Suge Knight Tells Judge He’s Going Blind

Entertainment

Suge Knight might be facing life in prison, but the former Death Row Records CEO is more concerned with his failing health.

According to reports, the 49 year old told Los Angeles Superior Court Judge James Brandlin he’s suffering from blindness in one eye and a blood clot in his lungs following an August 2014 shooting.

Knight explained to Brandlin he was having difficulty comprehending the court proceedings, and  had about 15 percent vision in one eye. As a result of being shot six times last year at an MTV VMA after party,  Knight said he’s also lost 35 pounds.

Along with failing health, Knight is also suffering from what he deems is poor legal counsel. The former rap mogul told the judge he fired his lawyers. Judge Brandlin transferred Knight’s case before being taken for medical attention.

Suge Knight pleaded not guilty to murder, attempted murder and hit-and-run charges following the death of a man he allegedly struck with his truck January 29. He remains in jail held without bail.