Singer Michel’le Details Past Relationship With Dr. Dre On 'The Breakfast Club'

Singer Michel'le details her alleged abusive relationship with Dr. Dre on 'The Breakfast Club'

Dr. Dre’s ex-finacee and 44-year-old singer Michel’le sat down with The Breakfast Club on Friday (Mar. 20) to discuss her reality TV series R&B Divas L.A., as well as her relationship with the hip-hop mogul. Sharing her reason for leaving their six-year relationship, Michel’le depicted their 1990 to 1996 run as a turbulent one.

“We were engaged but we never got married because he wasn’t ready,” she told DJ Envy and Angela Yee. “I told him, ‘When you stop being Dr. Dre and be Andre then [we can get married]. I was serious if I was ever gonna get married.”

SEE ALSO: 50 Cent Opens Up About His Strained Relationships With Dr. Dre And Jimmy Iovine

Noting that she and Dre had been together for five years before having their child, Marcel, Michel’le also offered gory details regarding being abused by West Coast hip-hop pioneer.

“I had five black eyes, I have a cracked rib, I have scars that are just amazing. It was normal. Everybody that knew, it was the norm,” she said. “When he gave me my very first black eye, we laid in the bed and cried. He was crying and I was crying because I was in shock, hurt and in pain. I don’t know why he was crying, but he said ‘I’m really sorry.’ And he said, ‘I’ll never hit you in that eye again, okay?’”

Michel’le also detailed the end of her and Dre’s relationship, admitting that money and sex were part of the reason she stayed with him for six years. The singer also spoke her subsequent relationship with Suge Knight, as well as Dre’s current wife, Nicole Young, whom she believes “came straight for the check.”

Watch Michel’le’s full interview with The Breakfast Club above.

From the Web

More on Vibe

Jerritt Clark

Meek Mill And Future Announce Tour With YG And Megan Thee Stallion

Meek Mill and Future are hitting the road this summer, and they're bringing along some talented guests for the ride.

The pair are reportedly gearing up to co-headline the Legendary Nights Tour featuring YG, DJ Mustard, and Megan Thee Stallion.

The tour will kick off on Aug. 28 at St. Louis' Hollywood Casino Amphitheatre, hitting a total of 24 cities, including Chicago, Washington DC, and Atlanta. The Legendary Nights Tour will conclude on Oct. 5 at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas.

Fans will be able to purchase presale tickets through Citi and Tidal on Tuesday (June 18). The general public can buy tickets on Friday, June 21 at 10 a.m. on LiveNation.com.

Check out the full tour schedule below.

The Legendary Nights Tour:

Wed Aug 28, St. Louis, MO Hollywood Casino, Amphitheatre

Fri Aug 30, Indianapolis, IN, Ruoff Home Mortgage Music Center+

Sat Aug 3, Chicago, IL, Hollywood Casino Amphitheatre

Sun Sep 01, Detroit, MI, DTE Energy Music Theatre+

Tue Sep 03, Cincinnati, OH, Riverbend Music Center

Wed Sep 04, Cleveland, OH, Blossom Music Center

Fri Sep 06, Pittsburgh, PA, KeyBank Pavilion+

POST CONTINUES BELOW

Sun Sep 08, Boston, MA, Xfinity Center

Tue Sep 10, Hartford, CT, XFINITY Theatre

Wed Sep 11, Wantagh, NY, Northwell Health at Jones Beach Theater

Fri Sep 13, Philadelphia, PA, BB&T Pavilion

Sat Sep 14, Saratoga Springs, NY, Saratoga Performing Arts Center

Sun Sep 15, Buffalo, NY, Darien Lake Amphitheater

Tue Sep 17, Washington, DC, Jiffy Lube Live

Thu Sep 19, Raleigh, NC, Coastal Credit Union Music Park at Walnut Creek

Fri Sep 20, Virginia Beach, VA, Veterans United Home Loans Amphitheater*

Sun Sep 22, Atlanta, GA, Cellairis Amphitheatre at Lakewood

Mon Sep 23, Tampa, FL, MIDFLORIDA Credit Union Amphitheatre

Tue Sep 24, West Palm Beach, FL, Coral Sky Amphitheatre

Fri Sep 27, Austin, TX, Austin360 Amphitheater+

Sun Sep 29, Houston, TX, The Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion

Tue Oct 01, Albuquerque, NM, Isleta Amphitheater

Thu Oct 03, Phoenix, AZ, Ak-Chin Pavilion

Sat Oct 05, Las Vegas, NV, Mandalay Bay Events Center+

Continue Reading
Alex Wong

Donald Trump Refuses To Apologize To The Exonerated Five

Despite Ava DuVernay's successful series, When They See Us – which tells the story of the Central Park Five case from the perspective of the now-grown men – Donald Trump still refuses to apologize for his 1989 call to execute the five teenagers.

"You have people on both sides of that," Trump told reporters outside the White House on Tuesday (June 18) when asked if he would apologize to the exonerated men. "They admitted their guilt."

The president also noted Linda Fairstein's part in the case, stating that she and others still believe the men are guilty. "If you look at Linda Fairstein and look at some of the prosecutors," he continued. "They think that the city should never have settled that case. So we’ll leave it at that."

As previously reported, Trump took out an $85,000 ad in New York City newspapers in 1989 calling for the reinstatement of the death penalty in New York following the arrest of five teens in connection to the rape of a white jogger in Central Park.

All five teens were convicted based on coerced confessions and little evidence. They were exonerated in 2002 due to DNA evidence, which proved their innocence, and testimony from the real rapist.

When They See Us renewed attention surrounding the case when it debuted in May 2019. The series touched on Trump's involvement, noting how he incited the community to turn against the five boys.

"The statements that he made and the ads that he took out, he took out two weeks after they were arrested, before their trial, calling for the deaths of the minors,” DuVernay told People of Trump's past actions.

Holy shit -- years after DNA evidence exonerated them, Trump suggests the Central Park 5 are guilty and refuses to apologize for saying they should be executed.

"You have people on both sides of that. They admitted their guilt." pic.twitter.com/Tb8ENrBJ1I

— Aaron Rupar (@atrupar) June 18, 2019

Continue Reading
Michael Loccisano

Killer Mike Says Rappers Deserve Credit For Decriminalization Of Marijuana

As the country continues to work towards the decriminalization of marijuana, Killer Mike says that the hip-hop community should be credited for their part in the movement. During the "Free to State" panel discussion, which was held by The Washington Post on June 17, Killer Mike explained why rappers deserve some of the credit for decriminalizing the drug.

"We know that with national decriminalization of marijuana now, a lot of people are going to get credit for it—a lot of activists, a lot of workers," he stated. "But I can show you a line that leads straight back to Cypress Hill, that leads straight back to Snoop Dogg, that leads straight back to people like [the late R&B/funk guitarist] Rick James."

The Run the Jewels artist also noted that if hip-hop is not properly credited the stigmas and prejudices surrounding marijuana use will continue. "If it's not duly acknowledged publicly—if the media isn't pushing the line of that narrative, if the media isn't giving us that freedom, if the media treats rappers differently than they do country artists—then you're going to see a galvanization of what the prejudices that we already see," he continued.

See Killer Mike full stance on the subject in the video below.

 

Continue Reading

Top Stories