Kim Kardashian Limits Social Media & Public Appearances Post-Robbery
A lot of changes are underway in Kim Kardashian’s camp following her Paris Fashion Week incident where she was held at gunpoint as robbers got away with over $10 million in jewelry.
People reports the reality star will reduce the amounts of social media and public appearances she makes while police continue to investigate the incident. “This scared everyone,” the unnamed source said. “They’re not taking chances … It was a really scary situation for the entire family, and it’s just not worth it to put themselves out there unnecessarily right now.” Kardashian will also hire more security members with the inclusion of plainclothes guards. Since the robbery early Monday (Oct. 3), the 35-year-old’s “normal” activities were scrutinized as critics suggest Kardashian’s openness about her private life made her an easy target for the robbers.
Johanna Primevert, the chief spokesperson for the Paris police department, tells CNN the masked men strictly went for the items Kim posted on Snapchat and Instagram just a few hours before the incident. “It was really the celebrity who was targeted, with possessions that had been seen and noticed via social media, and it was these goods that the attackers targeted,” Primevert said.
Five men dressed as police officers entered through the service entrance of the mansion hotel around 2:30 a.m. Kardashian was tied up by two of the men and locked in a bathroom while the suspects stole two cellphones, a ring worth $4 million and a jewelry box containing over $6 million in items.
Kardashian’s family has followed her lead of keeping quiet on social media, except Kylie Jenner’s “throwback” IG-pic from her Turks & Caicos trip on Tuesday (Oct. 4). For now, Kim has been in the company of friends like Johnathan Cheban and Lala Anthony. “She’s barely slept. She’s had no anxiety medication or alcoholic drinks as she doesn’t do any of that stuff,” the source said. “She’s just got comfort from being around her kids and friends. They have been her rocks and spent the day with her yesterday.”
Her first cancelled appearance will be The Master Class, a beauty demonstration with her makeup artist Mario Dedivanovic. The event was scheduled for October 14 in Dubai but has been pushed to an unannounced date.