Chris Brown Vegas Assault Allegation Statement
Chris Brown Vegas Assault Allegation Statement
Getty Images

Chris Brown Reps Release Statement On Vegas Assault Allegations, Cite Accuser’s “Pattern Of Behavior”

Reps for Chris Brown release an official statement on the Vegas assault allegation against the singer.

Reps for Chris Brown have provided VIBE with a full statement in regards to an assault allegation lodged against the singer.

On Saturday, TMZ reported that a woman named Liziane Gutierrez told police that she was punched in the face by Brown. According to her story, she was attending a private party in Brown’s suite at the Palms Hotel in Las Vegas, when she was spotted for getting her cellphone past security. She claims upon her capturing a picture of Brown, “he went off, yelling at her and punching her once in her right eye.” The site reports that she informed the police of the alleged incident hours later, and was not hospitalized for any injuries.

Gutierrez was also involved in an incident with Jason Derulo back in August, also reported by TMZ. She was captured on camera after being rejected by Derulo’s entourage following his appearance at The Argyle in Hollywood. Brown’s reps cited the previous event, marking Gutierrez’s accusations against their client as “a pattern of behavior.”

Read the full statement on the assault allegations against Chris Brown below:

Making false accusations seems to be a pattern of behavior for Ms. Gutierrez. Whatever her motives, her statements are unequivocally untrue.

Ms Gutierrez was escorted out of the private after party at the Palms Casino Resort for being disruptive and out of control. Once she was in the hallway, while waiting for Chris Brown's security to bring out her phone, she had a total meltdown-throwing her purse to the ground and claiming that she "could buy everyone in the hotel"-as witnessed by numerous people waiting to get into the party. The Palms Casino Resort security also saw her wild behavior via hotel security cameras and immediately came up to the hallway to escort her out of the hotel.

Her claim that she had her phone in her possession inside the after party and was able to take a photo causing an altercation with Chris Brown is a complete fabrication. We aren’t sure what mood altering substances Ms. Gutierrez was on but her statements are completely false and not based in reality. This seems like a clear case of retaliation for her bruised ego.

From the Web

More on Vibe

Joe Scarnic/Getty Images

Cardi B Turns Down Plea Deal In Strip Club Assault Case

Cardi B will be heading to trial after rejecting a plea deal in her assault case. The 26-year-old rapper, who is accused of ordering an attack on two bartenders at a strip club last year, made a brief appearance in Queens Criminal Court Friday (April 18).

The Grammy winner faces misdemeanor assault and reckless endangerment charges. During Friday’s hearing, prosecutors reportedly offered Cardi a deal to plead guilty to third-degree misdemeanor assault, with a conditional discharge and no jail time. The case would have eventually been dismissed, provided that she abided by the terms of the plea agreement.

Sisters Jade and Baddie Gi accuse Cardi of being involved in an attack against them at a New York strip club last August. The women claim Cardi accused Jade of sleeping with her husband, Offset.

"Cardi B ordered and committed violent assaults against my clients and is being called to justice for her crimes,” a lawyer for the women said last year. “Apparently, she thinks her celebrity status puts her above the law, since she has bragged to multiple people and on social media that she orchestrated these vicious attacks. But reality is setting in, as justice does not care whether her name is Cardi B or Carly B, and she will now answer for her crimes."

Cardi surrendered to NYPD last October, for her alleged role in the brawl. Her trial date is scheduled for May 31.

Continue Reading
Beyonce Knowles performs onstage during 2018 Coachella Valley Music And Arts Festival Weekend 1 at the Empire Polo Field on April 14, 2018 in Indio, California. (Photo by Kevin Winter/Getty Images for Coachella)
Getty Images

Beyoncé Makes $60 Million In Netflix Three-Project Deal

Beyoncé's Netflix deal proves to be another successful business move by the entertainer. The multihyphenate reportedly earned a hefty $60 million from the streaming site for three projects.

Variety reports Beyoncé's deal included the release of Homecoming a documentary and visual treasure that features a breakdown of her legendary 2018 performance at Coachella. Each project appears to be worth $20 million each with the next two projects carefully under wraps.

It makes the current debate about her earnings for her Coachella performance almost laughable. On Thursday (April 18) it was also reported by the publication that Mrs. Knowles-Carter earned a mere $4 million for her set–a stark difference from Ariana Grande's reported $8 million paycheck. While other reports claim the two were paid equally, Bey's choice to release the documentary in addition to a live album reminds us all that the singer is always ten steps ahead.

Beyonce’s nor Netflix have confirmed the numbers on the deal, but the streaming site is known for paying entertainers shiny coins for their projects.

Dave Chappelle was famously paid $60 million for his stand-up projects The Age of Spin: Dave Chappelle Live at the Hollywood Palladium, Deep in the Heart of Texas: Dave Chappelle Live at Austin City Limits and Dave Chappelle: Equanimity. Meanwhile, Chris Rock was paid $40 million for his two-stand up specials. The first being the 2018 release of Tambourine and a second yet to be released.

Continue Reading
ZINYANGE AUNTONY/AFP/Getty Images)

Over 305,000 Children Are Without Schools In Mozambique Due To Cyclone Idai's Aftermath

After the devastating effects that Cyclone Idai has had in Mozambique over the past month, approximately 305,000 children are being left without attending school.

UNICEF broke down the importance of education amid the cyclone in a recent press release. The humanitarian organization reports that over 3,400 classrooms have been damaged in the surrounding regions where the natural disaster took place with an additional 2, 713 damaged ones in the Sofala area.

Educators in the community are also suffering from the absence of schooling, but UNICEF is determined to help out the cause in any way they can.

“UNICEF and its partners are working to help children return to school as quickly as possible,” reads the statement. “This includes providing educational supplies and early childhood development (ECD) kits, establishing temporary learning centers, distributing school tents, making repairs to school water and sanitation facilities, cleaning and disinfecting schools, and training teachers on psychosocial support for children.”

The organization has launched an appeal of $122 million dollars from the U.S. to help support the children and their families who are affected by Idai in Mozambique, Zimbabwe and Malawi.

According to CNN, 300 to 400 were washed on a road out of Beira, a city in Mozambique. And at press time on March 25, Mozambican President Filipe Nyusi said that the country may have over 1,000 people dead after the cyclone. The commissioner for Mozambique in England, Filipe Chidumo said that the country needs both domestic and international help to overcome this tragedy: "a sustained effort on part of the Mozambican government as well as the international community," he said.

Continue Reading

Top Stories