Harlem Globetrotters Break Nine World Records, Announce 2017 World Tour
The Harlem Globetrotters will be taking their talents to an arena near you next year, as they announced a 2017 world tour going to 250 markets in the U.S. alone, as well as 30 countries across the globe. The news didn’t stop there, as the legendary Globetrotters celebrated Guinness World Records Day by breaking nine in one day, bringing their total records to 15.
— Harlem Globetrotters (@Globies) November 17, 2016
“We are the original trick shot artists, so it is great to reclaim our records and re-establish our dominance,” said Harlem Globetrotters star Big Easy Lofton. “We have been training hard so to have a day where we push the limits and try some fun yet challenging shots, is pretty cool. I mean, how many people can say they’re a Guinness World Records title holder? We can’t wait to put smiles on people’s faces as we demonstrate our skills and talents on the upcoming world tour.”
The Globetrotters tip-off their world tour the day after Christmas (Dec. 26), tickets are now available at www.harlemglobetrotters.com
The ballers are scheduled to be in the NYC metropolitan area in February and April.
- Monday, Feb. 6 at 7 p.m. – White Plains – Westchester County Center
- Tuesday, Feb. 7 at 7 p.m. – White Plains – Westchester County Center
- Saturday, Feb. 11 at 7 p.m. – Rutgers University – The RAC
- Friday, Feb. 17 at 7 p.m. – Newark, NJ – Prudential Center
- Sunday, Feb. 19 at 7 p.m. – Madison Square Garden
- Monday, Feb. 20 at 12 p.m. & 6 p.m. – Madison Square Garden
- Sunday, April 2 at 12 p.m. – Barclays Center
- Tuesday, April 11 at 7 p.m. – Uniondale – new renovated Nassau Coliseum
Check out the video of the squad breaking all nine records below. This is a show that everyone needs to see at least once in their life, a truly unforgettable interactive experience for all ages.