Kids Rock! - Front Row - Spring 2016 New York Fashion Week: The Shows
Getty

La La and Carmelo Anthony Have Reportedly Decided To Separate

After nearly 7 years of marriage, NBA star Carmelo and actress & personality La La Anthony have reportedly separated. According to TMZ, the couple has decided to live in separate homes for reasons unknown.

"La La moved out of the family home last week and has her own place in NYC now," notes the outlet. Although the married couple attended a basketball game for their son, Kiyan, over the weekend, they allegedly have no plans to relocate their 10-year-old son in the near future.

Earlier this month, New York Knicks president, Phil Jackson, shared his sentiments about the direction of the team adding that Carmelo is "a player that would be better off somewhere else." However, Anthony has previously expressed his desire to stay with the team.

Neither La La or Carmelo have issued a statement.

From the Web

More on Vibe

It's Official: Joe Biden Announces 2020 Presidential Bid

After months of speculation and hints, former Vice President Joe Biden officially announced his bid for a 2020 presidency.

In a video announcing his run which was released on Thursday (April 25), Biden states that he wants to fix the issues in the country. What inspired him to run was Donald Trump’s response to the deadly 2017 white supremacist protest in Charlottesville, Va.

"In that moment, I knew the threat to this nation was unlike any I had ever seen in my lifetime," Biden says. The 76-year-old is also a former Delaware senator.

"I believe history will look back on four years of [Trump] and all he embraces as an aberrant moment in time," he continues in the video. "But if we give Donald Trump eight years in the White House, he will forever and fundamentally alter the character of this nation — who we are — and I cannot stand by and watch that happen."

In 2015, Biden stated that he would not be running for President, as he wanted to focus on healing from the loss of his son, Beau, to cancer. However, NPR reports that his family–especially his grandchildren– have “prodded” him to run.

He joins Kamala Harris, Cory Booker, Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren as politicians who have thrown their hat into the ring for a Democratic nomination.

Continue Reading

Cardi B Snaps At 'The Shade Room' For Publicizing Negativity: 'It’s Trash'

Cardi B is tired of The Shade Room, and she let us know that fact by posting videos bashing them on social media.

The rapper took to Instagram to discuss her issues with the social media page posting negative things about the people she is associated with, including her husband Offset. The Migos member was reportedly mentioned on The Shade Room regarding his recent felony gun possession charges.

“Everybody that they know that I’m cool with, they always try to get them set up for people to talk sh*t,” she said. "Offset donated 25K to the Ellen foundation for the kids in Africa. Did The Shade Room post it? No… are they posting any positive sh*t and investment talk that he’s been talking about in his interviews? No. But they sure post the way he had drama with his baby mom. They sure posting about his court cases, right?"

She continues by stating that she understands that blogs will be blogs, and she doesn’t want them to only post the positive aspects of celebrities’ lives. However, Cardi says that there is a “hate campaign” and bias against Quality Control and those associated with her via TSR, and she wants it to end.

“That sh*t is getting wack,” she continues. “It’s trash. How do people want us to change? For what? Why change? Y’all don’t post the change, y’all don’t post the good, y’all don’t post the accomplishments. Y’all post the f**k sh*t. So, what the f**k?”

She concludes by stating that black blogs capitalize on black drama and negativity occurring in the community, which causes white publications to follow suit.

“Stop claiming that y’all for the people, when y’all fuel drama in between these artists,” she states.

Continue Reading
Getty Images

R. Kelly Accuser Wins Civil Case Against Singer By Default Judgment

R. Kelly was a no-show in court today (April 24), after he was sent a summons to appear. Due to the singer's absence, the woman accusing him of sexual abuse in a civil case won by a default judgment. The judge presiding over the case determined that Kelly and his legal team ignored the woman's civil suit.

Per The Chicago Tribune, a woman who accused Kelly of sexually abusing her in the '90s filed a suit in February alleging that the musician had an inappropriate sexual relationship with her when she was 16 years old. She is now 36, and is identified in court documents at H.W.

Kelly was reportedly served the summons last month during his brief stint in a Cook County jail cell for missed child support payments. However, the woman's attorneys claim that he never filed an appearance in the lawsuit.

"Judge Moira Johnson granted the attorneys’ request Tuesday to enter a judgment against Kelly," the Tribune reports. "That could still be reversed if Kelly got an attorney involved in the suit. If that doesn’t happen, Kelly could be ordered to pay damages as soon as next month when the alleged victim is expected to testify about her allegations against the singer."

During H.W.'s May 8 court appearance, she will reportedly discuss her alleged relationship and encounters with Kelly in detail.

Kelly faces a maximum of up to 70 years behind bars. He is charged with 10 counts of aggravated criminal sexual abuse involving four separate victims, three of whom were underage during the time of their alleged encounters.

Continue Reading

Top Stories