cam-newton-defends-post-game-walk-out
Getty Images

Cam Newton On His Post Game Walk Out: "I'm Human"

"I'm human. I never once said that I was perfect. I never proclaimed that I was perfect."

After Cam Newton and The Carolina Panther's loss against the Denver Broncos during Sunday's Super Bowl 50 matchup, Newton has been at the center of controversy for what many think was his poor post-game behavior.

Only answering a handful of questions with short answers, Newton then left the news conference, which caused many to label the newly crowned  MVP player with a bad sportsmanship title. The 26 year old quarterback Tuesday (February 9) reminded reporters he's admitted to being a sore loser in the past, and is okay with the notion his actions may have offended a few.

Newton also admitted he didn't want to talk to media at the time and doesn't want to speak to media now but fully defends his actions after the game.

"I had a lot of time to go back and play everything back. I'm human. I never once said that I was perfect. I never proclaimed that I was perfect, but at the end of the day, people pick and do things of that sort.''

Cam remained steadfast in his position throughout, going as far as to challenge critics about his behavior.

"The truth of the matter is, who are you to say your way is right?'' he said. "That's what I don't understand. We've got all these people condemning, and saying he shouldn't have done this, that and the third. What makes your way right?''

From the Web

More on Vibe

Rich Fury/Getty Images

Los Angeles Honors May 21 As John Singleton Day

To commemorate a pioneer that helped to amplify different narratives out of the California city, Los Angeles named May 21 as John Singleton Day, EBONY reports. In a statement published by the website, the city's Council President Herb J. Wesson Jr. praised the late Singleton's career and cinematic vision.

"In a time and in an industry where all the odds were stacked against him, John overcame and became the best at his craft," Wesson stated. "And more than maybe anyone, he opened people's eyes to a reality and an experience of South Los Angeles that had been overlooked by society. It's far sooner than we should have to, but there is so much to celebrate."

In mid-April, Singleton began to experience bouts of pain in his legs which led to a stroke. The medical condition caused Singleton to fall into a coma and remain on life support until his family made the decision to take him off. Singleton passed away at age 51.

Collaborators and fellow film directors expressed their memories of Singleton, including the famed Spike Lee. The She's Gotta Have It director wrote his tribute on Instagram, recalling a certain moment in time that sums up Singleton's impact.

"We met while he was a film student at USC. Over many years people have told me 'I’m going to be a filmmaker,' when John said that to me the first time we met, I believed him right away," Lee wrote. "It was no surprise. With his passion, his heart, the way he talked about his love for cinema and black folks I could see John would make it happen, and he did. From day one, we have remained close over the decades, cheering each other on in this industry that is not set up for us to win. John Singleton’s films will live on forever."

 

View this post on Instagram

 

I Will Forever Miss My Brother John Singleton. We Met While He Was A Film Student At USC. Over Many Years People Have Told Me “I’m Going To Be A Filmmaker”, When John Said That To Me The 1st Time We Met, I Believed Him Right Away. It Was No Surprise. With His Passion, His Heart, The Way He Talked About His Love For Cinema And Black Folks I Could See John Would Make It Happen, And He Did. From Day One, We Have Remained Close Over The Decades, Cheering Each Other On In This Industry That Is Not Set Up For Us To Win. John Singleton’s Films Will Live On Forever. Blessings And Prayers For His Family. May John Rest In Power. Amen.

A post shared by Spike Lee (@officialspikelee) on Apr 29, 2019 at 12:50pm PDT

Continue Reading
In this handout photo provided by One Voice: Somos Live!, Romeo Santos performs onstage at One Voice: Somos Live! A Concert For Disaster Relief at Marlins Park on October 14, 2017 in Miami, Florida.
Photo by Rick Diamond/One Voice: Somos Live!/Getty Images

Romeo Santos Makes History As The First Latino Performer To Headline MetLife Concert

Romeo Santos is making history and his fans have the most to gain from it.

On September 21, Santos will perform at MetLife Stadium making him the first Latin artist to do so. The venue holds up to 80,00 seats, which is more than enough for Santos' fans who will go see the singer perform his recent number one album, Utopia.

The one-day event will be called, UTOPIA the Concert, and Santos, the King of Bachata has already taken to his social media to express his appreciation on being chosen to make history at the stadium.

"I've never performed in such a prestigious venue, not even when I was a part of Aventura or in my solo career," the 37-year-old said in a video posted to his Instagram account about his upcoming concert. The "Odio" singer shouldn't face too much of a challenge in filling up the MetLife stadium seats.

In 2014 he sold out two Yankee Stadium shows, the stadium holds over 50,000 people; during his Golden Tour he sold out New York's Madison Square Garden three times. His draw power is undeniably huge, so tickets may be hard to come by once they go on sale.

 

View this post on Instagram

 

21 De Septiembre #UT🌍PIATheConcert #MetLife. ¡Pendiente a mis redes para la fecha de la preventa!

A post shared by Romeo Santos (@romeosantos) on May 20, 2019 at 11:41am PDT

Fans can expect Santos to perform hits from his Utopia album, which includes records with fellow Dominican singers Frank Reyes, Anthony Santos, Monchy & Alexandria, and his former group Aventura.

Ticket information is not yet available but is to be expected soon.

Continue Reading
YouTube

Little Brother To Perform At Hopscotch Festival And Release New Music

This is not a drill. Little Brother is back.

DJ Booth reports Big Pooh and Phonte will officially return to the stage as Little Brother at the upcoming Hopscotch Festival. The North Carolina legends confirmed the news to the outlet and noted that 9th Wonder won't be apart of the reunion but did give his blessing.

The group made waves with their debut album The Listening in the early aughts but cemented their legacy with the classic album, The Minstrel Show in 2005. As Uproxx notes, the group also inspired and worked with some of the biggest artists in music today like Drake and Kanye West.

"I'm excited to announce that my brother Big Pooh and I are back at work. New Little Brother music and a tour are coming soon," Phonte said in a statement to DJ Booth. "After conversations with 9th Wonder following our Art of Cool reunion show in Durham last year, the three of us mutually agreed it was best for LB to continue as a duo, as Pooh and I have officially been Little Brother since 2007."

Like Phonte mentioned, the group reunited briefly at the Art of Cool Festival in Durham, North Carolina last year. Phone and Pooh will also release new music as Little Brother.

https://twitter.com/DurhamNC/status/1046205477221281792

Since their initial split, each member has gone on to release their own critically acclaimed projects. Phonte released solo projects like No News Is Good News and recently celebrated the 11th anniversary of The Foreign Exchange's standout project, Leave It All Behind.

Big Pooh has released several albums over the years, including his latest project RPM in 2018. 9th Wonder has notably went on to be one of the most important producers in hip-hop, working with the likes of Jay-Z, the late Nipsey Hussle and Kendrick Lamar. He also founded Jamla Records with Grammy-nominated Rapsody on his roster.

For good ol' times, stream The Minstrel Show below.

Continue Reading

Top Stories