Dr. Dre Completely Scraps "Detox" Album, Reveals Date For "Straight Outta Compton" Inspired Project
Dr. Dre just revealed some major news that's good and bad.
During "The Pharmacy" radio show on Beats 1 Saturday evening (Aug. 1), the Cali native said his long-awaited album, Detox, is no more. "I didn't like it," Dre admitted, stating that he didn't want to disappoint the fans with subpar music. "I don't think I did a good enough job," he added.
The good news though is the confirmation of a new project inspired by the F. Gary Gray-directed movie Straight Outta Compton. The famed rapper/producer said after seeing the film's process he was moved to put together Compton: A Soundtrack By Dr. Dre, which features Kendrick Lamar, Eminem, BJ the Chicago Kid, Snoop Dogg, Ice Cube, Marsha Ambrosius and more.
The record arrives Aug. 7 ahead of the reel's theatrical debut a week later. Check out the tracklist below and pre-order the record on iTunes.
1) “Intro” (Dr. Dre)
2) “Talk About It” Feat. King Mez & Justus
3) “Genocide” Feat. Kendrick Lamar, Marsha Ambrosius & Candice Pillay
4) “It’s All On Me” Feat. Justus & BJ the Chicago Kid
5) “All In a Day’s Work” Feat. Anderson Paak & Marsha Ambrosius
6) “Darkside/Gone” Feat. King Mez, Marsha Ambrosius & Kendrick Lamar
7) “Loose Cannons” Feat. Xzibit & COLD 187um
8) “Issues” Feat. Ice Cube & Anderson Paak
9) “Deep Water” Feat. Kendrick Lamar & Justus
10) “One Shot One Kill” Feat. Snoop Dogg
11) “Just Another Day” Feat. Asia Bryant
12) “For the Love of Money” Feat. Jill Scott & Jon Connor
13) “Satisfiction” Feat. Snoop Dogg, Marsha Ambrosius & King Mez
14) “Animals” Feat. Anderson Paak
15) “Medicine Man” Feat. Eminem, Candice Pillay & Anderson Paak
16) “Talking To My Diary” (Dr. Dre)