almightychopsquad almightychopsquad

Against All Odds, Chief Keef Is Determined To Hold His Benefit Concert

It seems like every time Keith Cozart tries to do something, it seems to constantly blow up in his face. After two cancellations from the police and city governments, one in Chicago and the other in Indiana, Chief Keef is STILL planning on having the benefit concert for raise money for charity.

It seems like every time Keith Cozart tries to do something, it constantly blows up in his face. After two cancellations from the police and city governments, one in Chicago, Ill. and the other in Hammond, Ind., Chief Keef still plans to have a benefit concert to raise money for charity later this fall.

The “Faneto” artist and Alki David, a billionaire backer and creator of FilmOn.com, plan to host the event in September billed as the "Stop The Killing Now Benefit Concert," which will be held not only in the Chi, but simultaneously in New York and Los Angeles. The concert aims to raise money for Chi-town charities and organizations working to put an end to the violence in the city and the families of his affiliate Capo, and a 13-month-old who was killed in a hit and run.

READ: Chief Keef Wants To Run For Mayor Of Chicago

The concert was met with a lot of resistance from Chicago mayor, Rahm Emmanuel who considers Keef to be “an unacceptable role model." Emmanuel also said the concert “posed a significant public safety risk.” After the city shut it down, Keef later announced it to be at a “secret location,” which was later revealed to be Hammond, Ind. After only four minutes into the show, the city's mayor, Thomas M. McDermott Jr., had the event shut down by law enforcement.

In an article from Billboard, McDermott stated, “I don’t even know Chief Keef, but in my opinion, he glamorizes gang-lifestyle, anti-cop, anti-women, pro drug-use. This was a public venue and surrounded by a residential neighborhood. We don’t want to invite the possibility of some of the gangs that are terrorizing Chicago right now to come to Northwest Indiana.”

READ: Chief Keef's Benefit Concert Is Still On... But It's A Secret

The three way concert will still stream from FilmOn.com and will be held at the Chicago Theater in the Windy City. However there are new complications arising. Billboard reports that New York's Madison Square Garden will now be severing its ties with the event altogether. This also adds the possibility that the concert in Chicago may be cancelled as an added consequence since MSG owns the Chicago Theater.

David issued a statement via Billboard stating, "Andrew Lusgarten and his team from Madison Sq Gardens were on the phone with us earlier this week and they couldn't be more excited about getting into the Hologram USA business. I mentioned Keef to them and his controversial image but they didn't seem to mind," he says. "We had a verbal agreement to build the partnership and 'agreed to agree on the exact terms' but basically agreed to move forward with a mid September show as the first in a series Hologram USA specials.”

David added, "Apparently since doing their research The Madison Square Gardens people have bought into Rahm Emanuel's disturbing disregard for the 1st amendment rights. Personally I feel disappointed and but not surprised. Regardless the show will go on."

From the Web

More on Vibe

Kevin Winter

Donnie McClurkin Sent To Hospital Following Car Accident

Gospel legend Donnie McClurkin couldn't be more grateful after surviving a car accident this past Wednesday (Dec. 12).

The "We Fall Down" singer was driving on the road in the earlier part of the day when he passed out and began weaving into traffic. He reportedly struck the middle concrete island.

Following the incident, he posted a selfie of him on the hospital bed in scrubs on Facebook. Along with the photo, he explained that he woke up from the accident with stitches on his left thumb, on top of having a sprained wrist, and hurt knee. His car was also completely totaled.

"I AM ALIVE!!!! Somewhat mangled, stitches on left thumb, sprained wrist, hurt knee, but I’m still here! God and two angels saved my life!," the Grammy-winning artist wrote.

He also mentioned that two "angels" pulled him out the car to safety and medical attention. "I owe them...I am still here by the grace of God! Thank you, Lord...thank you!" he added.

On Friday (Dec. 14), McClurkin posted to his Facebook page again, sharing several photos of his destroyed car. "This is the totaled car that two angels rescued me from ....after passing out while driving I don’t remember most of what happened a day and a half ago...but God," he wrote. "I overrode doctors and sisters advice and flew to KENYA today for ministry Saturday @ TWO RIVERS. and home on this Sunday to celebrate life."

In happier news, McClurkin also took time to plug in his new Christmas single titled "My Favorite Things." Check out McClurkin's posts on social media and stream his new song below.

READ MORE: Big K.R.I.T. Drops Surprise Gospel-Influenced 'Thrice X' EP

Continue Reading
Douglas Grundy

Nicki Minaj's Boyfriend Kenneth Petty Received 18 Violations During Prison Stint

Nicki Minaj's new boyfriend, Kenneth Petty has a very troubled past.

On Friday (Dec. 14), TMZ revealed court documents disclosing Petty's history of disciplinary actions while he was an inmate in New York for manslaughter from 2006 to 2013.

When he entered the correctional facility, he was reportedly written up for creating a disturbance. Later during his stint, he was hit with a slew of disciplinary actions following a series of violent actions that included fighting, making terroristic threats, and "disobeying a direct order."

In 2009, prison faculty placed him in solitary confinement for four months as part of being reprimanded for nine different violations. Petty lost privileges that included the usage of the inmate telephone service, recreational activity, and the prison canteen.

In addition to his prison violations, Petty is a convicted sex offender. At the age of 16, he was tried as an adult served a four-year sentence for attempted rape of a minor.

Petty, who hails from the same borough as Nicki, Queens, knew the platinum-selling rap star since she was a teenager. They dated for a short period years prior to reuniting.

Minaj posted various photos of her and Petty going on a vacation getaway earlier this month. Sources close to Minaj told the celebrity gossip website that the 36-year-old hip-hop artist is  "happier than she's been in years" with Petty.

 

View this post on Instagram

 

A post shared by Barbie® (@nickiminaj) on Dec 10, 2018 at 12:43pm PST

READ MORE: Nicki Minaj Plans To Sue 'Daily Mail' TV Host Jesse Palmer

Continue Reading

H.E.R. Brings All-Star Medley To Tiny Desk Set

Grammy-nominated singer H.E.R. appeared on NPR's "Tiny Desk" set on Dec. 12, to deliver a 4-piece-medley from her last four projects.

Tucked neatly behind her dark sunglasses, the songstress began her set strapped to a mustard yellow guitar with a host of back-up musicians accompanying the 21-year-old on her first solo journey with "Tiny Desk." She previously appeared on the performance series in June 2018 alongside collaborator Daniel Caesar to bring their single "Best Part" to life.

The singer began with "Going (Interlude)," a low-tempo song ushering a heavy-hearted feel into the 18-minute-performance. Keeping with the melancholy vibes planted by the first single, Gabriella Wilson – best known by her three-letter-moniker –  delivered a stunning rendition of "Feel A Way." With two-final transitions, the singer-songwriter concluded her act with "Focus," a throw back from the 2017 EP that gained her worldwide recognition, H.E.R. Volume 1.

Switching from strings to keys, Wilson sat peacefully before a keyboard playing the melody she crafted for the crowd favorite. Chaperoning the performance to a close, Wilson and her background singers played a vocal game of tag as the band jazzed up the slow beats until the set officially wrapped.

Watch as H.E.R. rocks the "Tiny Desk" set in the video above.

Continue Reading

Top Stories