Ty Dolla Sign and YG

One Fan Really, Really Wants An Apology From YG And Ty Dolla $ign

Last month in Melbourne, Australia, rappers YG and Ty Dolla $ign took it upon themselves to do it big after a packed out show. The two went to Eve Nightclub where Nelly Yoa, a regular clubgoer and professional soccer player on the practice team for Melbourne City FC’s Hyundai A-league team, was also in attendance. But the night didn't end too well for him. Nelly claims he was brutally assaulted by Ty Dolla $ign, YG and their security guard. He is now demanding an apology.

According to HipHopDX, Yoa spoke exclusively to them to recount the incident. Instead of foregoing legal actions, he is asking for an apology from the two West Coast artists. “At the moment I'm giving both YG, TY Dolla $ign and their body guard [sic] until next week...the chance to apologies [sic] to me publicly or privately,” he says. “Once that happen [sic] I'll be more than willing to withdraw any legal action against their names. I'm doing this as fan. I'm not trying to sue them. If I took that path in suing both artist, I think they'll be bankrupt. I'm not after money or in need of it, or settlement, this issue can be resolve like adult [sic] and as role model to the community. So I urge them to do the right thing.”

In Yoa's recollection of the event, it seemed like the night was a hell on earth for the Australian. It began with the rappers' dissatisfaction with the people inside of the club's VIP Room. After the disgusted look on their faces, their security guard took it upon himself to kick everyone out. Yoa refused, and that's when the first punch flew, followed shortly after by YG and Ty Dolla $ign. “I [wasn’t] gonna leave,” he says. “I had the right to be in there. All of a sudden he punches me. I sort of lean back a little bit. He tried to punch me again. I grabbed his collar and sort of dragged him down as I was falling from his punch. All of a sudden, Ty Dolla $ign punches me. All of a sudden, I see YG comes and kicks me to the side of the face while I was on the ground.”

Yoa claims he has access to television footage from the club, clearly showing the brutality executed by YG and Ty Dolla $ign. “I was than [sic] escorted to rear exit of the club. As I was being escorted out, I see TY Dolla $ign, YG and their body guard [sic] leaving as-well coming up right behind me,” he adds in an email. “Ty Dolla $ign caught up to me, at this stage I was very angry and upset. So I wasn't sure if he wanted to continue to fight me or not. So straight away, I punched him to the right jaw of his face, and I ran. Thats when they started to chase me down the main road outside of the club.” After returning to the club he was then asked to file a police report. He hopes to receive his apology within a week instead of pressing charges.

Photo Credit: Instagram

From the Web

More on Vibe

Sean Rayford/Getty Image

Man Who Recorded Murder Of Ahmaud Arbery Arrested

A third man has been arrested in the murder of Ahmaud Arbery. William “Roddie” Bryan Jr., who recorded Arbery’s murder, was taken into custody on Thursday (May 21), the Georgia Bureau of Investigation announced.

“The family is extremely relieved,” attorney S. Lee Merritt, who represents Arbery’s mother, said in response to Bryan’s arrest. “We didn’t know if this was going to happen, but we all knew that it should happen.”

Arbery was killed on Feb. 23, while out for a jog. It wasn't until two months later that his story went viral prompting an investigation by the GBI after the local D.A., who was previously over the case, declined to make any arrests.

According to jail records, 50-year-old Bryan was booked into the Glynn County Jail on charges of felony murder and criminal attempt to commit false imprisonment. Bryan made his first court appearance on Friday (May 22) where his lawyer filed a motion for a speedy trial.

Bryan accompanied father and son, Gregory McMichael, 64 and Travis McMichael, 34, as they followed and cornered 25-year-old Arbery before the younger McMichael shot him to death. The McMichaels claim the shooting was self-defense.

Father and son were arrested for aggravated assault and felony murder earlier in the month. All three men are being held at the same jail.

The mugshots of Gregory and Travis McMichael, who have been charged with the murder of Ahmaud Arbery. pic.twitter.com/O0M6vPMs1Q

— Yamiche Alcindor (@Yamiche) May 8, 2020

Merrit noted that Arbery's family hopes the men will be convicted. “Well obviously we want to see the arrests lead to a formal indictment then a vigorous prosecution and conviction. But there are other people we believe were involved. We spoke with the DOJ earlier today about their investigation into the corruption that delayed these arrests in the first place.”

An attorney for the elder McMichael claimed that the pair are victims of a  “narrative driven by an incomplete set of facts.”

“While the death of Ahmaud Arbery is a tragedy, causing deep grief to his family -- a tragedy that at first appears to many to fit into a terrible pattern in American life -- this case does not fit that pattern,” attorney Frank Hogue said. “The full story, to be revealed in time, will tell the truth about this case.”

The murder remains under investigation by GBI in partnership with the District Attorney Joyette Holmes of the Cobb County District Attorney’s Office.

See more on Bryan's arrest in the video below.

Continue Reading
Jon Kopaloff/Getty Images

Quavo Talks Earning His High School Diploma At 29

Quavo officially belongs to the class of 2020. The 29-year-old Migos rapper announced that he graduated from high school on Friday (May 22).

“Finally can say I graduated high school class of 2020,” Quavo captioned an Instagram post of himself sporting a blue cap and gown.

 

View this post on Instagram

 

Finally Can Say I Graduated High School Class Of 2020 We Lit 🔥 Now What College Should I Go To? 🧐 And To Celebrate We Gonna Drop SMASH TONIGHT 🔥🌊 BERKMAR HIGH NAWFSIDE BABY

A post shared by QuavoHuncho (@quavohuncho) on May 21, 2020 at 4:26pm PDT

Now that he's a high school graduate, the Georgia native is considering attending college, as he shared in an interview with Lil Wayne’s Young Money Radio alongside Migos members, Takeoff and Offset. During the talk with Tunechi, Quavo expounded on his decision to get his diploma.

“I was doing stuff for the community and schools… always involved and just me being considered like a dropout you’re not really like an alumni,” he said before explaining that one of his former high school teachers is now a principal and encouraged him to get a diploma. “He hit me up like 'you should go back and get it.' I went back and got it.”

Quavo added that Weezy was, “definitely one of my inspirations for going back to school.”

The rapper, whose birth name is, Quavious Keyate Marshall, attended Lilburn’s Berkmar High School, where he was the starting quarterback for the 2009 season. Quavo dropped out of high school in his senior year.

Peep the Migos’ Young Money interview below.

Continue Reading
Doug Pensinger

Disney World Could Help Revive What’s Left Of NBA Season

The 2020 NBA season could be headed for a revival. The league is in talks with Disney World to potentially restart what's left of the 2019-2020 season this summer, the NBA confirmed on Saturday (May 23).

“The NBA, in conjunction with the National Basketball Players Association, is engaged in exploratory conversations with The Walt Disney Company about restarting the 2019-20 NBA season in late July at Disney’s ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex in Florida as a single site for an NBA campus for games, practices and housing,” NBA Chief Communications Officer Mike Bass said in a statement.

“Our priority continues to be the health and safety of all involved, and we are working with public health experts and government officials on a comprehensive set of guidelines to ensure that appropriate medical protocols and protections are in place.”

The NBA was forced into cancellation amid the COVID-19 outbreak, specifically after Utah Jazz player, Rudy Gobert, contracted coronavirus and exposed several other plays to the disease, including teammate Donavan Mitchell.

Since then, several former and current NBA players have tested positive for COVID-19, the most recent being basketball great Patrick Ewing.

“This virus is serious and should not be taken lightly,” Ewing said upon announcing his health diagnosis over the weekend. “I want to encourage everyone to stay safe and take care of yourselves and your loved ones.”

Continue Reading

Top Stories