kanye-steve-harvey-show
Getty Images

Kanye West Discusses 'Pablo' And A Possible Tour On 'Steve Harvey Morning Show'

Kanye West surprisingly called in to the Steve Harvey Morning Show to discuss The Life Of Pablo, an upcoming tour, his childhood and fashion.

Kanye West surprisingly called in to the Steve Harvey Morning Show on Tuesday (May 3) to discuss The Life Of Pablo, an upcoming tour, his childhood and fashion.

"You know my tour game is strong," Yeezy mentioned during the 20-minute interview. He's hoping to go on tour by at least September. "We’re working on ideas. I’m trying to inspire these kids the way Disney inspired me.”

West also discussed one of the possible reasons he has public outbursts- it's because he's trying to give his fans something of an extremely high caliber. This urge to succeed may have began when he was in fifth grade. He was getting higher test grades than other students due to being homeschooled for a year by his mother while they lived in China.

"That [being advanced] let me know I had been being taught at a level that I wasn’t reaching my full potential, I wasn’t thinking to my maximum potential," he explained.  "...That’s kind of been the story ever since, anytime y’all ever heard me scream or jump up and down it was because I wanted to bring people something to a higher potential than what the powers that control the money, the image, media and perception wanted me to.”

After being asked how his magnetic song "Ultralight Beam" came about, West detailed the meeting between him, Kirk Franklin and Kelly Price.

"Man...I mean, we were just blessed to be in the room at the right time when the ultralight beam just came through us," Kanye said, elated.  "I can't explain it in notes...I can only explain that feeling...When Kirk's choir opened up at the end, and we exposed those thousand people, I think that was a little moment of possibility that I was able to express."

Lastly, fans who are interested in his Yeezy Season 3 line but don't want to break the bank, Kanye is listening and is trying to change things.

"Mark my words, mark my words, I’m coming for their neck," he noted. "I’m about to drop these prices in a way that I can connect to the Kanye that I was when I was 14 years old and my mom could barely afford it...beauty, color, proportion, shape, that's important, man. There's more colors that are important than just green!"

Listen to the full interview below.

From the Web

More on Vibe

Nicholas Hunt/Bryan Steffy

Noname Apologizes For J. Cole Response Track "Song 33"

Last week, Noname and J. Cole squared off in a lyrical tic-for-tac over the issues of accountability during the recent deaths of many African Americans at the hands of police brutality. After launching her track "Song 33," Noname went on Twitter over the weekend and apologized for engaging in a battle of the words with Cole. 

"i've been thinking a lot about it and i am not proud of myself for responding with song 33," she tweeted regarding her Madlib-produced track. "i tried to use it as a moment to draw attention back to the issues i care about but i didn't have to respond. my ego got the best of me. i apologize for any further distraction this caused."  

She later added: "madlib killed that beat and i see there's a lot of people that resonate with the words so i'm leaving it up but i'll be donating my portion of the songs earnings to various mutual aid funds. black radical unity."

The initial skirmish between Cole and Noname occurred last month when the Chicago lyricist subliminally called out high profiled rappers for not being vocal during the protests for George Floyd. Fans pointed the fingers to Cole, and Kendrick Lamar for fitting Noname's description, and the former took offense, releasing his controversial track "Snow on the Bluff." Subsequently, Cole spoke on the song's creative process on Twitter and said he had no ill feelings towards Noname.

"Morning. I stand behind every word of the song that dropped last night," he began. "Right or wrong I can't say, but I can say it was honest. Some assume to know who the song is about. That's fine with me, it's not my job to tell anybody what to think or feel about the work. I accept all conversation and criticisms. But Let me use this moment to say this Follow @noname. I love and honor her as a leader in these times. She has done and is doing the reading and the listening and the learning on the path that she truly believes is the correct one for our people. Meanwhile a n---a like me just be rapping."

In return, Noname stormed back with her searing rebuttal "Song 33," questioning Cole's decision to speak on her tweet rather than the larger issues at hand. 

Check out Noname's tweets below.

i’ve been thinking a lot about it and i am not proud of myself for responding with song 33. i tried to use it as a moment to draw attention back to the issues i care about but i didn’t have to respond. my ego got the best of me. i apologize for any further distraction this caused

— Noname (@noname) June 21, 2020

madlib killed that beat and i see there’s a lot of people that resonate with the words so i’m leaving it up but i’ll be donating my portion of the songs earnings to various mutual aid funds. black radical unity ✊🏾

— Noname (@noname) June 21, 2020

This article originally appeared on Billboard.

Continue Reading
Rich Fury/Getty Images

Coachella 2020 Has Officially Been Canceled

Update: 12:00 AM EST (June 11, 2020) —  Goldenvoice is assuring ticket holders that passes for the 2020 Coachella and Stagecoach festivals will be honored in 2021.

The company confirmed that next year’s Coachella festival will take place over two consecutive weekend beginning April 9-11 2021. Stagecoach kicks off the following weekend after Coachella ends.

Ticket holders will receive an email on Monday (June 15) “with further instructions to request a refund or to roll over to next year.”

pic.twitter.com/s8oZARGJYf

— Coachella (@coachella) June 11, 2020

Original story below...

After initially being postponed until October, the 2020 Coachella Valley Music & Arts Festival has officially been canceled. Riverside County Public Health Officer Dr. Cameron Kaiser decided to cancel Coachella and Stagecoach Music Festival amid concerns that COVID-19 could get worse in the fall.

“Given the projected circumstances and potential, I would not be comfortable moving forward,” Kaiser said in a statement on Wednesday (June 10). “These decisions are not taken lightly with the knowledge that many people will be impacted. My first priority is the heat of the community.”

Officials in Riverside County consulted with Goldenvoice, the company behind the annual festivals, before making a final decision. Coachella and its country music counterpart, Stagecoach, are both expected to return to Indio, Calif. next year but with updated health precautions in place.

Coachella and Stagecoach aren’t the only major music festivals to get canceled this year. The 2020 Lollapalooza festival was also axed because of the pandemic. “We wish we could bring Lollapalooza to [Chicago’s] Grant Park again this year, but we understand why things can’t move forward as planned,” reads a message on the festival website. “The health and safety of our fans, artists, partners, staff and community is our highest priority.”

Continue Reading
Getty Images

Tekashi 6ix9ine And Nicki Minaj Announce “Trollz” Collaboration

Update: 12:15 A.M. EST (June 11,2020) — As promised, Tekashi 6ix9ine and Nicki Minaj unleashed their new single “Trollz.”

Watch the music video below.

Original story below...

Tekashi 6ix9ine and Nicki Minaj are teaming back up for the new single, “Trollz,” the rap duo announced on social media on Wednesday (June 11).

The “Trollz” music video drops at midnight on Friday (June 12). A percentage of the single's proceeds will go to The Bail Project Inc.

“The fund provides free bail assistance to low-income individuals who cannot afford to pay bail,” Minaj tweeted, along with a Black Lives Matter hashtag.

 

A portion of the proceeds from #Trollz including merch items, will be going directly to The Bail Project Inc. The fund provides free bail assistance to low-income individuals who can’t afford to pay bail. #BlackLivesMatter #TrollzVIDEO tmrw @ midnight https://t.co/bZEurWg6Jx pic.twitter.com/G0t0crYh8E

— Mrs. Petty (@NICKIMINAJ) June 10, 2020

 

View this post on Instagram

 

nObOdY gOiN To WoRk wiTH HiM No mOrE LINK IN MY BIO ‼️‼️ GO PREORDER TROLLZ RIGHT NOW PORTION OF THE PROCEEDS FROM TROLLZ WILL GO TO BAILING OUT PROTESTERS ❤️

A post shared by TROLLZ (@6ix9ine) on Jun 10, 2020 at 10:00am PDT

“Trollz” marks the second single from Tekashi since being released from prison early, and his latest collaboration with Minaj after “Fefe.” Last month, Minaj teamed with Doja Cat for the “Say So” remix, which scored the Queens native her first No. 1 hit on the Billboard singles chart.

Minaj isn’t the only artist to link up with the 23-year-old rapper as of late. Akon jumped in the studio with Tekashi to work on an apparent follow-up to his 2003 single, “Locked Up.”

 

View this post on Instagram

 

LOCKED UP PART 2 IM ON ALBUM MODE THIS ALBUM GOING CRAZYYYYYYY @akon ❤️

A post shared by TROLLZ (@6ix9ine) on Jun 7, 2020 at 10:16am PDT

Continue Reading

Top Stories