The Game Reportedly Receives Order From Judge To Stand Trial For Two Separate Charges
It looks like a few incidents that happened in The Game's past have returned in a court of law.
It looks like a few incidents that happened in The Game's past have returned in a court of law. According to Rap-Up, the Compton native was reportedly ordered by a judge to stand trial for two separate charges that happened earlier this year.
The charges stem from one count of criminal threats and misdemeanor of assault and battery following the reported assault of an off-duty police officer during a basketball game. The officer, Onyebuchi Awaji, said he suffered brain damage after an alleged punch thrown by The Game.
After that occurrence in March, the 36-year-old artist later faced charges of second-degree robbery and a misdemeanor of criminal threats after a run-in with a man named Justin Willard in April. He told authorities that he was ordered to serve The Game legal papers, and when he approached the "100" rapper with a camera, he reportedly took the man's device and threatened to get physical with Willard if he returned to the premise.
The Game has yet to release a statement on the matter, but it has been reported that he's awaiting arraignment on Dec. 21. He recently released his album The Documentary 2, which arrived to rave reviews across the board and debuted at No. 2 on the US Billboard 200 chart.