Clown
Fox 43

Concerned Clowns To Hold 'Clown Lives Matter' Protest In Arizona

This is getting out of hand you guys. 

Clown sightings have inspired professional clowns to form Clown Lives Matter, because this is what 2016 has come to.

ABC15 Arizona reports the march will take place in Tuscon Oct. 15. Attendees are encouraged to dress up as a clown or don a mask. "This is a peaceful way to show clowns are not psycho killers.," the flyer reads. "We want the public to feel safe, and not be afraid. So come out, bring the family, meet a clown and get a hug!" Created by Snuggles the Clown a.k.a Jordan Jones, the professional believes his reputation is tainted over the viral craze. Speaking to Fox 43 in Pennyslavaina, Jones says his family wants him to quit his job over fears he will be arrested or harmed by clown hunters.

"Everyone took this as a joke but it's really become serious now, and I just want all these teenagers to know that it's not a game anymore," he said Tuesday (Oct. 4) You're ruining my job and other actors around the world.  I went outside for a photo shoot and people were driving by taking pictures saying they are going to call the cops because they profiled me as one of the clowns in the woods."

Since Monday (Oct.3), dozens of reports have poured over social media of clowns lingering around pedestrians with bats in several states across the country. Most of the incidents have turned out to be hoaxes while some have resulted in criminal charges. This week, over 500 students from Penn State University gathered to hunt for clowns while other colleges have issued out warnings. In New York, a teenager was chased out of the subway by a man in a clown mask who tried to stop other passengers from boarding the train. Officials are taking the events seriously as The White House addressed the incident and the NYPD assured residents not to panic over clown sightings.

Rich Hanley, a journalism professor and social media expert at Quinnipiac University, tells AP the clown incidents are helping people ignore a rough year filled with political and racial turmoil. "If anything, it's just distracting us from the real ordinary threats that we face in our everyday lives," he said.  He compared the tactic to "swatting," the act of falsely reporting a bomb threat, murder or hostage-taking incident at someone else's address. When it comes to Snuggles, the clown just wants the pranks to stop. "I think it's really negative," he said. "It's becoming very, very serious and I don't think a lot of people know how serious it's becoming."

Take a look at his story below.

READ: How I Got Over: A Questlove Timeline from the Roots to Questlove Supreme

From the Web

More on Vibe

Vic Mensa Apologized To XXXTentacion's Mother Over BET Freestyle Diss

Vic Mensa sparked controversy earlier this year after he took jabs at XXXTentacion's abusive past during a freestyle at the 2018 BET Hip-Hop Awards. Many criticized the timing of his diss, saying he shouldn't have said it while X's mother was in attendance to accept her son's award. While Vic stated that he doesn't regret his comments, he admitted that he did apologize to X's mom.

"I actually reached out to his mother personally,” the rapper said during an appearance on radio's "The Breakfast Club" on Monday (Dec. 10). "I apologized to her because I didn’t know she would be in attendance… I wouldn’t walk back any of my statements because what I said, I meant. And some more truth came to light not long after."

He also mentioned that although his timing was inappropriate, his talking points were important and necessary. "At the end of the day, I do think that the conversation that I was trying to bring up and that I did bring up is a super necessary conversation," he continued. "Maybe the way of going about it was not the best for the time, but I think the conversation is one that had to be had – talking about violence against women and misogyny in hip-hop, but particularly violence against women. I had a lot of people on the low reach out to me and thank me for that."

As previously mentioned, XXXTentacion was accused of physically abusing his then-pregnant, ex-girlfriend. Vic's freestyle included the lines: "Only time you bear arms is in a wife beater, loser/Your favorite rapper is an abuser." Weeks after the viral diss, audio obtained by Pitchfork, revealed the rapper admitting to committing physical harm against her and others.

Check out Vic Mensa full interview above.

Continue Reading
Vivien Killilea

Romeo May Have Landed A Role In 'Bad Boys For Life'

Bad Boys 3 is officially going down, and there's going to be a lot of new changes. The biggest change seems to be major additions to the film's cast. In fact, Romeo Miller recently hopped on social media on Tuesday (Dec. 11), suggesting that he could be the newest addition to the Bad Boys team.

Romeo shared a photo of an email for a callback to the Bad Boys set on his Instagram Stories on Dec. 11. "When you get callbacks and opportunity to work alongside your idols, @martinlawrence and @willsmith, you go study and go ghost," the rapper-turned-actor said, mentioning stars Martin Lawrence and Will Smith.

Romeo isn't the only hip-hop star to possibly land a role in the forthcoming movie. Nicky Jam also suggested he was going out for a part during an interview with TMZ in Nov. 2018. "I actually came her because I'm doing a casting for a movie," he said at the time.

As previously reported Will Smith and Martin Lawrence announced that the third installment of the Bad Boys franchise is finally happening after years of negotiating. The upcoming film, entitled, Bad Boys For Life, is expected to premiere in Jan. 2020.

Check out Romeo's post below.

 

View this post on Instagram

 

Looks like #Romeo May be joining the #BadBoys3 crew! Are y’all here for it, #Roomies!?

A post shared by The Shade Room (@theshaderoom) on Dec 11, 2018 at 10:13am PST

Continue Reading
Getty Images

Safaree Says He's Over His Beef With Meek Mill: "He Ain't On No B.S"

Safaree is ready to leave the ill feelings in 2018. In a forthcoming episode of BET's Rants, Safaree dished about his previously beef with Meek Mill, insisting that he was way over the drama.

During the episode, Safaree addressed Meek's new attitude and maturity level. "As far as Meek—and I can see in Meek and everything he does now—he's way more mature than he was even a year ago," Safaree said. "From what he's been through, I can tell he ain't on no B.S. because when I hosted the BET Pre-Awards and all that, [Rick] Ross was there. Me and Ross, we spoke, we chopped it up and Meek was right there."

He also stated that he's moving on and focusing his energy elsewhere. "It was what it was. The s**t happened. Ain't nobody die. I'm over that."

As previously reported, Safaree and Meek's beef started in 2017, over what seemed to be the common denominator: Nicki Minaj. Meek started dating the rapper after her 10-year long romance with the Love & Hip Hop star.

Things escalated after Safaree accused Meek and his crew of jumping him during the 2017 BET Awards weekend in Los Angeles. Footage taken during the incident shows Safaree talking to some people at the same time that Meek hops out of his vehicle a couple of feet away. Soon after, someone is seen throwing a punch at Safaree. At the time, Safaree called Meek the "biggest pu**y on the planet, but he clearly has a change of heart now.

It's unclear if Meek and Safaree have officially made up, but this wouldn't be the first reconciliation that happened involving the CHAMPIONSHIPS artist. He previously made up with Drake in Sept. 2018.

Safaree's episode of Rants airs on BET on Dec. 11.

Continue Reading

Top Stories