Closing Arguments Held In Zimmerman Trial
SANFORD, FL - JULY 12: Defendant George Zimmerman arrives in the courtroom for closing arguments in his murder trial July 12, 2013 in Sanford, Florida. Judge Debra Nelson has ruled that the jury can also consider a lesser manslaughter charge along with the second-degree murder charge in the shooting death of Trayvon Martin. (Photo by Joe Burbank-Pool/Getty Images)

George Zimmerman Calls Trayvon Martin Shooting Divine Order

Three years after the shooting death of Trayvon Martin, George Zimmerman is professing the death of Trayvon Matin was God's plan and is pointing the blame at a high ranking government official. Find out who the former neighborhood watchman is blaiming.

Since being cleared of violating Trayvon Martin's rights by the Department of Justice, George Zimmerman has spoken out for the first time Monday (March 23) about his experiences post trial.

In a 13 minute interview conducted by his divorce lawyer Howard Iken, the former neighborhood watchman blames President Obama for inflaming racial tensions against him.

Zimmerman alleges Obama's bias was self-evident during his Rose Garden press conference in which he said " 'If I had a son, he would look like Trayvon,'" the 31 year old said.

"For (Obama) to make incendiary comments as he did and direct the Department of Justice to pursue a baseless prosecution, he by far overstretched, overreached, even broke the law in certain aspects," Zimmerman said.

Zimmerman went onto profess his religious beliefs and when asked by Iken if he wished the actual event turned out differently, replied by saying it was God's plan.

"Me as a Christian, I believe God does everything for a purpose and he had his plans, for me to second guess them would be hypocritical and and almost blasphemous."

Zimmerman was found not guilty of manslaughter in July 2013. The death of Trayvon Martin ignited civil unrest across the country, which resulted in marches and many questioning Florida's Stand Your Ground law.

While satisfied with the verdict, Zimmerman said  justice wasn't fully served.

"I believe that the American judicial system failed in the sense that I should not even (have) gone to trial, but I do believe that the jury process succeeded," he said.

Thoughts?

From the Web

More on Vibe

Getty Images

T.I. Mourns The Death Of His Sister, Precious

This week has been a sad one for T.I. and his family. Unfortunately the rapper's older sister, Precious Harris, has died. Family and friends had hoped she would recover after a serious car accident on Feb. 13 that TMZ reports triggered an asthma attack. She had been hospitalized for a week, but she ultimately passed away. She was 66 years old.

Precious would often appear on The Family Hustle, and was extremely close to T.I. "We Love You Dearly Baby Girl," he wrote on Instagram.

 

View this post on Instagram

 

We Love You Dearly Baby Girl.... @preciousharris1913

A post shared by TIP (@troubleman31) on Feb 20, 2019 at 1:53pm PST

 

View this post on Instagram

 

I Love You Sis...❤️ We can’t thank you enough 🙏🏽 #MyBiggestFan

A post shared by TIP (@troubleman31) on Feb 18, 2019 at 11:53am PST

Precious' daughter, Kamaya Chapman, also shared words memorializing her mother on Instagram. "From my best friend on earth to My beautiful angel in heaven, mama girl you know ima miss you," she wrote. "I love you so much. I’m so heartbroken but the way you looked so @ peace this past week has confirmed that you are resting."

 

View this post on Instagram

 

From my bestfriend on earth to My beautiful angel in heaven 👼🏾❤️🦋mama girl you know ima miss you💔.... I love you so much. I’m so heartbroken but the way you looked so @ peace this past week has confirmed that you are resting... no more asthma attacks... damn but baby I am going to miss you 😓

A post shared by Kamaya (@kamayadaplug) on Feb 22, 2019 at 10:45am PST

Aside from Tip and Kamaya, Precious is survived by her other children, Avis Chapman-Reese and Kareem “Plug” Chapman. Condolences to the family.

Continue Reading
Getty Images

What We Know About R. Kelly's Sexual Abuse Charges

R. Kelly was indicted on 10 charges of aggravated criminal sexual abuse on Friday (Feb. 22). During a press conference held late Friday afternoon, prosecutors detailed each of the charges. R. Kelly's case involves four alleged victims, almost all of which were under the age of 17 at the time of sexual contact.

Here is what we know so far.

1. The first victim is identified by the initials HW, who is believed to have had sexual relations with Kelly from May 1998 to 1999. The charge was determined by the fact that during the time of their sexual encounters, HW was under the age of 17 while Kelly is alleged to have been more than five years older.

2. RL is the second victim that has been identified by prosecutors, who is believed to have been sexually involved with R. Kelly from 1998 to 2001. RL was believed to be under the age of 17, while Kelly was at least five years older.

3. The third victim, identified as LC engaged in sexual intercourse on Feb. 2003. The count was determined by semen found on the body for the purpose of "sexual gratification."

4. The fourth and final victim, identified under the initials JP, was involved in sexual incidents with the accused from 2009 to 2010. The charge was determined by JP being under the age of 17 while R. Kelly was believed to more than five years older.

5. If convicted, Kelly faces up to 70 years in prison.

Continue Reading
Getty Images | Kevin Fox

New England Patriots Owner Robert Kraft Reportedly Charged For Soliciting Prostitution In Florida

Owner of the New England Patriots, Robert Kraft, is reportedly being accused of two counts of soliciting prostitution in two separate instances at a Florida day spa, CNN reports.

In a recent press conference, Police Chief Daniel Kerr stated that Kraft’s charges stem from two separate visits he made to the Orchids of Asia Day Spa in Jupiter, Fla. However, a spokesperson for the NFL team denied all the charges against Kraft. "We categorically deny that Mr. Kraft engaged in any illegal activity. Because it is a judicial matter, we will not be commenting further," the organization said.

Local authorities still confirm that the accusation is in conjunction with recent events that have taken place at the establishment, which also accused 20 other people of the same crime. According to Kerr, there is video evidence. The authorities involved in the crackdown revealed they wore body cameras during the operation.

Additionally, the police were involved in constant surveillance of the location. Authorities said they're not planning to release any video footage or documented evidence as of yet.

Kraft has been the owner of the Patriots since 1994. Further details for this story are pending.

Continue Reading

Top Stories