Trailer: 'House Of Cards' Season 3 Is About To Be Lit

Now showing: TV and film updates from around the web

Count on Frank Underwood to orchestrate a Golden Globe win with a House of Cards season 3 trailer at the same (damn) time. After seasoned Globe nominee Kevin Spacey took home the hardware for Best Actor in a Drama Series, Netflix let a new teaser loose ahead of the series' return on Feb. 27. F.U.'s revenge never looked this good. [HuffPo] Despite the Golden Globes' air conditioning problem, Fifty Shades of Grey made things even steamier with its extended trailer. Added footage includes Anastasia Steele's bestie calling Christian Grey the "hot type of human" and a cute little blip of her cooking for him. "What are you doing to me?," Mr. Grey says in his best phone sex voice. But the question remains: what will they do to each other? Catch Jamie Dornan and Dakota Johnson get their freak on when Fifty Shades drops Feb. 13. [Cosmopolitan]

Not only did Tina Fey and Amy Poehler nail their 2015 Golden Globes hosting gig, they offered a sneak peek into their forthcoming funny flick Sisters. Y'all ain't ready for this jelly! [TIME]
Better Call Saul goes deeper. [CNN]

Comedian Aziz Ansari called Rupert Murdoch a racist piece of shit. [Mediate] The Entourage squad arrived to the Golden Globes early to shoot their new movie on the red carpet. [Variety] Stephen Colbert's Late Show finally has an air date. [Vulture]

From the Web

More on Vibe

Lil Xan performs onstage during Day 1 of Billboard Hot 100 Festival 2018 at Northwell Health at Jones Beach Theater on August 18, 2018 in Wantagh, New York. (Photo by Theo Wargo/Getty Images for Billboard

Lil Xan Says He's Never Felt "More Happy" About Being A Father

Lil Xan is going to be a father.

The rapper shared the news with his Xanarchy fan base on Sunday (Feb. 17) with an Instagram post featuring himself and girlfriend Annie Smith. "I wanted to wait but I just can’t leave my fans in the dark, it’s official I'm going to be a father," the rapper wrote, captioning a photo of the couple.

The 22-year-old vowed fans would be included in this journey, inviting supporters to the impending gender reveal and promising to keep them updated as the pregnancy progresses forward.

"I love you guys so much and hope you stay along for this crazy journey and I’vee never felt more happy in my life all of you are invited to the gender reveal party I promise!" he said.

In the midst of the baby news, Xan also let it slip his sophomore album, Be Safe and some new projects with YouTube are on the way. Based on the excitement that oozed from his Instagram post, the "Betrayed" rapper is more than excited for this next passage of his life.

Things have been looking up for the rapper since entering rehab late last year. Xan was previously in a relationship with singer Noah Cyrus, the younger sister of Miley Cyrus. After that relationship came to an end, Xan started dating Smith.

He also announced this month that he will be apart of Nicki Minaj's European leg of her world tour. Kicking off Feb. 21, the rapper will be on the road with Nicki and Juice WRLD until March when the European portion comes to an end in Switzerland.

i wanted to wait but i just can’t leave my fans in the dark,it’s official im going to be a father 😭💔 i love you guys so much and hope you stay along for this crazy journey and i’ve never felt more happy in my life💔 all of you are invited to the gender reveal party i promise ! Cant wait to show the world everything i’ve been working on at youtube space and my official sophomore album “BE SAFE” and to my baby my angel my sunshine @anniiesmith i love you with all my heart ❤️ thank you for saving me i love you more then words could describe 💌👼🏼💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔

A post shared by XAN/DIEGO (@xanxiety) on Feb 17, 2019 at 5:26pm PST

Lil Xan has been working to improve his life since we last saw him, the rapper reportedly headed to rehab to help his battle with opioid addiction following the death of Mac Miller.

Continue Reading
Alberto E. Rodriguez

Jussie Smollett's Attorneys Deny Actor Paid $3,500 To Orchestrate Attack

Sources close to the Jussie Smollett investigation have spoken with several media outlets and allege new evidence shows the Empire actor may have orchestrated the attack, and even paid men $3,500 to go through with it.

The two men who are brothers were arrested Wednesday and released Friday (Feb. 15) without charges. Both men are cooperating fully with Chicago police, and authorities found records they purchased a rope at a local hardware store, which was used during the attack.

Smollett's attorneys, Todd S. Pugh, and Victor P. Henderson, quickly denied the claim made by authorities.

"As a victim of a hate crime who has cooperated with the police investigation, Jussie Smollett is angered and devastated by recent reports that the perpetrators are individuals he is familiar with," the statement read. "He has now been further victimized by claims attributed to these alleged perpetrators that Jussie played a role in his own attack. Nothing is further from the truth and anyone claiming otherwise is lying."

On Jan. 29, Smollett was leaving a Subway fast-food restaurant when the actor alleges to have been attacked by two men who beat him, poured bleach on him and tried to hang a rope around his neck. The 35-year-old entertainer, who identifies as gay, said one of the men shouted "This is MAGA country" as well as other racial and homophobic slurs.

Chicago Police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi said one of the men appeared on Empire and have past affiliation with Smollett.

During his interview with Robin Roberts on Good Morning America Thursday (Feb. 14), Smollett expressed frustration about not being believed. Sunday morning (Feb. 17) the hashtag 'JussieSmollettHoax' trended on Twitter. The Internet was split with many offering a digital "I told you so" due to the reports, while others, particularly members of the black LGBTQ community, questioning why many were quick to believe the word of law enforcement.

Us straight men waiting on the LGBT community to apologize after Jussie lied pic.twitter.com/0PDmNX4ykZ

— Flickens McCray (@Mickens__) February 17, 2019

I said earlier I'd eat crow if it was proven wrong (...as in *actually* proven with receipts...not just on the word of one of the most corrupt PD's in existence), but really? Nah.

Defaulting to believing survivors, esp of my own community, is just not a praxis to find fault in.

— 😒 (@angryblkhoemo) February 17, 2019

No idea what actually happened w/ Jussie Smollett. But do know that 4 years ago, Chicago PD spent 13 months justifying Laquan McDonald’s murder before releasing dashcam video showing he was walking away before being shot at 16x by an officer. Why are we just accepting their word?

— Scott Hechinger (@ScottHech) February 17, 2019

Continue Reading
Ethan Miller/Getty Images

Floyd Mayweather Calls Out Artists Boycotting Gucci "Hypocrisy," 50 Cent Responds

After receiving backlash from the Internet and some prominent figures in hip-hop, Floyd Mayweather issued a lengthy statement on Instagram calling out the "hypocrisy" he sees in backing these premature boycotts on luxury brands.

"Why would we (as a people) agree to a temporary boycott of Gucci for merely 3 months if what was done caused so much strife? Why wouldn't we agree to a permanent boycott of Gucci as well as all other merchandise that fall under the Kering ownership, such as YSL, Balenciaga, Alexander McQueen and more," he stated. "I'll tell you why, it's because in this day, celebrities and failing artist pick and choose the hottest trending topic as a means of seeking attention and using fake advocacy as their platform when their 'talent' no longer benefit them."

These people are playing hopscotch. First, they're supposedly boycotting the NFL but as soon as the Super Bowl came around, they were either at the game, watching it on TV or throwing Super Bowl parties. Last week, it was R Kelly, this week it’s Gucci. People boycott for trend but turn around and still shop at H&M and watch the NFL.

A post shared by Floyd Mayweather (@floydmayweather) on Feb 14, 2019 at 3:56pm PST

The 41-year-old didn't stop there, firing shots at 50 Cent and T.I, who have both publicly criticized Mayweather's choice to stick with Gucci. Recently (Feb 14), T.I. released "F*ck Ni**a" where the emcee spit, "Old greedy a** n***a only thinking about his self" over the mid-tempo track. Blasting the "No Mediocre" rapper's bout with infidelity and Fif's family issues with his son, the featherweight hit harder than any punch he could throw.

"These same celebrities are proud deadbeat fathers and unfaithful husbands using their platform to rally the troops against luxury brands, yet have been the prime contributors of influencing the destruction of our people by way of their musical content and imagery," he said.

Shortly after word of Mayweather's response began to circulate, 50 Cent clapped back by poking fun at the boxer's rumored illiteracy, posting a handwritten letter full of grammar issues with Mayweather's signature attached.

😆champ must have heard that TI song he big time mad. LOL #bransoncognac #lecheminduroi #bellator

A post shared by 50 Cent (@50cent) on Feb 15, 2019 at 7:00am PST

Continue Reading

Top Stories