A Rep for Diddy Says He Was Acting In Self-Defense During UCLA Fight

News

After Sean “Diddy” Combs was arrested on Monday (Jun 22) for allegedly assaulting his son Justin’s UCLA football coach with a kettlebell, the music mogul has released a statement via his rep.

“The various accounts of the events and charges that are being reported are wholly inaccurate,” his rep told E! News. “What we can say now is that any actions taken by Mr. Combs were solely defensive in nature to protect himself and his son. We are confident that once the true facts are revealed, the case will be dismissed.”

SEE ALSO: 50 Cent’s Response To Diddy’s UCLA Arrest Was Jokes, Jokes And More Jokes

Yet at least for now, Diddy is getting charged with one count of making terrorist threats, three counts of assault with a deadly weapon and one count of battery. Still, Mr. Combs claims he was acting in self-defense. The details of the altercation are still unclear, but this is what TMZ  had previously reported of the incident:

“Diddy insists the drama began during a workout session yesterday because strength and conditioning coach Sal Alosi was “riding Justin badly” and told him not to come back until the end of the summer. Diddy went to the campus today to speak with Alosi — believing he has an ‘issue’ with Justin — but things didn’t go well when he arrived to campus.”

Further details for this story are still pending.

Photo Credit: Instagram