Sandra Bland Details New Video
Sandra Bland new footage and details
Facebook

New Video And Details Surface on Sandra Bland's Death

A new video of police discovering Sandra Bland's death has surfaced, as well as other chilling details of the tragic events. 

New details have recently surfaced in the death of Sandra Bland. The 28 year-old Chicago native was found dead in a Texas jail cell last week. Authorities claim Bland’s death was a suicide, yet family members believe a homicide is responsible for her passing.

Bland was arrested on July 10, during a traffic jam stop for not signaling a lane change. According to The New York Times, things escalated when she refused to put out a cigarette, which led to her arrest. Then, three days later, she was found dead. An officer offered her breakfast at 6:30am, and by 9am, she was found deceased.

READ: #SandraBland: Video Surfaces of Chicago Woman Who Died In Texas Jail, Hints Police Brutality 

“A Waller County sheriff’s official described a timeline for the jail cell of the woman, Sandra Bland, that started early in the morning of July 13, when she refused a breakfast tray around 6:30 a.m., until a jailer found her hanging shortly after 9 a.m,” The Times reports. “For about 90 minutes during that period, there was no movement by jail officials in the hallway leading to her cell, according to a video that the authorities released from a camera inside the jail.”

Capt. Brian Cantrell of the Waller County Sheriff’s Office said that Ms. Bland replied “I’m fine” when a jailer was conducting rounds shortly after 7 a.m. and later inquired about how to make a phone call. But shortly after 9 a.m., a female jailer saw Ms. Bland hanging in her cell and summoned help. Other officers and emergency medical personnel tried unsuccessfully to administer CPR ,” The Times continued.

READ: #IfIDieInPoliceCustody Hashtag Becomes A Tragic Twitter Trend After Sandra Bland's Death 

Allegedly, officials say Bland committed suicide by hanging herself with a plastic bag. A claim, her family refuses to believe. Yet authorities have also released a new video on Monday (July 20), which showcases officers discovering Bland’s body. Still, the evidence is not enough because there is no footage of Bland’s cell at all.

Walker County district attorney Elton Mathis, told The Times that her family members “make valid points,” because Bland apparently had “a lot of things going on in her life for good. ” Like her new job at Texas Prairie A&M University.

Reportedly, the FBI is heavily investigating the hard drive of the surveillance video to make sure it was not manipulated. Further details for this story are still pending.

Watch the full video below.

From the Web

More on Vibe

John Moore

Sandy Hook Elementary Evacuates After Bomb Threat On 6th Anniversary Of Mass Shooting

Sandy Hook Elementary School was reportedly forced to evacuate its students and administration on Friday (Dec. 14), after receiving a bomb threat, CNN reports. The incident occurred on the sixth anniversary of the school's tragic mass shooting.

Newtown, Connecticut Police Lt. Aaron Bahamonde stated that the threat didn't appear to be substantial, but they decided to  evacuate the facility as an extra precaution.

Bomb squads reportedly swept the school and surrounding area for explosive devices but did not discover anything on the property. They later concluded that there was no immediate threat. The school administration dismissed students and faculty for the rest of the day however, considering the previous incident.

As previously noted, Sandy Hook endured a horrific mass shooting on Dec. 14, 2012, in which 20-year-old Adam Lanza shot and killed 20 children between six and seven years old, as well as six adult, staff members.

Earlier this month, thousands of documents were released about Lanza that revealed his mental state and social status in the years leading up to the shooting.

The shooting is not believed to be in connection to the recent string of bomb scares around the nation that targeted major politicians including the former first families Barack and Michelle Obama and Bill and Hillary Clinton.

Continue Reading
Scott Olson

North Carolina Prosecutors Say Teen Would Still Be Alive If Cops Pursued Evidence From 2016

North Carolina prosecutors have placed blame on local law enforcement stating had police pursued evidence, 13-year-old Hania Aguilar would still be alive.

Robeson County District Attorney Luther Johnson Britt spoke with reporters Wednesday (Dec. 12) and said authorities were able to link suspect Michael Ray McLellan to an unrelated rape case for about a year but failed to take action.

"This hurts," Britt said. "This is like taking a punch to the gut and not being prepared to get it."

McLellan has been charged with first-degree murder and a host of other charges related to the kidnapping, rape, and murder of the teen. He's being held without bail. Last month, Hania was kidnapped from her driveway by the 34-year-old and forced into a relative's vehicle.

The eighth grader's body was found last week in water and the SUV was found less than 10 miles away from her body. Britt told CNN with the help of an interpreter he spoke to the teen's mother and explained their daughter wouldn't be coming home.

"It was a difficult conversation to have with her," he added. "Maybe the most difficult conversation I've ever had with a victim's family -- to tell them that had this information been followed up on -- her daughter might be alive."

Sheriff Burnis Wilkins said the department would launch an internal investigation.

READ MORE: Time's Up Legal's Defense Fund Is Throwing A Star-Studded ebay Auction

Continue Reading
Drew Angerer

Incoming Attorney General Letitia James Planning Investigation Of Donald Trump And Co.

Incoming New York Attorney General Letitia James is planning a sweeping investigation of Donald Trump, his family and anyone associated with the president.

While speaking with NBC News, James said she will use every corner of the law to look at any illegal activity committed.

“We will use every area of the law to investigate President Trump and his business transactions and that of his family as well," James said.

Specifically, James will investigate any illegal activity associated with the president's New York real-estate holdings, including the 2016 meeting with a Russian official at Trump Tower and any government subsidies he's received.

"We want to investigate anyone in his orbit who has, in fact, violated the law,” the Democratic attorney general said.

After James announced her forthcoming investigation, Trump's former attorney Michael Cohen will face the music for lying to Congress and violating campaign laws. Cohen faces four years in prison.

READ MORE: Donald Trump "I'm The Least Racist Person...That I Can Tell You"

Continue Reading

Top Stories