Graphic Video Footage Captures Eric Harris’ Final Moments After Tulsa Police Shooting

Tulsa man, Eric Harris, is shot by police and subsequently refused medical help in disturbing new footage.

Video of yet another police shooting of an unarmed black man sent the Internet into an uproar yesterday (Apr. 11). Eric Harris, a Tulsa, OK man, was fatally shot on Apr. 2 by 73-year-old Reserve Deputy Robert Bates during an arrest. Bates claims the shooting was an accident, and that he intended to taser Harris, according to the New York Daily News.

In the minute-long clip, the pursuit of Harris is captured on an officer's bodycam, as the suspect – who was reportedly in his 40’s – attempted to flee from police on foot. Taken to the ground by an officer, Bates can be heard saying “Taser,” before a gunshot is released. Bates is then heard saying “I shot him, I’m sorry.”

SEE ALSO: South Carolina Officer Charged With Murder In Shooting Death of Black Man

The more disturbing portion of the video, however, comes after Harris suffers the gunshot wound. Screaming in apparent pain, Harris can be heard telling the officers “He shot me! He shot me, man. Oh, my god. I’m losing my breath,” to which he did not receive any aid.

“Fuck your breath. Shut the fuck up,” an officer can be heard replying to Harris’ pleas as he is held down by the neck. He was pronounced dead an hour later.

According to the Tulsa County Sheriff's Office, Harris was being taken into custody for selling a 9mm semiautomatic pistol and ammunition to undercover cops. Police on the scene claim they were unaware that Harris had been shot, though it is audibly declared multiple times in the released footage. Tulsa Police Sgt. Jim Clark remarked that Harris was “absolutely a threat when going down.”

Tulsa Sheriff’s Capt. Billy McKelvey said that police “would not investigate the death unless the sheriff’s office asked them to, and they have not asked us to.”

Watch the footage of Eric Harris’ tragic encounter in the video above. See reactions to the video below:

From the Web

More on Vibe

John Moore

Sandy Hook Elementary Evacuates After Bomb Threat On 6th Anniversary Of Mass Shooting

Sandy Hook Elementary School was reportedly forced to evacuate its students and administration on Friday (Dec. 14), after receiving a bomb threat, CNN reports. The incident occurred on the sixth anniversary of the school's tragic mass shooting.

Newtown, Connecticut Police Lt. Aaron Bahamonde stated that the threat didn't appear to be substantial, but they decided to  evacuate the facility as an extra precaution.

Bomb squads reportedly swept the school and surrounding area for explosive devices but did not discover anything on the property. They later concluded that there was no immediate threat. The school administration dismissed students and faculty for the rest of the day however, considering the previous incident.

As previously noted, Sandy Hook endured a horrific mass shooting on Dec. 14, 2012, in which 20-year-old Adam Lanza shot and killed 20 children between six and seven years old, as well as six adult, staff members.

Earlier this month, thousands of documents were released about Lanza that revealed his mental state and social status in the years leading up to the shooting.

The shooting is not believed to be in connection to the recent string of bomb scares around the nation that targeted major politicians including the former first families Barack and Michelle Obama and Bill and Hillary Clinton.

Continue Reading
Scott Olson

North Carolina Prosecutors Say Teen Would Still Be Alive If Cops Pursued Evidence From 2016

North Carolina prosecutors have placed blame on local law enforcement stating had police pursued evidence, 13-year-old Hania Aguilar would still be alive.

Robeson County District Attorney Luther Johnson Britt spoke with reporters Wednesday (Dec. 12) and said authorities were able to link suspect Michael Ray McLellan to an unrelated rape case for about a year but failed to take action.

"This hurts," Britt said. "This is like taking a punch to the gut and not being prepared to get it."

McLellan has been charged with first-degree murder and a host of other charges related to the kidnapping, rape, and murder of the teen. He's being held without bail. Last month, Hania was kidnapped from her driveway by the 34-year-old and forced into a relative's vehicle.

The eighth grader's body was found last week in water and the SUV was found less than 10 miles away from her body. Britt told CNN with the help of an interpreter he spoke to the teen's mother and explained their daughter wouldn't be coming home.

"It was a difficult conversation to have with her," he added. "Maybe the most difficult conversation I've ever had with a victim's family -- to tell them that had this information been followed up on -- her daughter might be alive."

Sheriff Burnis Wilkins said the department would launch an internal investigation.

READ MORE: Time's Up Legal's Defense Fund Is Throwing A Star-Studded ebay Auction

Continue Reading
Drew Angerer

Incoming Attorney General Letitia James Planning Investigation Of Donald Trump And Co.

Incoming New York Attorney General Letitia James is planning a sweeping investigation of Donald Trump, his family and anyone associated with the president.

While speaking with NBC News, James said she will use every corner of the law to look at any illegal activity committed.

“We will use every area of the law to investigate President Trump and his business transactions and that of his family as well," James said.

Specifically, James will investigate any illegal activity associated with the president's New York real-estate holdings, including the 2016 meeting with a Russian official at Trump Tower and any government subsidies he's received.

"We want to investigate anyone in his orbit who has, in fact, violated the law,” the Democratic attorney general said.

After James announced her forthcoming investigation, Trump's former attorney Michael Cohen will face the music for lying to Congress and violating campaign laws. Cohen faces four years in prison.

READ MORE: Donald Trump "I'm The Least Racist Person...That I Can Tell You"

Continue Reading

Top Stories