Gucci Mane Sounds Ready To Officially Take Over The Rap Game
After letting fans know that he would be coming to a city near them on his Woptober tour, Big Guwop headed to New York City to promote his upcoming album by the same name — which is slated to be released on Oct. 17. His first stop was HOT97 for a major interview with Funkmaster Flex.
Sounding more like a trap scholar than a trap god, Gucci opened up about how he transformed his mind and body in prison. He states that after gaining clarity from 2-3 months of sobriety, he slowly started exercising and eating right behind bars. As he witnessed his weight dropping, it only motivated him to work harder at getting fit.
Here’s quick breakdown of his other major keys from the interview:
– Gucci credits his girlfriend Keyshia Kaoir and 300 founder Todd Moscowitz as two people who stuck by his side at all times during his incarceration.
– He gave Young Thug serious advice and encouragement to sign with 300 and to push his own label, YSL.
– Guwop cut himself off from the social media and rap world while behind bars, he only had limited access to email and preferred it like that.
– He loves all the young dance crazes and movements in hip-hop, and respects upcoming artists like Savage, Young M.A., Lil’ Uzi Vert, and Lil’ Yachty.
– He hasn’t spoken to Waka Flocka and Nicki Minaj in years, and doesn’t have any plans to work with them again.
– Gucci has spoken to Drake about doing a mixtape together, but their schedules have been too hectic lately to record.
– The Gucci clones rumors only pushed him to stay healthy because he knew he was on the right track when fans couldn’t believe that he transformed himself into sober, healthy human being.