nicki Minaj's "I Lied"
5. True Love is patient, kind and unselfish.
"Let me be patient, let me be kind, make me unselfish, without being blind"
—Lauryn Hill "Tell Him"
6. Change your views on men, not all have an agenda.
"I gotta change if I wanna keep you forever, I promise that I'm gonna try"
—Jessie J "Nobody's Perfect"
7. Love is the ultimate goal, everything else doesn't matter.
"Nothing's real but love, no money, no house, no car"
—Rebecca Ferguson "Nothing's Real But Love"
8. Relationships take work. Everyday is not easy.
"Somebody said everyday was going to be sunny skies, only Marvin Gaye and lingerie, I guess somebody lied"
—Tamar Braxton "Love and War"
9. Ask yourself, does he understand and accept my spiritual beliefs?
"I will be patient, kind, faithful and true. To a man who love music, a man who loves art. Respects the spirit world and thinks with his heart"
—India Arie "Ready For Love"
10. Honest communication is key.
"I can speak to you so honestly, I can't even run any game"
—Amel Larrieux "For Real"
11.Be open and honest with everything, no matter how much you think it's going to hurt. Lies hurt more.
"Sometimes the truth won't make you happy, so I'm not gonna lie"
—Emeli Sandé "My Kind of Love"
12. Sometimes relationship just won't work and that's ok.
"Sometimes it lasts in love but sometimes it hurts instead"
—Adele "Someone Like You"
13. Love is built on a firm foundation so that nothing or no one can get in the way.
"Through the shake of an earthquake, I will never fall. That's how strong my love is"
—Alicia Keys "That's How Strong My Love Is"
14. A firm relationship is 50/50, give and take.
"Yeah, I love your hustle, baby, just let me add a little bit of muscle, baby"
Iggy Azalea: Change Your Life
15. Some men have a past but if he's entered into the relationship starting off new, don't hang it over his head.
"And it don't matter if you got a past, got a past. Cause I ain't got nothing to do with that, do with that, do with that"
Teyana Taylor: Broken Hearted Girl
16. Forgiveness is the X factor in every relationship equation.
"Swallow my pride, and learn to forgive"
17. Know your worth.
"I'm a million dollar girl for sure"
—Trina "Million Dollar Girl"
18. A man will go extreme lengths to make the woman he loves happy.
"Js on, with your shades on, just to bring me something to eat"
—Sevyn Streeter "It Won't Stop"
19. Love is never painful.
"Feels right, so fine, I'm yours, you're mine, like paradise"
20. Faith is essential.
"Oh glory, the prayers carry me"
Rihanna: Love Without Tragedy/ Mother Mary
21. Make time for quality down time.
"I just need some one that gives me something I could feel. Have a little small talk and a night on the town"
—Remy Ma "Feels So Good"
22. The power of your words is real.
"Be careful what you ask for, because you might get it"
—Marsha Ambrosius "F-ck N Get It Over With"
23. Watch how your partner is around your friends and family.
I want me a man, you know the kind of man, That I can take home to my daddy
—Letoya Luckett "Good To Me"
24. Be on the same page. Are you just friends, dating, in a relationship?
"Make me your Aphrodite. Make me your one and only"
—Katy Perry "Dark Horse"
25. Be yourself, but always grow.
"I'm only human, and I'm perfectly flawed"
—K. Michelle "Judge Me"