Facebook Live Footage Shows Fatal Aftermath Of Officer-Involved Shooting

Shortly after the nation showed outrage over the death of Alton Sterling, another man was fatally shot by a police officer as his girlfriend filmed the incident on Facebook.

READ Alton Sterling’s Son Breaks Down As Many Continue To Sound Off In Outrage

According to Minneapolis Star Tribune, a Minnesota native who goes by the name Lavish Reynolds on the social network, filmed the encounter with her boyfriend Philando Castile and an unidentified police officer Wednesday evening (July 6) in Falcon Heights. The couple was reportedly pulled over for broken taillight. The graphic video begins with Castile drowning in his own blood as he leans on his Reynolds, with an officer pointing a gun into the car. A calm and collected Reynolds goes on to explain the incident.

“He told him that it was in his wallet, but he had a pistol on him because he’s licensed to carry,” Reynolds says referring to Castile’s driver’s license. “The officer said don’t move. As he was putting his hands back up, the officer shot him in the arm four or five times.” The officer is heard repeating “I told him not to move,” with Reynolds replying that Castile was simply following his orders. “You shot four bullets into him, sir,” she replied, “He was just getting his license and registration, sir.”

“Please don’t tell me my boyfriend’s gone,” she said.”He don’t deserve this, please. He works for St. Paul Public Schools. He’s never been in jail, anything. He’s not a gang member, anything.” Reynolds’ four-year-old daughter was also present when the shooting happened. An officer is seen holding the child as two other cops draw their weapons towards Reynolds after she was asked to exit the vehicle.

The graphic video was removed from Facebook and later uploaded with a warning for viewers. A witness posted their own recording on Twitter.

Castile was pronounced dead Hennepin County Medical Center. Reynolds was said to be in police custody as of Thursday (July 7.) Friends and family members of Castile’s gathered around the hospital in prayer.

Interim police chief Sgt. Jon Mangseth released a statement to reporters on the ground. “This is an ongoing investigation,” Mangseth said. “As this unfolds, we will release the information as we learn it and we will address concerns as we are made aware of them. I don’t have a lot of details right now. It’s shocking. It’s not something that occurs here in our area.”

This is a developing story..

READ Snow Tha Product Reacted To #AltonSterling And It Prompted Talks Of “Black On Black” Crime