Stromae Taps Janelle Monae & Jidenna For His North American Tour
Pop's freshest face will be the first French-speaking artist to grace the world's most famous arena.
Two of Wondaland Records most popular luminaries, Janelle Monae and Jidenna, will join the stage with the emerging talents of the international multi-genre notable Stromae (hear pronunciation here).
For one night only, the Electric Lady will assist Stromae as a special guest during his Madison Square Garden debut. He will also be noted as the arena's first French-speaking artist to adorn the stage for the October 1 appearance. But before fans witness the arena initiation, Jidenna will fittingly unite with the eccentric Brussels-bred icon as he rounds North American territory for the his live tour. Kicking off on September 14 in A-Town at the Buckhead Theater, the concerts will hit pit stops in the nation's biggest metropolises such as D.C, Chicago and Detroit as it wraps up in Montreal right before the Madison Square Garden appearance.
Stromae's unique mesh of hip-hop, pop and electric sound has nabbed attention from A-listers such as Madonna, Kanye West and Diplo since the release of his sophomore project, Racine Carée. The album's success saw over 3.5 million sales and hit certified platinum 12 times by the Belgium Entertainment Association. The Universal Records signee also explores heavy topics on the LP such as AIDS and discrimination. This fall, fans will be able to experience the greatness live for themselves during his first official North American tour.
Peep the tour dates and location below, and grab your ticket here.
- 09/12 - James L Knight Center - Miami, FL (no appearances by Jidenna)
- 09/16 - Echostage - Washington, DC
- 09/18 - House of Blue - Boston, MA
- 09/21 - Riviera Theatre - Chicago, IL09/22 - Myth - Minneapolis, MN
- 09/25 - Royal Oak Music Theatre - Detroit, MI
- 09/26 - Echo Beach - Toronto, ON
- 09/28 - Centre Bell - Montreal, QC
- 09/29 - Centre Bell - Montreal, QC
- 10/01 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY