Marion "Suge" Knight Court Appearance

Suge Knight Tells Judge He's Going Blind

Despite facing a murder charge, Suge Knight tells a Los Angeles Superior Court Judge he's going blind and has a blood clot in his lungs.

Suge Knight might be facing life in prison, but the former Death Row Records CEO is more concerned with his failing health.

According to reports, the 49 year old told Los Angeles Superior Court Judge James Brandlin he's suffering from blindness in one eye and a blood clot in his lungs following an August 2014 shooting.

Knight explained to Brandlin he was having difficulty comprehending the court proceedings, and  had about 15 percent vision in one eye. As a result of being shot six times last year at an MTV VMA after party,  Knight said he's also lost 35 pounds.

Along with failing health, Knight is also suffering from what he deems is poor legal counsel. The former rap mogul told the judge he fired his lawyers. Judge Brandlin transferred Knight's case before being taken for medical attention.

Suge Knight pleaded not guilty to murder, attempted murder and hit-and-run charges following the death of a man he allegedly struck with his truck January 29. He remains in jail held without bail.

From the Web

More on Vibe

Paras Griffin

Naturi Naughton On 'Power' Season 6: 'Everybody's Not Going To Live'

Power fans expressed great sadness when the Starz network announced the forthcoming sixth season would be the show's last. With an August 2019 air date, fans can only wait and see who will make it out alive of the treacherous big rich town.

In support of the last hurrah, Naturi Naughton and Joseph Sikora stopped by The Breakfast Club Wednesday (May 15) to talk about the magnitude of the show despite its humble beginnings.

"When we first started, we were eight episodes. We still shoot in Brooklyn and people were like 'Power? Never heard of it. Starz? What network is that?'...Starz has now become a leading cable premium network and we have over 10 million views across all platforms."

Naughton, 35, also said while traveling to Africa she was greeted with fanfare from those who watch the show overseas. "Oh, Mrs. Ghost. Tasha! Tasha! We love you' I have never felt so much love in my experience there,' " Naughton recalled.

When asked which of the actors takes a while to remove themselves from their role, both agreed Omari Hardwick needs a minute to divorce himself from Ghost/James St. Patrick.

"Omari, admittedly, and I think he's talked a lot about that in interviews. Unlike Naturi and I, we're not as method as he is. I do a lot of the homework for Tommy at home and bring that to the set, whereas Omari needs to kind of stay in the realm of the character Ghost," Sikora said.

Watch the entire interview below.

 

Continue Reading
Matthew Salacuse

B2K: Photos From The VIBE Cover Shoot

Continue Reading
Mark Wilson

Man Who Launched Border Wall Go Fund Me Remains Silent About $22 Million Raised

The man who launched a Go Fund Me to assist Donald Trump with his plans for a border wall updated supporters over the weekend on the $22 million donated and said, he's keeping things under wraps for now.

"WALL UPDATE: there’s no update because we are remaining silent for a very good reason. You all will have the best present very soon," Air Force veteran Brian Kolfage wrote on Facebook.

"When I guaranteed we’d build the wall I meant it, and we are working with many congressmen and senators to help us mitigate these issues from the left wing attack groups! We are in the homestretch and it’s on a need to know basis. We have been talking with Fox News and prime time shows to break the news for you, you’re going to see it very soon! And it’s going to be GLORIOUS!"

The Go Fund Me was launched in December during a time of great contention between Trump and Democratic-run Congress. Kolfage said he's working with a Florida non-profit to We Build the Wall, Inc. While the $22 million raised is considered a lot, it's crumbs compared to the billions needed to actually construct the wall.

In January, Kolfage reportedly pledged to repay "every single penny" of the money donated if it fell short of the $1 billion goal. In January, Kolfage told the New York Times construction on the wall would begin in a few weeks. Then while speaking with American Family Radio in March, he said the project would break ground in April. However, The Daily Beast concluded there's no evidence of "that any construction has started.”

Continue Reading

Top Stories